Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Why is it so hard to find over 10k for women's pants (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/51134-why-so-hard-find-over-10k.html)

Snowbunnylu 11-13-2012 12:35 PM

Why is it so hard to find over 10k for women's pants
 
I want to ride in any condition but my pants are getting worn out and are only 10k. My jacket is 20k so it's fine in the rain/ wet snow. I've checked some stores and it seems like most of the pants are 5k-10k. I'll probably end up ordering pants but I would pefer to try them on first. Does anyone recommend a pant that they have been using?

david_z 11-13-2012 12:44 PM

101 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowbunnylu (Post 538481)
I want to ride in any condition but my pants are getting worn out and are only 10k. My jacket is 20k so it's fine in the rain/ wet snow. I've checked some stores and it seems like most of the pants are 5k-10k. I'll probably end up ordering pants but I would pefer to try them on first. Does anyone recommend a pant that they have been using?

686 are pretty highly regarded, 10k/15k

686 :: Original Cargo - Short

I've got a pair of these 1.5 seasons on 'em so far 10k/10k

ThirtyTwo Blahzay, Forrest Outerwear ThirtyTwo, Rider Driven Snowboarding

sheepstealer 11-13-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_z (Post 538484)
686 are pretty highly regarded, 10k/15k

686 :: Original Cargo - Short

I've got a pair of these 1.5 seasons on 'em so far 10k/10k

ThirtyTwo Blahzay, Forrest Outerwear ThirtyTwo, Rider Driven Snowboarding

Sign'd on the Blahzay pant. Same deal for me - about 1.5 seasons in mine and they're still going strong. Cool material too - its fabric-like but its not absorbent, so you stay dry. I'm 5'10" 170 lbs and I have mediums - they fit great. Baggy, but not overly so.

david_z 11-13-2012 01:13 PM

101 Attachment(s)
crap I didn't realize this was about women's pants...
  • 686 makes their cargos in women's sizes.
  • Bonfire will have some stuff like the Radiant pant (15k/10k).
  • Ride's got two pair in the 15k/10k.
  • I'm sure (without looking) that Bu
    rton has stuff that is plenty waterproof for ya.

lonerider 11-13-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowbunnylu (Post 538481)
I want to ride in any condition but my pants are getting worn out and are only 10k. My jacket is 20k so it's fine in the rain/ wet snow. I've checked some stores and it seems like most of the pants are 5k-10k. I'll probably end up ordering pants but I would pefer to try them on first. Does anyone recommend a pant that they have been using?

Why not get a pair of pants with Goretex? Gore never posts their actually waterproof numbers, but it is supposedly over 25k. My wife was kind of dragged into this whole snowboarding thing (she absolutely detests being cold/wet... doesn't even like weather less than 60F). So I got her a pair of Arcteryx Theta SV bib pants a few years ago. Pricey (I got them 40% off) but keeps her dry and comfortable. I figure you can pay one of two way... now at the "store"... or on the mountain in "pain an suffering" (or in my case... secondhand pain and suffering :))

I<3snowp0rn 11-13-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowbunnylu (Post 538481)
I want to ride in any condition but my pants are getting worn out and are only 10k. My jacket is 20k so it's fine in the rain/ wet snow. I've checked some stores and it seems like most of the pants are 5k-10k. I'll probably end up ordering pants but I would pefer to try them on first. Does anyone recommend a pant that they have been using?

How many days to put in a season? Sometimes it's not the waterproof-ness that's the issue, but the construction.

Doesn't Burton AK have some women specific stuff?

Airblaster? I believe Volcom also has high waterproof rating. Northface as well.

mixie 11-13-2012 01:52 PM

oakley makes nice stuff for women. Runs big. check the vault!

Women's Discount Oakley Pants &mdash; Oakley Vault

Snowbunnylu 11-13-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I<3snowp0rn (Post 538511)
How many days to put in a season? Sometimes it's not the waterproof-ness that's the issue, but the construction.

Doesn't Burton AK have some women specific stuff?

Airblaster? I believe Volcom also has high waterproof rating. Northface as well.


Around 60 days, so I really need something that will hold up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2