Helment with Smith I/O goggles - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chandler789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Helment with Smith I/O goggles

I was wondering if anyone has t he Smith I/O goggles, and is currently using them with a helmet other then the vantage helmet. I am looking for a match that will be most comfortable/ fit the wider goggles...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Not a moderator pal, Im an Admin. I handle technical aspects of the forum. The mods are the E police here. I am just a tech guy so get off your lecturing high horse about "my repsonsibilities as a moderator" your`e barking up the wrong tree......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chandler789 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Senior Member
 
judoant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my buddy has them with the Giro G10. It looks good. No gap
judoant is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 AM
Senior Member
 
TorpedoVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use them with a Red Mutiny and they seem fine... Just take them to the store with you and try on some helmets
TorpedoVegas is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Senior Member
 
qwezxc12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I/Os fit fine with my Smith Maze helmet. So did Phenoms.
qwezxc12 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chandler789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I use them with a Red Mutiny and they seem fine... Just take them to the store with you and try on some helmets
I reside in Birmingham, AL so there are limited store options unfortunately...

--

I know all the Smith Helmets will work quite well, I just went ahead and bought a Vantage and a Voyage for my girl friend. She needs goggles though, any suggestion minus buying another pair of the I/Os?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Not a moderator pal, Im an Admin. I handle technical aspects of the forum. The mods are the E police here. I am just a tech guy so get off your lecturing high horse about "my repsonsibilities as a moderator" your`e barking up the wrong tree......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chandler789 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler789 View Post
I reside in Birmingham, AL so there are limited store options unfortunately...

--

I know all the Smith Helmets will work quite well, I just went ahead and bought a Vantage and a Voyage for my girl friend. She needs goggles though, any suggestion minus buying another pair of the I/Os?
She should really try a bunch on herself to make sure that they fit properly without huge gaps (people have different face contours).

If you want to stay with smith, then the Phenoms or Virtues are worth a look.

If I were to buy two different goggles than the two that I already have (I/O, Phenom) then I would probably get some Oakley Splice and Anon Hawkeye.

Do you ever make it up to Atlanta ? Believe it or not, we have a pretty decent snow gear selection.

Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,311
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Should fit fine with any\all Smith helmets

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chandler789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
She should really try a bunch on herself to make sure that they fit properly without huge gaps (people have different face contours).

If you want to stay with smith, then the Phenoms or Virtues are worth a look.

If I were to buy two different goggles than the two that I already have (I/O, Phenom) then I would probably get some Oakley Splice and Anon Hawkeye.

Do you ever make it up to Atlanta ? Believe it or not, we have a pretty decent snow gear selection.
I only go to Atlanta about two or three times a year. I will keep that in mind next time I am in town. Is it much more pricey then online?

I realize she should be trying them on, but she is on her way to Florida until right about Christmas, so there is not much time. She had been putting it off and now I am just 'gifting' her the items.

Thanks for the recommendations though, I appreciate it!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Not a moderator pal, Im an Admin. I handle technical aspects of the forum. The mods are the E police here. I am just a tech guy so get off your lecturing high horse about "my repsonsibilities as a moderator" your`e barking up the wrong tree......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chandler789 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Treegreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler789 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has t he Smith I/O goggles, and is currently using them with a helmet other then the vantage helmet. I am looking for a match that will be most comfortable/ fit the wider goggles...
I attached a close up of my I/O with a Red Theory helmet. I think you'll be fine regardless of what helmet you get, but you need to keep in mind that if it's not a smith you may need the helmet helper since the I/O and I/OS straps can be short. I can take a picture of what my goggles look like with that strap if you want to see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg io-red.jpg (62.3 KB, 104 views)
Treegreen is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have smith i/o and a Bern Helmet. It's the female version of the Bern Watts.

the fit is fine. No gap. but it looks lame like all helmets.

if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger

Last edited by mixie; 12-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.
mixie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome