HELP...looking for a cable to my helmet with mute button - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Default HELP...looking for a cable to my helmet with mute button

I bought a HEAD helmet last year with the integrated speakers in the earpads. Its awesome but in order to change songs, volume, or mute I have to take my gloves off to go in my jacket to hit mute when my friends are trying to talk. I have been searching for a cable that connects to my ipod like Skull candy's and the RED helmets that have those kind of chords but I guess you cant just buy the chord... or can I??? Does anyone have an answer or am I going to have to buy the whole speaker set-up to get the chord with mute and volume control. That wouldn't be a big deal as they are only like $35, but I dont know if they will fit into my helmet. HELP, im heading out west in a week from FL and haven't thought about it until now.
G8rplr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,430
Default

I have been looking around on the web. Which cord are you looking for? If you just need the cord that controls the ipod, then you can get those at a lot of place. Do a google search for 'ipod control cable'. Make sure you get one with a male or female headphone plug/jack end so that you can still plug it into the speakers in your helmet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rplr92 View Post
I bought a HEAD helmet last year with the integrated speakers in the earpads. Its awesome but in order to change songs, volume, or mute I have to take my gloves off to go in my jacket to hit mute when my friends are trying to talk. I have been searching for a cable that connects to my ipod like Skull candy's and the RED helmets that have those kind of chords but I guess you cant just buy the chord... or can I??? Does anyone have an answer or am I going to have to buy the whole speaker set-up to get the chord with mute and volume control. That wouldn't be a big deal as they are only like $35, but I dont know if they will fit into my helmet. HELP, im heading out west in a week from FL and haven't thought about it until now.
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I ended up buying a Scosche Tapline control adapter.
G8rplr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
Default

Anyone know where I can get the cable that goes from the IPOD to a helmet? My helmet has the built-in speakers and the cable should have a volume/mute button on it. The original one that I had is the Skullcandy control. Thanks.
raj0194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Amazon.com: iLuv iEA15BLK iPod Remote with Third-party Headphones Adapter for VoiceOver (Black): Electronics

No mute button but it has volume buttons. I figure you can just turn the volume down fast when your friends trying to talk. Can be use with any headphones, helmet etc of your choice.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
Default

Thanks Warlord but I need 2 male ends. 1 to plug into the IPOD and 1 to plug into the built-in speakers on the helmet.
raj0194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj0194 View Post
Anyone know where I can get the cable that goes from the IPOD to a helmet? My helmet has the built-in speakers and the cable should have a volume/mute button on it. The original one that I had is the Skullcandy control. Thanks.
Why cant you buy another Skullcandy cable? I bought one from them that has the volume/mute button, but the speakers are hardwired (they go into speaker compartments in my Sessions jacket collar). But when I was buying the setup they seemed to have lots of options. This shouldn't be a difficult item to find.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
Why cant you buy another Skullcandy cable? I bought one from them that has the volume/mute button, but the speakers are hardwired (they go into speaker compartments in my Sessions jacket collar). But when I was buying the setup they seemed to have lots of options. This shouldn't be a difficult item to find.


I've looked all over for just the cable. If you have a link to where I can purchase it, please post it. I think I've seen the one that you have, they're called drop-ins or something. My speakers are already part of the earpieces, they don't come out. There is an RCA jack in the back of my left earpiece where the cable would plug into, then the cable runs to the volume\mute button and then down to the IPOD, where it plugs into the IPOD.
raj0194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj0194 View Post
I've looked all over for just the cable. If you have a link to where I can purchase it, please post it. I think I've seen the one that you have, they're called drop-ins or something. My speakers are already part of the earpieces, they don't come out. There is an RCA jack in the back of my left earpiece where the cable would plug into, then the cable runs to the volume\mute button and then down to the IPOD, where it plugs into the IPOD.
As much as I hate to recommend going there...have you tried Radio Shack? If you're just looking for an 8mm-to-8mm, they should have 'em pretty cheap. I even bought a split 8mm-to-two 8mm, which might be what you're looking for. And I think there are at least two or three Radio Shacks in every town on the planet.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
As much as I hate to recommend going there...have you tried Radio Shack? If you're just looking for an 8mm-to-8mm, they should have 'em pretty cheap. I even bought a split 8mm-to-two 8mm, which might be what you're looking for. And I think there are at least two or three Radio Shacks in every town on the planet.
Thanks. I went to Radio Shack the other day and they did have a solution but I would have to buy 2 cables. One was an adapter and the other a cable with the volume control on it. It's a solution but was just hoping to avoid the 2 cables for fear of sound quality.
raj0194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums