Drunk with power...er beer.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Without pointing to a particular jacket, these are the things I look for in a jacket. Haven't found one yet with all of them.
- Water ratings (10K/10K, etc)
- Removable liner
- Textured inside lining so that you don't feel like you're wearing a rubber coat.
- Lots of pockets, with good closures, i.e. zippers. Preferably zippers that zip DOWN to close and UP to open.
- Several inside pockets and/or a pocket with the opening along the main zipper.
- key clip inside one or more of the pockets (so your keys stay in there)
- snow/powder skirt
- clips for attaching to snow pants
- detachable face mask
- detachable hood
- zipper that zips down from the top or up from the bottom (more important for males )
- Soft cloth cover on front of collar for when it's zipped up over your face
- Wrist gators
- ipod pocket
Things I don't consider as important:
- Goggle pocket. Never used it.
- Google pocket. Never use my search engine when I'm on the mountain
- Pass holder. The retractable ones break and the Velcro wrist ones are a PITA. Most resorts seem to want you to have your pass easily visible anyway.
Things I've never seen on a jacket that I think would be handy:
- Either a ring somewhere on the outside of the jacket for attaching your pass and cable, OR a zipper tab with a large hole obviously made for the ring.
Coffee is your friend. Everyone else is an acquaintance.
Last edited by Donutz; 09-21-2013 at 04:24 PM.