What do you look for in a snowboard hoodie? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would totally buy a technical hoody that does not have a KKK shaped hood and a unicorn print on front.
LuckyRVA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Well, the cotton thing has been beaten to death, so we all know there's that. Then, for me, it needs to zip up a little higher than normal, and a non pointy hood is also good. Thumb holes are great as well. Last but not least, some kind of easy access media or pass pocket.

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
Well, the cotton thing has been beaten to death, so we all know there's that. Then, for me, it needs to zip up a little higher than normal, and a non pointy hood is also good. Thumb holes are great as well. Last but not least, some kind of easy access media or pass pocket.
lol. I like your thinking (check my reply a few posts earlier)
marcdeo is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Irahi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sessions uses some fantastic material for their softshell hoodies. DWR finish with a 10k laminate in an ultra lightweight hoodie is great times, I highly recommend copying that material with extreme prejudice.
Irahi is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Make them long, not large. Use solid colors. Make them with a warm breathable fabric that wicks moisture.
Extremo is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,699
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Make them long, not large. Use solid colors. Make them with a warm breathable fabric that wicks moisture.
yes, long not large. i hate when i get a hoody that barely makes it past my waist yet is about 3 times the width of my body.

the 2 main things id like in a hoodie are lots of pockets and maybe some secret/concealed ones and a good material thats water repellent and moisture wicking.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
i know its a small market but something in a tall size would be amazing and like to 2 above me said, slim and long. personally i would like to see one without a front zipper, just a pull over. however i tend to like things that aren't overly popular lol so maybe just do the opposit.
Justin is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate those long hoodies that are halfway down my thighs. Not everyone is a 18 years old boarder with long hair, 5'11' and 145 lbs. Nothing is worse than a hoodie that hangs lower than your jacket. I'm thinking if you wear your pants around your waist like you are supposed to and not around your knees, you wont need a hoodie that fits like a dress (see thread about gay Snowboarders).... jj

and for god sakes, NO pullover hoodies. Having the option of unzipping a little to let in some fresh air is great. A pullover would eliminate that option.

But that just my opinion.

Last edited by marcdeo; 11-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.
marcdeo is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
 
Sudden_Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa, On
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
I hate those long hoodies that are halfway down my thighs. Not everyone is a 18 years old boarder with long hair, 5'11' and 145 lbs. Nothing is worse than a hoodie that hangs lower than your jacket. I'm thinking if you wear your pants around your waist like you are supposed to and not around your knees, you wont need a hoodie that fits like a dress (see thread about gay Snowboarders).... jj

and for god sakes, NO pullover hoodies. Having the option of unzipping a little to let in some fresh air is great. A pullover would eliminate that option.

But that just my opinion.
A 1/4 zip would be a cool compromise and there aren't any being made that would have those other features so you'd have a fairly unique product on your hands.
Sudden_Death is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,841
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irahi View Post
Sessions uses some fantastic material for their softshell hoodies. DWR finish with a 10k laminate in an ultra lightweight hoodie is great times, I highly recommend copying that material with extreme prejudice.
Pretty much. Sessions softshell hoodies are the shit. Almost perfect. I have two of them. THe only thing I'd change is the elastic material around the cuffs and waist. Snow sticks to that shit like a mother and it's tough to keep ice build up off of it. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty much nailing it.

"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome