Azzpad or Skeletools - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Im really looking for tailbone protection for now, later on when i start going to the park though would it be in my better interest to get the skeletool considering i can add pads to it and it has them all over? Is it really bulky? Do I need all the other pads?
I used to own both, but now I only wear the Azzpadz as they are less restrictive (at the tradeoff of hip/thigh protection) I did sew on extra d30 inserts to protect my hips a little (also glued a d3o pad right on the tailbone).

Both will give you excellent tailbone protection. If you are still out of control and liable to crash in any position (or into rails), then go skeletools.

I'm 5'9 150 lbs... but when I started wearing these pads I was only 140 lbs (most gained in upper body).

Both fit a skinnier person fine. Only the skeletools has removable pads when you machine wash it (I hand wash the azzpadz just by soaking it in the sink in some woolite/oxyclean).
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BK NYC
Posts: 284
Default

ive always been torn between the two. I remember someone saying the azzpad felt like sitting on a booster seat on the lift lol
eli783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 2,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
why is it that you use the azzpad more?
I can remove them when ever I want. If I'm just hitting groomers they just unclip. The skeletools are a bit tight. I bought large and I'm not a big guy. I think they run a bit on the small side. Plus if I double up the pads they get more snug from more padding which makes sense.

I do like them more for the hip padding though. When I work on my spins I use the skeletools.

Plus the Azzpadz just have a bit better tailbone "coverage area" and a bit better hard plastic shell.

Hope this helped
__________________
Thanks
-Slyder
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Nike Adult Pro Combat Hyperstrong 3/4 Girdle - Dick's Sporting Goods

How about something like this? At least with these i can go check them out at the store
tony477g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Nike Adult Pro Combat Hyperstrong 3/4 Girdle - Dick's Sporting Goods

How about something like this? At least with these i can go check them out at the store
No... that is designed for football (where hip and thigh impacts are more common) and has a lot less tailbone protection than what you would need for snowboarding.

Just buy a pair of Azzpadz from XSportsProtective or AllSportsProtection, both have like 30-day return policy (Skeletools return policy isn't very good, 7 days and there is a 15% restocking fee).
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Skeletools impact shorts.wmv - YouTube!

Even the tailbone protector doesnt look that great though
tony477g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Skeletools impact shorts.wmv - YouTube!

Even the tailbone protector doesnt look that great though
How so? It is a large sheet of half inch of dense foam rubber (you probably don't realize how dense the padding is) with a hard plastic laminate over that. That is about as protective as you can get for the tailbone. I agree it isn't shaped the best for comfort though (hence why I use the Azzpad now).

The football one you linked to only has little quarter inch little soft foam nubs (more around the edge to try to deflect the impact a tiny bit)... because football players typically play on a relatively soft grassy field and rarely land on their tailbone. I doubt it will protect you much if you slipped out on your edge on a icy patch and slammed straight onto your tailbone. The link you had doesn't have a good photo of the tailbone... here is another link



http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...19/pgid-544583

Last edited by lonerider; 12-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
How so? It is a large sheet of half inch of dense foam rubber (you probably don't realize how dense the padding is) with a hard plastic laminate over that. That is about as protective as you can get for the tailbone. I agree it isn't shaped the best for comfort though (hence why I use the Azzpad now).

The football one you linked to only has little quarter inch little soft foam nubs (more around the edge to try to deflect the impact a tiny bit)... because football players typically play on a relatively soft grassy field and rarely land on their tailbone. I doubt it will protect you much if you slipped out on your edge on a icy patch and slammed straight onto your tailbone. The link you had doesn't have a good photo of the tailbone... here is another link



Nike Store. Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong Men's Football Shorts
Yikes you're definitely right! azzpad it is then
tony477g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums