Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Anyone know of a site that sells Smith I/OX replacement lenses? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/51661-anyone-know-site-sells-smith-i.html)

Tropical 11-28-2012 03:40 AM

Anyone know of a site that sells Smith I/OX replacement lenses?
 
I've recently bought a Smith I/OX goggles from Amazon. Sweet looking thing, feels great too.

Only one problem. Black frame was suppose to come with the Ignitor lens and the Blue sensor mirror lens. What I got instead are Ignitor Lens and and RC36 Lens.

What the heck am I suppose to do with a pair of lens that are almost similar in VLT? So long story short. I need to buy a replacement sensor mirror lens, be it gold, blue or red so that I can use my Smith I/OX in dim light.

Google not helping me here. Using keyword of Smith I/OX replacement lenses get me sites selling goggles and not the lens. Smith Optics itself is out of stock. Pro-lens block me from entering since my IP is showing me to be from Singapore.

Nuts, outta options here. Any help guys?

hktrdr 11-28-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical (Post 544529)
I've recently bought a Smith I/OX goggles from Amazon. Sweet looking thing, feels great too.

Only one problem. Black frame was suppose to come with the Ignitor lens and the Blue sensor mirror lens. What I got instead are Ignitor Lens and and RC36 Lens.

What the heck am I suppose to do with a pair of lens that are almost similar in VLT? So long story short. I need to buy a replacement sensor mirror lens, be it gold, blue or red so that I can use my Smith I/OX in dim light.

Google not helping me here. Using keyword of Smith I/OX replacement lenses get me sites selling goggles and not the lens. Smith Optics itself is out of stock. Pro-lens block me from entering since my IP is showing me to be from Singapore.

Nuts, outta options here. Any help guys?

Have a look at eBay.com, it is an online auction site where companies sell all kinds of things. Has a search box close to the top of the page and if you type in "Smith I/O Replacement Lens", you get this. Includes several sellers that ship internationally/worldwide.

Tropical 11-28-2012 04:51 AM

I/OX lens are the same as I/O?

They are interchangeable? I/O lens can be used in I/OX frames?

I did try ebay and I discarded them because I thought they are not interchangeable.

Ok, thanks for the info.

hktrdr 11-28-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical (Post 544534)
I/OX lens are the same as I/O?

They are interchangeable? I/O lens can be used in I/OX frames?

I did try ebay and I discarded them because I thought they are not interchangeable.

Ok, thanks for the info.

No, my bad - I missed the X in your original post. Pretty sure I have seen the IOX lenses on eBay as well, but right now it is only the complete Googles.
Keep an eBay search and also drop an email to Smith customer service.

hktrdr 11-28-2012 05:18 AM

These guys list the replacement lenses, but say they are out of stock. However, they will email you when the lenses are back in stock.

Tropical 11-28-2012 05:22 AM

Ah thanks. I will keep an eye out on that site.

Also, guess I will have to drop an email to smith customer service and wait.

Amazon I've tried that too, no go.

LOL, have anyone tried snowboarding at night with ignitor lens or RC36 lens?

stunt66 11-29-2012 02:52 PM

I've been using my io's for 2 years now and i only ever use the mirrored lens. We get some nasty overcast days and in our group the lens range from the basic amber oakleys to some dark black electrics and every single person complains that they can't see.

wrathfuldeity 12-02-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stunt66 (Post 545179)
We get some nasty overcast days and in our group the lens range from the basic amber oakleys to some dark black electrics and every single person complains that they can't see.

duh...use blue sensor mirrors

OP, many brands did a more limited production run, reduced material availability and shipping issues have coincided to have very limited availablity at this time in the season. This year, the smart person would have placed an order or bought in Aug/Sept. My main shop said they were only able to get their pre order inventory, doubt they could get more and some item were just sold out at the distributor level. My daughter is still waiting for some stuff she ordered in Aug/Sept and they noted that they are not shipping til mid dec. Her smith proform even took awhile to arrive.

Tropical 12-02-2012 09:06 AM

I understand what you mean, wrathfuldeity. Everything seems to be limited in stock. I hope your daughter's stuff arrive soon.

Anyway, I got lucky at Smith optics website. They restocked on red sensor mirrors, platinum lens and ignitor lens. I'm going to order a red sensor from them.

binarypie 12-02-2012 10:01 AM

Even smithoptics.com doesn't have them in stock. :eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2