Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   2015 Smith IO7 and Dragon APX2 - New quick release lens options (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/124913-2015-smith-io7-dragon-apx2-new.html)

Wiredsport 02-04-2014 08:36 AM

2015 Smith IO7 and Dragon APX2 - New quick release lens options
 
STOKED! Both Dragon and Smith have upcoming quick release mechanisms on new goggle models for 2015. Photos and videos will follow.

Smith IO7:



http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/SmithIO7.jpg

http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/SmithIO73.jpg

http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/SmithIO7Detail.jpg

http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/SmithIO7Detail3.jpg

http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/SmithIO7Detail2.jpg

Dragon APX2:



http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/APX2Green.jpg

http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/DragonLatchDetail.jpg

http://www.wiredsport.com/SIA/DragonAPX2.jpg

speedjason 02-04-2014 09:08 AM

all I see is $$$$$$$$$$:huh:

Logan14 02-04-2014 09:24 AM

Those Smiths look sexy as

Wiredsport 02-04-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedjason (Post 1499913)
all I see is $$$$$$$$$$:huh:

The Dragon's will be MSRP $260.00. Smith's MSRP $230.00.

East§ide 02-04-2014 09:40 AM

awesome looking goggles but that kind of MSRP is just insane IMHO for goggles. I am a huge proponent of quality eyewear (and an Oakley collector) but I think these are just way overboard. You're paying for an assumed value of convenience.. they look cool, but how can you justify buying one pair of these for the price of, for example, 5 pairs of Grayne Goggles..?

andrewdod 02-04-2014 09:42 AM

the tech is nice and they look super cool... but the way i abuse and mistreat goggles i should be thrown in jail for crimes against the goggle community... its just way too much money for me to spend just to smash them on some hard ice or a rail somewhere... Now, those Grayne Goggles on the other hand... those got me thinkin...

jdang307 02-04-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East§ide (Post 1499969)
awesome looking goggles but that kind of MSRP is just insane IMHO for goggles. I am a huge proponent of quality eyewear (and an Oakley collector) but I think these are just way overboard. You're paying for an assumed value of convenience.. they look cool, but how can you justify buying one pair of these for the price of, for example, 5 pairs of Grayne Goggles..?

You wait until they're $80 after the season on the clymb or something similar

East§ide 02-04-2014 02:09 PM

ive done that before, its okay..except you generally have limited options on colors and lens choices, besides the fact that I sincerely doubt you're going to see either of these offered anywhere near $80 .. EG2's are $100 less and are rare to find for $80. And EG2's have been around for like 4 or 5 years now.

speedjason 02-04-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewdod (Post 1499985)
the tech is nice and they look super cool... but the way i abuse and mistreat goggles i should be thrown in jail for crimes against the goggle community... its just way too much money for me to spend just to smash them on some hard ice or a rail somewhere... Now, those Grayne Goggles on the other hand... those got me thinkin...

get them, you will be amazed.:bowdown:

to the goggles. I like good stuff and I don't mind buying quality goggles but at the end of the day we are all just having fun not racing. I myself spend $700 on mountain bike I think is the max amount I would spend yet there are people spend $3k yet never ride them.
its just crazy one would spend over $150 on goggles in my opinion unless money is no object.
I've seen people with $1000 gear just falling leaf down the hill.

freshy 02-04-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East§ide (Post 1500905)
.. EG2's are $100 less and are rare to find for $80. And EG2's have been around for like 4 or 5 years now.

I see EG2's in shops that sell off older gear for $85 and thats in Canada too. They are usually $80 on Whiskey Militia and I have seen them go for $60 on there too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedjason (Post 1501169)
its just crazy one would spend over $150 on goggles in my opinion unless money is no object.
I've seen people with $1000 gear just falling leaf down the hill.

I bought EG2's about 5 years ago for $150 and they are still going strong, even the original lens still doesn't fog. I guess I could buy a shitty $30 pair every year but I still wouldn't have the awesome field of view I get.

I get what your saying with buying gear that seems very expensive, but your paying for way better performance.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2