Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Help preventing snow inside gloves (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/80642-help-preventing-snow-inside-gloves.html)

johnnyt 04-30-2013 09:56 PM

Help preventing snow inside gloves
 
Hey guys, I bought a pair of goretex dakine gloves but by the end of the day my gloves were soaked.. Iam a still beginner so I do fall a bit, but I was wondering if anyone has tackled this problem successfully? (Other than not falling lol).. Will the longer gloves be alot better?

West Baden Iron 04-30-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyt (Post 936650)
Hey guys, I bought a pair of goretex dakine gloves but by the end of the day my gloves were soaked.. Iam a still beginner so I do fall a bit, but I was wondering if anyone has tackled this problem successfully? (Other than not falling lol).. Will the longer gloves be alot better?

Are you sure it's snow and not sweat? I have my fair share of falling but any time I get snow inside my glove I almost always immediately know and take my glove off and shake out the snow. I have a pair of burton gauntlet gloves and rarely get snow in them. However, I'm rarely riding in powder and that may be the reason so my response may be worthless.

Jason

BigmountainVMD 04-30-2013 10:08 PM

Palm sweat... If it is not bitter cold, I will usually take my gloves off on the lift for a bit to air them out...

johnnyt 04-30-2013 10:14 PM

Hey, sweat could be contributing however in my case by mid session I could twist and squeeze heaps of water out..

snowklinger 04-30-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyt (Post 936674)
Hey, sweat could be contributing however in my case by mid session I could twist and squeeze heaps of water out..

How do you even make it thru the parking lot?!

:giggle:

Efilnikufesin 04-30-2013 10:21 PM

Either get some over the jacket sleeve gloves, or put your jacket sleeves over the wrist part of the gloves and then velcro them down.

MarshallV82 04-30-2013 10:33 PM

Mine do fine on cold days with dry snow, they'll get wet sometimes though. I just deal with it. My dashboard is full of damp/wet gloves and face masks on the way home.

Bring an extra set. My cheap ass gloves seem to work just as well as my 75 dollar Burton ones.

Deviant 04-30-2013 11:31 PM

Sounds like snow is getting down by your cuff, if they're too short that you can't pull your jacket over it (and velcro it closed) might want to get gloves with a larger gauntlet. I have a pair of Dakine with Goretex and the gauntlet slides under my cuff fairly easy.

Argo 04-30-2013 11:36 PM

My body runs so hot that I don't really give a shit unless it's under 0F. Then I have everything cinched closed to prevent frost bite anyway so if no air gets in, no snow gets in. I have long gloves that can easily go way over or under the sleeve cuffs. The have wrist straps and cuff straps to pull them tight.

Regular riding days, when its sunny and over 20 I'm spraying snow at myself with vents open just to get the cool down spray...

MochaBeans 05-01-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Baden Iron (Post 936658)
Are you sure it's snow and not sweat? I have my fair share of falling but any time I get snow inside my glove I almost always immediately know and take my glove off and shake out the snow. I have a pair of burton gauntlet gloves and rarely get snow in them. However, I'm rarely riding in powder and that may be the reason so my response may be worthless.

Jason

I shake the snow out as soon as I can too


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2