Ninja Suit ??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,346
Default Ninja Suit ???

Thinking about buying an Airblaster Ninja suit. Either merino wool or expedition grade.

Does anyone think they're any good?

Anyone know what size would fit a dude that's 6' 180lbs?
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Master Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Thinking about buying an Airblaster Ninja suit. Either merino wool or expedition grade.

Does anyone think they're any good?

Anyone know what size would fit a dude that's 6' 180lbs?
I have the merino wool ninja suit. No regrets over my purchase. Im 5'11 170-175lbs and I wear a large.
Master Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,125
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Cool concept, but it seems you can only get a full length one with a hood. My buddy has it and seems to love it. The version without a hood seem to only come with shorter legs that cutoff at the calf. I'd want a full-length version but without the hood.
__________________
15 LibTech TRS HP . 15 NS Snowtrooper . 15 NS Ripsaw . 13 Salomon Pow Snake
15 Now Drive . 14 Now Drive
14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shredder View Post
I have the merino wool ninja suit. No regrets over my purchase. Im 5'11 170-175lbs and I wear a large.
Do you think the XL would be too baggy if I sized up? I prefer a loose fit, but not a baggy fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Cool concept, but it seems you can only get a full length one with a hood. My buddy has it and seems to love it. The version without a hood seem to only come with shorter legs that cutoff at the calf. I'd want a full-length version but without the hood.
Yeah I was looking at that myself. I usually wear a hoody when I ride so a hood woulnd't be that big of a deal. But then again, I usually wear a hoody so that would mean 3 hoods now instead of 2. I really like the full body design though.

And the hood-less one doesn't come in expedition.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 843
Blog Entries: 2
Default

the hood is really thin and you can have it under your hoodie (so that it isnt sitting inside the hoodies hood) if you zip the zipper all the way up you can turn it down so it fits like a turtle neck or you can just leave it a little unzipped.
I am 6'2" 210 and the XL is baggy around the waist but fits everywhere else fine (im not a fatty) I also have a L which fits tighter but not to a point where I would complain.

I really like ninja suits....
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nagano, Japan.
Posts: 2,097
Default

You boys any good with a pair of scissors?
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TorpedoVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 394
Default

When it's really cold you'll be loving the hood, under a helmet it's the warmest thing ever.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
lizardboy64rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Default

You should buy one. I have been out in -30 weather and was really warm, as my friends had to go inside and warm up.
lizardboy64rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jackson, WY
Posts: 18
Default

Just got home from the hill and lounging in mine now. Love it. I have the regular, no merino or expedition.

I snowboard 5-6 days a week, every week and wear mine almost every time. The hood is bad ass when you need a bit of extra warmth on your face and head. Never gets in the way for me with a hoodie and shell. Next time you eat it in pow or it starts nuking snow down your neck you'll be glad you bought it.

You'll have to wipe backwards when you take a dump. I wear a medium and I'm 5'7 - 170. Fits perfect.
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
snowman55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
Just got home from the hill and lounging in mine now. Love it. I have the regular, no merino or expedition.

I snowboard 5-6 days a week, every week and wear mine almost every time. The hood is bad ass when you need a bit of extra warmth on your face and head. Never gets in the way for me with a hoodie and shell. Next time you eat it in pow or it starts nuking snow down your neck you'll be glad you bought it.

You'll have to wipe backwards when you take a dump. I wear a medium and I'm 5'7 - 170. Fits perfect.
How well does it wick moisture? Any soggy feel from the sweat?
snowman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums