goggle cleaning and care help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
xxfinnellxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle Washington
Posts: 270
Default goggle cleaning and care help

(excuse my typing, im on my itouch because my computer just crashed again...POS)

Ive had my vonzipper feenoms for a few years now and i still love them allthogh i have a few things im in need of advice for.

1) my lens keeps fogging up between the lenses, any cures?
2) the face foam smells like ass, is there any special way to clean that out safely?

Thanks ahead
__________________
Helgason Pride

2011 edit thingy. Peep it, there are backflips. http://vimeo.com/28588117
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,475
Default

take the lens out, wash the rest, take a blowdryer (don't use heat if you're a pussy) to the foam between the dual-lens and evaporate/force that moisture out
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,428
Default

If they keep fogging up between then too much moisture is getting there. Try drying them out and close up the venting. If that doesn't work then you might need new lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfinnellxx View Post
(excuse my typing, im on my itouch because my computer just crashed again...POS)

Ive had my vonzipper feenoms for a few years now and i still love them allthogh i have a few things im in need of advice for.

1) my lens keeps fogging up between the lenses, any cures?
2) the face foam smells like ass, is there any special way to clean that out safely?

Thanks ahead
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FoShizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 162
Default

It's probably too late now, but when you get new goggles, try not to touch the inside of the lens. If you must, take your goggle bag, flip it inside out and wipe it with that.

(also, i heard bandaids absorb moisture when you stick em on the inside of your goggles. never tried it, but i hear it works a bit)

ps. dont close up your vents...
__________________
FoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
take the lens out, wash the rest, take a blowdryer (don't use heat if you're a pussy) to the foam between the dual-lens and evaporate/force that moisture out
Do as legal stated. Once you've dried out the lenses, see if there is a crack in the seal between the two lenses. If so, seal it back up. Once the sealant dries, you should be good to go.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Default

anyone have oakley corwbar's? i have a dried up water spot inbetween the two lenses. For those that dont know oakley lenses are double lenses.

Is there anyway to clean this out?
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
xxfinnellxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle Washington
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
anyone have oakley corwbar's? i have a dried up water spot inbetween the two lenses. For those that dont know oakley lenses are double lenses.

Is there anyway to clean this out?
Negative, sorry. Try just taking a hair dryer and just aim it on that spot for a little bit.
__________________
Helgason Pride

2011 edit thingy. Peep it, there are backflips. http://vimeo.com/28588117
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfinnellxx View Post
Negative, sorry. Try just taking a hair dryer and just aim it on that spot for a little bit.


But its already dry... what will putting a blow dryer do to get rid of a water spot thats dry lol
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums