Contour + 2 cameras DEFECTIVE AUDIO - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
Glad to hear! So there's hope. Lol. Still waiting on my original POS to get more in.
good luck!!!
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Default

Got My replacement (almost 3 months)
Guy at distributor said I am person #7 with this problem.

went home. Charged the new camera.
same shit.

so there you have it. The audio is SLIGHTLY better, but my iPhone (and almost every other video I have seen from previous Contour models and every other GoPro) is FAAAARRRR better.

So if you don't mind audio that sounds like you're talking through a wall, grab the contour. If you are a person who feels that spending 500+ on a fucking camera should at the very least produce decent audio - go with ANY other camera.

still undecided as to what I'm going to do....
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,418
Default

Don't take this the wrong way but did you adjust the volume on the Contour docking software? My roam had a mic gain adjustment. I run it at about 45/50 and it works fine... Lots of wind noise while boarding but it works.

Latest firmware on it of course.

Actually I sold my roam in the fall because the Roam 2 and Plus 2 were coming out, going to wait a bit for prices to drop and then buy one again. I used it snowboarding, snorkelling, etc. it was a good camera.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mikeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but did you adjust the volume on the Contour docking software? My roam had a mic gain adjustment. I run it at about 45/50 and it works fine... Lots of wind noise while boarding but it works.

Latest firmware on it of course.

Actually I sold my roam in the fall because the Roam 2 and Plus 2 were coming out, going to wait a bit for prices to drop and then buy one again. I used it snowboarding, snorkelling, etc. it was a good camera.
Just got the roam2 for christmas, sounded a little muffled for the first couple test videos, adjusted the mic sensativity and it sounds great now.
mikeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Default

Yeah I've adjusted the mic input to almost every imaginable option and trouble shot with the guys from contour when it happened on the FIRST camera I bought. It's loud enough but sounds dull and muffled. I'm not picky, I don't expect Dolby surround, just audio that doesn't sound like I'm talking to someone through a Motel wall.

FYI - there are even MORE people with this problem, at least another 3 on their website complaining of the exact same thing.

They stated they will be sending me a THIRD camera that they will test first. I will keep you all updated. In the meantime, purchase wisely....

Bought the first one October 15
Got my replacement THE DAY IT WAS MADE available at the Canadian distributor (literally drove there) last week. that's 2 months later.
and here I am again. awesome.
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
Got My replacement (almost 3 months)
Guy at distributor said I am person #7 with this problem.

went home. Charged the new camera.
same shit.

so there you have it. The audio is SLIGHTLY better, but my iPhone (and almost every other video I have seen from previous Contour models and every other GoPro) is FAAAARRRR better.

So if you don't mind audio that sounds like you're talking through a wall, grab the contour. If you are a person who feels that spending 500+ on a fucking camera should at the very least produce decent audio - go with ANY other camera.

still undecided as to what I'm going to do....
Why $500 +?
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 186
Default

It's $449 CDN plus tax


FYI Gizmodo just reviewed the camera again - what do they say? - terrible mic.

Looks like it might not be an error. Just a shitty mic build.
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,485
Default

I got the ROAM2 3 days ago and seems to be working very well...I posted a video...


Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
It's $449 CDN plus tax


FYI Gizmodo just reviewed the camera again - what do they say? - terrible mic.

Looks like it might not be an error. Just a shitty mic build.
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
It's $449 CDN plus tax
'jou got ripped off mang...

Contour ContourPLUS 2 HD Waterproof Camera

I've bought most of my gear from them lately (Garmin GPS watch, Contour, mounts, etc.) it does help they're local to me though, and I only pay GST.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Just picked up the Contour +2 for the GPS feature (I currently own the Contour 1080HD) and I'd have to say the sound is noticeably muffled compared to the 1080HD. I do like that they offer an external mic jack. But the mics I've seen so far run around $200.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums