Know of a good "over" mitten with wrist leashes? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebelch109 View Post
These have a safety leash and a safety clip, are gore tex and have great long gauntlets (to go over your jacket) and come with liners. pretty dang cheap too and bloody warm!

On Sale Burton Gore-Tex Mittens True Black up to 40% off

dont mean to piss on your chips mate but if he's after price and box ticking here...obviously we cant compare warmth but im plenty toasty, your ones look fantastic too...spoilt for choice!
No idea what you just said!
kenshapiro2002 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London - UK
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah poorly written my bad. dont drink and type,

box ticking = fits all his criteria. which they both do, my suggestion being cheaper though.

He has so many good options to choose from he's 'Spoilt for choice' its a british saying. doesn't translate? maybe i should stop and edit my post tomorrow
smokebelch109 is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebelch109 View Post
yeah poorly written my bad. dont drink and type,

box ticking = fits all his criteria. which they both do, my suggestion being cheaper though.

He has so many good options to choose from he's 'Spoilt for choice' its a british saying. doesn't translate? maybe i should stop and edit my post tomorrow
Gotcha...makes sense...just didn't get the colloquial stuff.
kenshapiro2002 is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Voila'

Search over...thanks guys. After all of your input, I was down to three mittens:

Dakine Legacy $60
Sway X-Change $94
Burton Gore Tex $70

Just grabbed a pair of brand new Dakine Legacy's on eBay for $31

Ken
kenshapiro2002 is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A lot of these gloves are very similar - Dakine, Burton, North Face, etc. all have/had them in various color schemes, either as finger gloves or mittens or both. They all come from the same manufacturer/sourcing company in China.

Pretty decent gloves/mittens actually. Not the longest lasting, but pretty decent quality overall. Enough insulation for the milder days and when it gets colder you can wear the liners inside them. Gauntlet is nice and long enough to keep the pow out. Good thing about GoreTex is that even if the liners (which are normally not water or wind proof) get wet, the moisture will evaporate through the breathable GoreTex layer.
hktrdr is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Member
 
deeppowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
A lot of these gloves are very similar - Dakine, Burton, North Face, etc. all have/had them in various color schemes, either as finger gloves or mittens or both. They all come from the same manufacturer/sourcing company in China.

Pretty decent gloves/mittens actually. Not the longest lasting, but pretty decent quality overall. Enough insulation for the milder days and when it gets colder you can wear the liners inside them. Gauntlet is nice and long enough to keep the pow out. Good thing about GoreTex is that even if the liners (which are normally not water or wind proof) get wet, the moisture will evaporate through the breathable GoreTex layer.

From my experience the GoreTex stuff isn't very breathable, there are other materials that are just as waterproof but more breathable.
deeppowder is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
SHREDDER97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hestra heli mitt. Hands down best glove iv'e ever worn.
SHREDDER97 is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDDER97 View Post
Hestra heli mitt. Hands down best glove iv'e ever worn.
We're gonna need a list of every mitt you've ever worn.
kenshapiro2002 is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up a nice pair of Swany toasters - no leashes but they have a zip on the side so you can release your fingers. No need to take the mitts off.
mikez is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikez View Post
I picked up a nice pair of Swany toasters - no leashes but they have a zip on the side so you can release your fingers. No need to take the mitts off.
Zip on the side seems to be an infraction into insulation, also letting the heat out when you do answer the phone. No?
kenshapiro2002 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome