Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Best tailbone protection is? azzpadz? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/34563-best-tailbone-protection-azzpadz.html)

181 12-20-2010 05:51 PM

Best tailbone protection is? azzpadz?
 
So is it more or less a consensus that Azzpadz are the best tailbone protection? I'm not really concerned with hip or thigh pads, just tailbone protection

To those who wear the azzpadz, what size should I get? I have a 32" waist and I'm 5'11" 175lbs. I Want them to fit snug but provide full protection.

Is there any other product I should look at that uses a hard plastic shell backed by foam?

Tarzanman 12-20-2010 06:18 PM

Yes, the Demon Hardtail shorts

http://www.facewest.co.uk/pp/demon/A...rash-Short.jpg

I think they use a gel instead of a foam pad

slyder 12-20-2010 08:40 PM

I also have azzpadz and I own Skeletools

http://www.skeletools.com/v/vspfiles...SK002-XS-1.jpg

I switch off between both depending on what I am trying to learn. I like both as well, azzpadz are just a little more UN-comfortable on the chair.

-Slyder

Triple8Sol 12-20-2010 08:42 PM

I've been using the R.E.D. total impact shorts the last couple yrs after a tailbone injury. They've worked well so far.

This site shows 360 pics: RED d3o Total Impact Padded Shorts for Men, 2011

181 12-20-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyder (Post 345764)
I also have azzpadz and I own Skeletools

http://www.skeletools.com/v/vspfiles...SK002-XS-1.jpg

I switch off between both depending on what I am trying to learn. I like both as well, azzpadz are just a little more UN-comfortable on the chair.

-Slyder

If you were to say one offered more tailbone protection which would it be? Do they both have hard plastic and foam? Why do you say the asspadz are more uncomfortable? Thanks!!!

slyder 12-20-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 181 (Post 345799)
If you were to say one offered more tailbone protection which would it be? Do they both have hard plastic and foam? Why do you say the asspadz are more uncomfortable? Thanks!!!

Honestly I think they are the same. Skeletools covered more of my arse with a larger pad and thinner plastic. Azzpadz covered a smaller area but had a harder plastic piece.
They both have plastic but as stated above a little different in design.

They Azzpadz aren't uncomfortable to say. They have a large plastic piece and it makes it a bit uncomfortable on the chair lift. It sometimes shifts around while on the lift. The skeletools use compression shorts that the pads slide into. I bought extra pads and depending on my day I double them up.

Either one would work great, like I mentioned before I still use both.
Everyday riding Azzpadz
New tricks Skeletools

Not sure I helped but my thoughts non-the-less.
-Slyder

slyder 12-21-2010 06:06 AM

If I get some free time I'll try to snap a few pics of the 2 for comparison reasons.

-Slyder

181 12-21-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyder (Post 345940)
If I get some free time I'll try to snap a few pics of the 2 for comparison reasons.

-Slyder

That would be great. Thanks a bunch man.

neednsnow 12-21-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 181 (Post 345683)
So is it more or less a consensus that Azzpadz are the best tailbone protection?

The best protection is not falling! :cheeky4:

ev13wt 12-21-2010 02:27 PM

Hands down the best protection gear is Dianese.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2