Dakine glove fit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
radiomuse210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Default Dakine glove fit

So this is what I get for hopping on a deal too quickly.

I've been looking for some new gloves, but REALLY short on cash due to some things that have popped up. Found a great deal on Dakine Lynx gloves and ordered a small. My hands are this weird in between size - they are small/medium around the hand, but I have shorter sized fingers. I usually wear gloves around 7-7.5 BUT have worn gloves as small as 6in in a pinch. The 7-7.5 gloves usually fit comfy around the hand with room for a liner, but in the fingers they are too long - and i hate having extra material off the end of my fingers. So when I was wearing the 6in gloves, the fingers were PERFECT but it was snug around my hand. Not uncomfortable, I was able to flex my hand just fine, not cutting off circulation - but fitting a liner was not possible. I ordered a small in the Dakines thinking it would be a better fit in the fingers while also leaving some room for thin liners.

Dakine's glove size chart has them fitting a size down from most other gloves. A small usually fits 6.5-7.5, but with Dakine it is 5.5-6.5. I'm wondering if this smaller fit holds true in real life? I don't think they will be unwearable by any means, seeing as I wore a kids glove in small (kids not toddlers) at the end of last season when I lost one of my other gloves on the slopes, but I wanted to get some liners for better waterproofing. I'm not gonna sweat it if I can't do that, just want an idea of what to expect. I've never encountered a pair of gloves that deviated from the usual path, although it was bound to happen eventually.

There is a lesson in all this - do some research before hopping on a great deal (these were 60% off and free shipping), even with something as "minor" as gloves.
radiomuse210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 732
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomuse210 View Post
So this is what I get for hopping on a deal too quickly.

I've been looking for some new gloves, but REALLY short on cash due to some things that have popped up. Found a great deal on Dakine Lynx gloves and ordered a small. My hands are this weird in between size - they are small/medium around the hand, but I have shorter sized fingers. I usually wear gloves around 7-7.5 BUT have worn gloves as small as 6in in a pinch. The 7-7.5 gloves usually fit comfy around the hand with room for a liner, but in the fingers they are too long - and i hate having extra material off the end of my fingers. So when I was wearing the 6in gloves, the fingers were PERFECT but it was snug around my hand. Not uncomfortable, I was able to flex my hand just fine, not cutting off circulation - but fitting a liner was not possible. I ordered a small in the Dakines thinking it would be a better fit in the fingers while also leaving some room for thin liners.

Dakine's glove size chart has them fitting a size down from most other gloves. A small usually fits 6.5-7.5, but with Dakine it is 5.5-6.5. I'm wondering if this smaller fit holds true in real life? I don't think they will be unwearable by any means, seeing as I wore a kids glove in small (kids not toddlers) at the end of last season when I lost one of my other gloves on the slopes, but I wanted to get some liners for better waterproofing. I'm not gonna sweat it if I can't do that, just want an idea of what to expect. I've never encountered a pair of gloves that deviated from the usual path, although it was bound to happen eventually.

There is a lesson in all this - do some research before hopping on a great deal (these were 60% off and free shipping), even with something as "minor" as gloves.
All of that is why you should wear mittens :P
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 171
Default

i have no idea. i'm only posting so you don't feel like nobody cares. i care. i just don't know.

EDIT: nevermind. nobody had posted yet when i was typing my response lol
SkullAndXbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 732
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullAndXbones View Post
i have no idea. i'm only posting so you don't feel like nobody cares. i care. i just don't know.

EDIT: nevermind. nobody had posted yet when i was typing my response lol
I dont care, i just want to push the mitten agenda.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 171
Default

i will not convert

gloves all day!
SkullAndXbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowDogWax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Slip Fusion, PA
Posts: 1,075
Blog Entries: 1
Default

mitten, mitten, mitten, who got the button
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullAndXbones View Post
i will not convert

gloves all day!
I agree. My Dakines have like 560g of insulation and are warm as hell.
KansasNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDogWax View Post
mitten, mitten, mitten, who got the button
You can't do this with mittens...:fin ger1:
mojo maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
radiomuse210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
I dont care, i just want to push the mitten agenda.
Bwahaha - i tried mittens as my hands tend to run cold. However I hate the feeling of my fingers being "trapped". Just a weird fact about me. Also here in Virginia, it's pretty rare that temps get so low that a glove doesn't work for me. Anything about 40s and my hands get too warm in a mitten.
radiomuse210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,634
Default

My fingers freeze if not mittenized! I hate gloves and I wear them for work. Never get the same fit twice!

Sorry kiddo! Gotta push the mitten agenda for snowboarding too! Wish I could be of more help.
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums