Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   New Goggles! Airbrake? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/52665-new-goggles-airbrake.html)

Nerozor 12-26-2012 11:00 AM

New Goggles! Airbrake?
 
Hey guys!

Ive had some Oakley Crowbars for the last years and love them so much.
But Id like to try something new, and the airbrakes lense changing feature seems really nice, but... They are a bit pricey. Are they worth it or should I get something else? Id prefer some with similar fit as the crowbars.

Thanks
Best Regards Feddy

kaipirinha81 12-26-2012 11:25 AM

Regarding the FIT I think Crowbar's, Splice and airbrakes are identical, I have the splice and I am very happy, it's large in the nose zone in order to avoid nose pressure by the frame (very comfortable). Regarding the airbrakes Never tested but in my opinion they must be similar to splice with the exception of the change lens, however regarding the price of the lens I don't know if it is good idea $$$ to buy only the lens, you give a few estra $$ and you have an entire goggle.
Best regards

hktrdr 12-27-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerozor (Post 557052)
Hey guys!

Ive had some Oakley Crowbars for the last years and love them so much.
But Id like to try something new, and the airbrakes lense changing feature seems really nice, but... They are a bit pricey. Are they worth it or should I get something else? Id prefer some with similar fit as the crowbars.

Thanks
Best Regards Feddy

Airbreaks are for significantly larger faces than the Crowbars. Crowbars fit me pretty well, but with the Airbrakes I can get a finger between the goggle and my temple on both sides (at the same time) - definitely way bigger.

Nerozor 12-27-2012 10:44 AM

Oh, I talked with dogfunk yesterday and they claim that the crowbars, splices and these are all same fit...

hktrdr 12-27-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerozor (Post 557582)
Oh, I talked with dogfunk yesterday and they claim that the crowbars, splices and these are all same fit...

Absolutely not. Even Oakley itself tells you so: Crowbars are designed for medium faces, Airbrakes for medium to large ones. I own both and the difference is considerable.

Nerozor 12-27-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 557613)
Absolutely not. Even Oakley itself tells you so: Crowbars are designed for medium faces, Airbrakes for medium to large ones. I own both and the difference is considerable.

Do you know if its any measurment guides?
Crowbars fit me very comfy.

hktrdr 12-27-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerozor (Post 557628)
Do you know if its any measurment guides?
Crowbars fit me very comfy.

What do you mean by 'measurement guides'?

As I said, Crowbars fit me very well, too. Airbrakes are at least 1/2" wider on each side, possibly more than that.

Nerozor 12-27-2012 12:32 PM

Is there any sizing chart so I can see if my face is wide enough for them? :P

extra0 12-27-2012 02:05 PM

:rolleyes: lol

I've been trying on a ton of goggles lately and can confirm: if a google is made for medium-large faces, it's going to be significantly larger that gogs made for just medium faces.

I'd take hktrdr's advice and move on to something else made for just medium faces...or you're gonna waste a lot of time with nothing much to show for it

Nerozor 12-27-2012 02:14 PM

Which other goggles is it easy to change lens on that fits medium face?

EDIT: Anyone who own them who could measure them from side - side with the foam?
Thx


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2