Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Warmest, Driest, Most Durable glove thread (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/41644-warmest-driest-most-durable-glove-thread.html)

,andreas 10-08-2011 12:57 PM

Warmest, Driest, Most Durable glove thread
 
Pretty much a thread for discussing the best gloves you've owned.

Sudden_Death 10-08-2011 02:48 PM

An old pair of Au Clair Canadian Snowboard Federation mitts, got them in like 98 and they are still going. Minor blowout between the thumb and finger section but it was easily fixed.

vwbrian 10-08-2011 06:47 PM

OR Outdoor Research Mitts.

CheeseForSteeze 10-08-2011 06:55 PM

I've never had any luck with gloves but the ones that performed best were Dakine Titans. They lasted almost an entire season before the stitching blew.

Deviant 10-08-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze (Post 422615)
I've never had any luck with gloves but the ones that performed best were Dakine Titans. They lasted almost an entire season before the stitching blew.

Been using the Titans for around 4 years now. Did have one pair get a cut in them but Dakine took them on warranty, but by far my favorite glove/mitt in 19 years worth of riding.

CheeseForSteeze 10-08-2011 07:21 PM

The LBS is carrying Candy Grind for the first time this season so I'm going to give them a shot with my Level park gloves on backup.

Lstarrasl 10-08-2011 07:38 PM

I wear Burton mittens with removable liners with fingers. I've been riding that style since the mid 90's.

jdang307 10-08-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lstarrasl (Post 422624)
I wear Burton mittens with removable liners with fingers. I've been riding that style since the mid 90's.

What? Not something from the Pacific Northwest? :laugh:

The mittens are an interesting idea. With gloves that actually keep my hands warm I can't use the fingers for shit. For gloves that I can use the fingers they're thin as all hell and my hands freeze.

Lstarrasl 10-08-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 422627)
What? Not something from the Pacific Northwest? :laugh:

The mittens are an interesting idea. With gloves that actually keep my hands warm I can't use the fingers for shit. For gloves that I can use the fingers they're thin as all hell and my hands freeze.

:laugh: Got to go with Burton on these. I've had other gloves like DC...which were crap in wet snow. I soak them every season in scotchbrite to let them last another season. I also use Shoegoo on gloves to give them more life. I swear by them, I would't ride anything else in cold weather. When it's spring I wear a DC park glove if my hands get too warm.

snowklinger 10-09-2011 01:56 AM

Last year I had good success with burton liner gloves // mitt combo. (50 days front range/summit co)

they are a little beat down but will do me ok.. maybe another pair of liners soon...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2