this is an old thread but saw an alert in my email. just wanted to chime in that i've been using the Ride Qi for past couple years and I have about 3 of them lying around. I really don't like anything else I've tried and hope they are still making these... honestly I use these even just when it's really cold + windy outside. Just have to remember to pull it down if I go into a store so they don't think i'm robbing them.
I second air hole, I like how the opening is lined in plastic so the moisture gets out and it feels hygienic.
The downsides to airhole:
- on really cold runs my teeth are cold
- the triangular shape doesn't really keep my neck warm
- has trouble staying up if you have a ponytail/long hair
- hole must be centered, some shifting occurs and causes discomfort (problems with long hair)
- goggles must go under the air hole, if over it will definitely fog up the goggles and make a mess - awkward nose placement issue in this case