Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   helmet audio suggestions? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/144914-helmet-audio-suggestions.html)

taco tuesday 08-26-2014 01:10 PM

helmet audio suggestions?
 
9 Attachment(s)
I have a Red Mutiny helmet that i would like to put some headphones in. It seems like they don't make the "red phones" anymore or maybe the name changed. I can't seem to find them. Anyone know of some good ones that i could retrofit into the liner on my helmet? I have a panasonic shock box bluetooth speaker that i strap to my pack but it would be nice to have tunes when i don't bring the pack.

jjb7733 08-26-2014 01:24 PM

Here's what I did, haven't tried it on the mountain yet

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/out...th-helmet.html

larrytbull 08-26-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taco tuesday (Post 1791122)
I have a Red Mutiny helmet that i would like to put some headphones in. It seems like they don't make the "red phones" anymore or maybe the name changed. I can't seem to find them. Anyone know of some good ones that i could retrofit into the liner on my helmet? I have a panasonic shock box bluetooth speaker that i strap to my pack but it would be nice to have tunes when i don't bring the pack.

Bern Chips... Try to find a deal
I was able to find a deal last year on them by buying them in an upgrade liner that went on clearance on evo for $40
havent seen anything close to it since,

http://www.backcountry.com/images/it...OTC0014/BK.jpg

ryannorthcott 08-26-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrytbull (Post 1791146)
Bern Chips... Try to find a deal
I was able to find a deal last year on them by buying them in an upgrade liner that went on clearance on evo for $40
havent seen anything close to it since,

http://www.backcountry.com/images/it...OTC0014/BK.jpg

I second this, although I thought they were Outdoor Tech brand?
A bit pricey for sure, but convenience and audio quality is top notch. No more fumbling around with your iPod in the cold to switch songs, pause, adjust volume etc.

KansasNoob 08-26-2014 05:30 PM

Koss KSC75. Found out about them on here.

KEL52 11-24-2014 01:19 AM

spam removed by moderator

ek9max 11-24-2014 01:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryannorthcott (Post 1791250)
I second this, although I thought they were Outdoor Tech brand?
A bit pricey for sure, but convenience and audio quality is top notch. No more fumbling around with your iPod in the cold to switch songs, pause, adjust volume etc.

3RD!

I had these in my bern Carbon watts last year. They fit in my new Anon Blitz for this year PERFECT.

Love them. sound quality is decent. But there's nothing like being wireless and being bale to control track,volume, pause/resume by pushing the ear pads.

Don't have fumble around trying to find the wire and controller on other models.

larrytbull 11-24-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEL52 (Post 1958722)
Check out a new one on Kickstarter at http://kck.st/1xwVuuj (shameless plug)

Seriously though ... we are looking for feedback and input from the snowboard community ... help shape this product and bring it to market.

http://kel52.com/wp-content/uploads/...tAndName-C.png

No other headphone system has all the goods as this one. Amazing price for early backers on Kickstarter.

Thx, Martin

QQ

1. how do you charge the headphones? the big issue I have on my chips is that I have to keep removing from helmet to charge.

2. how is that keypad attached to the helmet
3. why only native IOS support

Argo 11-24-2014 08:50 AM

I like to keep it simple. I don't like headphones dieing mid day, I don't like changing more than I already do.... I use skull candy drop ins inside the ear piece of the helmet. Super inexpensive and don't die. Put a control aux cable on it and your good.

Headphones are around $10
Aux maybe $10 also.

They last years before needing replacement. I just replaced mine this year, old ones had 2 years and 300 or so sweaty riding days on them and alot of travel.

KEL52 11-24-2014 02:44 PM

Hi Larry ... thx for the good questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrytbull (Post 1959018)
QQ

1. how do you charge the headphones? the big issue I have on my chips is that I have to keep removing from helmet to charge.
This is a big thing we wanted to address. It is charged with an industry-standard micro-USB port. No need to carry around little adapter widgets. The USB port is externally accessible on the right side of the 3 Button Remote. Nice and easy to get at, without having to tear through your audio liner.
2. how is that keypad attached to the helmet
It is attached using a high performance 3M tape ... same as what is used on GoPro adhesive mounts. Amazing stuff.
I found that with other systems, continually pressing your ears is just bothersome. With SHREDZ, when you press a button, a firm click sound resonates nicely through the helmet.

The other item we addressed is removing any double-click or double-button press operations. All smartphone operations are performed with single button click presses. Much easier to remember !
3. why only native IOS support
Our Bluetooth works with both Android and iOS. But may be you are referring to the SHREDZ battery gauge appearing on your smartphone. That is not yet available on Android, but may be coming with the newer Android software. We'll keep you posted.

We also have a cost-effective Wired model, which has true 3 button remote operation for both iOS and Android.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2