Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Asian fit goggles in Canada (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/54553-asian-fit-goggles-canada.html)

Consonantal 01-14-2013 02:45 AM

Asian fit goggles in Canada
 
Just last year I received a pair of smith IO's as gift and wow, I don't think I'll ever drop 200 bucks for a pair of goggles but I can understand now why some people do it.

Problem is that their nose piece is hugely exaggerated for nose bridges. In all my asian-ness, I can actually get a finger in between my nose and the goggle at that point. It's a miracle that it doesn't fog up but it doesn't hold my facemask up too well and if I'm breathing really hard, I catch a glimpse of fog just creeping up the middle.

I've been browsing around local stores looking for Oakley's asian fit goggles and can't seem to find any.

I am in greater Vancouver so if any of you know where I can test those goggles out or even recommend something that would work for my situation that would be great.

PS What is the difference between Oakley crowbars and splices? As far as I know, splices fit better for wider faces?

Tropical 01-14-2013 03:07 AM

I had the same problem with my I/OX. I just solve it by cutting out a sponge, customize a lowered nose bridge and sticking it on the needed area of the goggles.

Cheap solution! :D:D:D

Consonantal 01-14-2013 03:40 AM

Cheap solution for a rather expensive pair of goggles.....why spend a fortune on high end goggles only to have them not fit comfortably?

Basti 01-14-2013 04:13 AM

Well-fitting goggles are important. If they slip in a bad situation and you can't see anything, that can get ugly.

There are loads of stores where you can try on countless goggles in Vancouver. Got to W4th & Burrard in Kits where you have five good stores on one block (Pacific Boarder, Boardroom (plus outlet), Showcase and West Coast Sports). Find a pair that fits and sell your Smiths on craigslist.

Consonantal 01-14-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basti (Post 578425)
Well-fitting goggles are important. If they slip in a bad situation and you can't see anything, that can get ugly.

There are loads of stores where you can try on countless goggles in Vancouver. Got to W4th & Burrard in Kits where you have five good stores on one block (Pacific Boarder, Boardroom (plus outlet), Showcase and West Coast Sports). Find a pair that fits and sell your Smiths on craigslist.

Yeah, W4th is like snowsports central and 90% of vancouver probably gets their stuff there. It's when I didn't find the asian fit styled Oakleys that I came here for help. (those are the particular ones I want to try on, but I'm up for recommendations)

I tried other chain stores like Sport Chek and MEC with no luck and I was hoping that someone would know some random small niche store that had them. I like supporting small businesses anyways :P


(HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT W4TH IF YOURE IN GERMANY?!!? O.O)

Basti 01-14-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consonantal (Post 578489)
Yeah, W4th is like snowsports central and 90% of vancouver probably gets their stuff there. It's when I didn't find the asian fit styled Oakleys that I came here for help. (those are the particular ones I want to try on, but I'm up for recommendations)

I tried other chain stores like Sport Chek and MEC with no luck and I was hoping that someone would know some random small niche store that had them. I like supporting small businesses anyways :P


(HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT W4TH IF YOURE IN GERMANY?!!? O.O)

I used to live in Kits for a year, that's how I know ;)

Are you completely set on Asian fit Oakleys? Oakley dealers can surely order them for you, especially in Vancouver where so many Asians live. If you're open for other soultions: have you tried goggles for women? With the wide range of brands and models you can get there I'm sure there's something that fits your face.

Donutz 01-14-2013 08:41 AM

Coastal Riders across from the Guildford Mall has a pretty good selection of, well, everything. Give them a call.

Consonantal 01-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basti (Post 578553)
I used to live in Kits for a year, that's how I know ;)

Are you completely set on Asian fit Oakleys? Oakley dealers can surely order them for you, especially in Vancouver where so many Asians live. If you're open for other soultions: have you tried goggles for women? With the wide range of brands and models you can get there I'm sure there's something that fits your face.

No I'm not set, but I'm very captivated by them. I mean they went out of their way to design a little something for Asians so they've gotta have a good chance of fitting........right? :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donutz (Post 578938)
Coastal Riders across from the Guildford Mall has a pretty good selection of, well, everything. Give them a call.

Nice, thanks for the suggestion. Surrey is a little bit sort of VERY far so I'll leave it as last resort for now.

Triple8Sol 01-15-2013 03:24 AM

If you like the Smiths, they come in Asian for too. Just find them online or have a local shop order them in for you. Dragon, Anon and Von Zipper also make Asian fit goggles.

timmytard 01-15-2013 05:51 AM

Hmmm.....

Where would TT look?

TT


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2