|06-27-2012, 01:01 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2012
New brand of snowboard glove
Im looking to create a new brand of snowboard glove. Right now
I am in the design phase and am looking to have prototypes produced
for testing this coming season.
It would be great if I could get some feedback from this forum, regarding the following glove
1. What was the best value for money glove last season? Why?
2. What new design features would you like to see in a snowboard glove?
3. What are the typical problems with many existing gloves?
4. Do you find clammy/sweaty palms is a problem?
5. Rubber goggle wiper integrated on the side of the index finger or chamois/suede fabric?
6. What price are you prepared to pay for a good quality glove?
|07-18-2012, 12:12 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2010
I'm not sure about number one, but I like the leather gloves that were being produced this season, typical problems are lift line ropes tearing the gloves up, clammy/sweaty palms is never a problem with me, optional; doesn't matter to me really, 40-70.
|07-18-2012, 06:35 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
1. What was the best value for money glove last season? Why? - POW GORE-TEX MITTS I WORE LAST SEASON. GOT 'EM FOR $65
2. What new design features would you like to see in a snowboard glove? I'M A SIMPLE GUY, JUST KEEP MY HANDS WARM AND DRY
3. What are the typical problems with many existing gloves? FALLING APART AT THE SEAMS
4. Do you find clammy/sweaty palms is a problem? NOT REALLY, MY HANDS RUN HOT, I NORMALLY TAKE MY GLOVES OFF ON THE LIFT, UNLESS IT'S SUPER COLD OUT.
5. Rubber goggle wiper integrated on the side of the index finger or chamois/suede fabric? MY POW GLOVES HAVE THE RUBBER WINDSHIELD WIPER, THEY DON'T DO A BETTER JOB THAN THE CHAMOIS FABRIC I'VE HAD ON OTHER GLOVES.
6. What price are you prepared to pay for a good quality glove? UP TO $75
|07-18-2012, 10:21 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Drunk with power...er beer.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blog Entries: 176
As general comments, here are things that I have liked and hated about gloves:
1) My current pair of Dakines have a real issue with the liner. It's attached at the wrist, but floats free inside the glove. So if I pull out my hand, the fingers come partly out of the shell. When I try to put the hand back in, I'm faced with forcing the liner back into place, which is surprisingly difficult with cold wet hands. This is a total showstopper, and having experienced this I will NEVER buy another set of gloves that even MIGHT have this problem.
2) Stitching that starts coming unravelled pisses me off. Don't make your shit cheap.
3) I love having a goggle-cleaner on the outside of a thumb.
4) I know some people don't like the wrist straps (so you can take your gloves off and dangle them) but I love those and won't buy gloves that don't have them.
5) I like removable liners, but that's not a showstopper either way.
6) I like long cuffs. Some gloves are just too short. Won't buy them.
7) Waterproofing is more important than insulation, if you have to compromise. Wet insulated gloves are useless.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Mountain Days: 30