Burton Pants - not good at repelling snow? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
stop sitting down when you buckle in. Plus you'll save your pants as sitting down all the time wears out the waterproofing in the arse area.
marcdeo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,615
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Exactly, stop sitting down when you buckle in.
That is the key.

When you get off the chair, find the place where you want to strap in.

Take your front foot, the one strapped in, & push the snow in front of you to create a litter ledge.

This will keep you from sliding when you do your bindings up, You will never sit down to do your bindings up ever again. Unless you choose too.


TT
timmytard is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Exactly, stop sitting down when you buckle in.
That is the key.

When you get off the chair, find the place where you want to strap in.

Take your front foot, the one strapped in, & push the snow in front of you to create a litter ledge.

This will keep you from sliding when you do your bindings up, You will never sit down to do your bindings up ever again. Unless you choose too.


TT
this is what I do, and it works like a BREEZE. (actually I use my one buckled foot to drag snow BACK and then make a ledge - same thing)

brilliant
marcdeo is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the Burton AK hover 3 layer gor-tex pants and i usually don't have that problem.
warlord is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Veteran Member
 
fattrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had a pair of Burton Vent pants for a few seasons. No problems with getting a wet ass in them, and that what when I was learning too, so was ass to ground alot.

They were also one of the most comfortable pants that I have ever worn as well, and the hand pocket lining was.....fabulous to put your hands in...i wish all my pockets were lined with that stuff.

Never Summer SL153 & Atomic Hatchet 159
Burton CO2
Nitro Teams
fattrav is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
I have the Burton AK hover 3 layer gor-tex pants and i usually don't have that problem.
I believe the AK Hover has a Pro Shell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrav View Post
Had a pair of Burton Vent pants for a few seasons. No problems with getting a wet ass in them, and that what when I was learning too, so was ass to ground alot.

They were also one of the most comfortable pants that I have ever worn as well, and the hand pocket lining was.....fabulous to put your hands in...i wish all my pockets were lined with that stuff.
I had the Vent pants last season as well with the same issues. Though with that, I did wash without realizing that I shouldn't. I also tried reapplying the water repellent but didn't really make a difference
andy_d is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
I have the Burton AK hover 3 layer gor-tex pants and i usually don't have that problem.
Not everybody can buy $400 pants

I have Burton Pants, I think they are the white collection pant from 2011. My butt is always dry and snow never seems to stick. I usually just get like $100-$150 pair of pants and just get a new color ever year.
SchultzLS2 is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 03:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i have some burton dryride cargo pants i got for TJ Maxx... lol
I accidently washed them after the first time i took them out but they are still waterproof. only thing is they are shell pants so they run a bit colder than i expected. but i just need to layer more underneath.
spacemanspiff is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Veteran Member
 
fattrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
I had the Vent pants last season as well with the same issues. Though with that, I did wash without realizing that I shouldn't. I also tried reapplying the water repellent but didn't really make a difference
Wow, thats interesting, I washed mine about 4 times a season for two seasons and they still were awesome in the shit weather that we get on hill here. Who knows...

Never Summer SL153 & Atomic Hatchet 159
Burton CO2
Nitro Teams
fattrav is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome