FlexMeter Demon wrist guards?? Or what are "better" wrist guards out there? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Aw3bb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 44
Default

I never wore wrist guards till this season, can't afford to be hurt as far as work goes. Bought a pair of level gloves with biomex. Hated them at first, made myself wear them tho and got used to them, sort of. Rode for 7 hours yesterday and ran into an old riding buddy I hadn't seen in 2 years, we really pushed each other, had numerous bails, a couple pretty nasty ones. Today my right wrist hurts so bad I can hardly lift a gallon of milk with it, but its not broke. I'm sold now. They are a lot less uncomfortable than broken bones.
Aw3bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
SnowMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Coast, BC
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
No.


To the OP, I wear the Flexmeter guards. To me, they offer the best protection of any snowboard wrist guard available. You don't need the double-sided model for snowboarding, but if you really want the extra protection on the palm side, be aware that you will need larger gloves to fit over them. You can also buy the gloves with the (removable) protection built in to avoid this.


I definitely recommend the flexmeters.

I also wear the flexmeter guards (I have the double sided ones).

I take the additional small palm protection off for the snow and put them back on when (ice) skating.

Although I've learnt to pull my arms out of the way when falling back, I am happy with these guards and recommend them.

I can just get them over my xl sized gloves. I don't see many places that sell xxl sized gloves so I stick with the ones I have.

As a sort of 'comfortable' newbie, I can't comment on how bulky they feel as compared to *insert thing here* because I've always worn them.

I like them, and the feeling of protection they give, and the actual protection they give.

Hooray for my first post!
SnowMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
behi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
You're the first person I've come across who didn't like Level gloves..
Then, I guess, I'm the second. I tried Level Half Pipes and the Biomex insert didn't do anything for me. It might have, if it been held properly at the arm, but for me it didn't offer any support against hyperextension.

Level has a ton of different Biomex designs and it's not clear, what they used for their study.

I'm using the double sided Flexmeter now and it does work very well at preventing hyperextension. I have tested it in a nasty wipeout, when I was cut off by a skier and one of my wrists took a very large impact (totally unexpected crash, no time to consciously do the right fall technique). I think, the additional lower part in the double-sided version is helpful in spreading energy and softening impact a bit. It is pretty bulky though, so if you don't have narrow hands, it might be difficult to find gloves that fit over it.

The other nice thing is that you can different gloves, depending on temperatures. I hate warm gloves for spring riding.
behi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw3bb
I never wore wrist guards till this season, can't afford to be hurt as far as work goes. Bought a pair of level gloves with biomex. Hated them at first, made myself wear them tho and got used to them, sort of. Rode for 7 hours yesterday and ran into an old riding buddy I hadn't seen in 2 years, we really pushed each other, had numerous bails, a couple pretty nasty ones. Today my right wrist hurts so bad I can hardly lift a gallon of milk with it, but its not broke. I'm sold now. They are a lot less uncomfortable than broken bones.
The cool thing about the Demon wrist guards (both the Flexmeter and the ones I posted about on page 1) is that after wearing them and taking impact in the park all day, they do not ache or hurt my wrists whatsoever when I take them off later on. My wrists feel completely fine, and they were comfortable to wear since day 1.

So I don't have to say that "pain from wearing them is ok because it's not a painful as a broken wrist", because there literally is no pain from wearing them and they offer just as much protection as the Biomex ones you guys have been talking about. This is what's bothering me here. That you should have to feel pain while riding all day just to protect from even more pain that might be unlikely to happen anyway.

Another good thing is that they've ft fine with all the gloves I've used so far.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal - Bear Mountain
Posts: 484
Default

The first pair of level's I had were uncomfortable around the wrist at first but my current halfpipe mitts feel just like a normal glove, don't really notice the biomex.

The only thing I don't like about these new ones is how much bulkier they've gotten around the wrists. Kind of annoying to stuff the wrist part under my sleeves. Considering cutting the wrist extension off... Other than that, I rode without the liners yesterday and they were much much cooler and thus fine for spring riding. Not ideal, but fine.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 30
Default

I have the Protec IPS wrist guards.. very nice and comfortable.
notfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
The cool thing about the Demon wrist guards (both the Flexmeter and the ones I posted about on page 1) is that after wearing them and taking impact in the park all day, they do not ache or hurt my wrists whatsoever when I take them off later on. My wrists feel completely fine, and they were comfortable to wear since day 1.

So I don't have to say that "pain from wearing them is ok because it's not a painful as a broken wrist", because there literally is no pain from wearing them and they offer just as much protection as the Biomex ones you guys have been talking about. This is what's bothering me here. That you should have to feel pain while riding all day just to protect from even more pain that might be unlikely to happen anyway.

Another good thing is that they've ft fine with all the gloves I've used so far.
That's the point.
I'd rather invest in something good and feel NOTHING when I take them off then feel hurt. If I feel hurt then it's not a good product for me.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

hey guys

ended season very painful, broke my left hand wrist bone in 3 parts also fracture got an operation bone stabled with metal inside, doc said next season i a will be good to go again, only dont know which guards to get, i see ppl in here use Flexmeter and say that level biomex http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xyB0V8tcL2g not good? my brother bought Level biomex http://www.levelgloves.com/biomex.php?recordID=english he is happy with them (we are both from EU) also saw dainese Wrist guards with or without Snowboard Ski gloves: Roller-skating and snowb

p.s doc gave me this guard only as for time being to keep arm steady, but i hope that those are low budget and i need something more effective.

pic 1 my arm xray

pic2 docs given wrist guard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-26 15.05.44.jpg (62.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-26 15.13.47.jpg (59.5 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by aistis; 03-26-2013 at 12:04 PM.
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aistis View Post
hey guys

ended season very painful, broke my left hand wrist bone in 3 parts also fracture got an operation bone stabled with metal inside, doc said next season i a will be good to go again, only dont know which guards to get, i see ppl in here use Flexmeter and say that level biomex http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xyB0V8tcL2g not good? my brother bought Level biomex http://www.levelgloves.com/biomex.php?recordID=english he is happy with them (we are both from EU) also saw dainese Wrist guards with or without Snowboard Ski gloves: Roller-skating and snowb

p.s doc gave me this guard only as for time being to keep arm steady, but i hope that those are low budget and i need something more effective.

pic 1 my arm xray

pic2 docs given wrist guard
Flexmeter, preferably the single-sided one so you can fit it under your gloves easily. I've heard several people (both here and people I know) saying that the Biomex ones are painful to wear. I have a pair of the Demon ones and they're very comfortable, although mine are the Flex guards (page 1) which are smaller but so far have given me just as much protection.

Hope your wrist heels well.
At least it was the end of your snowboarding season; it would have just been depressing if it had happened mid or early-season.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Flexmeter, preferably the single-sided one so you can fit it under your gloves easily. I've heard several people (both here and people I know) saying that the Biomex ones are painful to wear. I have a pair of the Demon ones and they're very comfortable, although mine are the Flex guards (page 1) which are smaller but so far have given me just as much protection.

Hope your wrist heels well.
At least it was the end of your snowboarding season; it would have just been depressing if it had happened mid or early-season.
yes thats true that i ended season and its not happened in a beginning, i think i should look maybe for flexmeter then...maybe even protection in both sides to be safe in 100 %

p.s with flexmeter which gloves i can use?

Last edited by aistis; 03-26-2013 at 04:03 PM.
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums