Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Photography, Video, and Other Media (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/photography-video-other-media/)
-   -   Pond Skim (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/photography-video-other-media/137769-pond-skim.html)

herzogone 04-07-2014 06:32 PM

Pond Skim
 
I know you guys out west and even in northern New England still have plenty of season left, but around here it's pond skim time. After years of watching I finally decided to join in the fun. I dug out an old Halloween costume I had of a blue M&M and joined the fun at my local hill (Wachusett). Former NE Patriot Matt Light was on hand to MC the deal.

Here's my run, it's not great, but went better than I expected for my first time. Although I ran into the cameraman, he laughed it off and high-fived me. :yahoo:



and the full official video:


f00bar 04-07-2014 06:42 PM

At first I was like, wow, the skiers suck, but the ones who did get across really nailed it.

Then the video got to the people dancing at the end and all I could say was, 'oh my god....'

Good job though, next year you'll nail it. You should be an unwrapped baby ruth though.

tokyo_dom 04-07-2014 08:21 PM

Damn I always thought it would be fairly easy - just switch from Snowboard mode to Wakeboard mode when you hit the water... But the amount of slams at the start seem to indicate it is much harder than that... Looks like fun!

andrewdod 04-07-2014 08:42 PM

wow, nice job! waterville pond skied this weekend as well. theyre done. just not enough business for them to be open. despite me getting a huge core shot today... there is plenty of snow there.

Psi-Man 04-08-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewdod (Post 1669217)
wow, nice job! waterville pond skied this weekend as well. theyre done. just not enough business for them to be open. despite me getting a huge core shot today... there is plenty of snow there.

Was there Sunday, snow was good. They nailed me for $75 for a lift ticket second to last day, no wonder they are closing. They gave me a sticker though :rolleyes:

f00bar 04-08-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi-Man (Post 1669778)
Was there Sunday, snow was good. They nailed me for $75 for a lift ticket second to last day, no wonder they are closing. They gave me a sticker though :rolleyes:

that's nuts. Butternut goes down to $25 mid March through the end of the season. Though it's probably an extra 1.5 drive for you.

EatRideSleep 04-08-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herzogone (Post 1668801)
Here's my run, it's not great, but went better than I expected for my first time. Although I ran into the cameraman, he laughed it off and high-fived me. :yahoo:

and the full official video:

Nice, you were one of the few that made it across! And yeah, you did indeed nail the cameraman haha.

In the full vid...the knight coming in all valiantly then eating it few feet in...hilarious!

Pond skimming looks fun; I've been on-hill for a few. But eh I'm not so down with getting soaked in my boots if somehow I didn't make it across :laugh:

poutanen 04-08-2014 10:59 AM

My buddy did the slush cup at Sunshine last year, made it about 1/3rd of the way, and said the water was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING!

I'm debating about trying the Nakiska one this year! I've got some old boots I could wear, I'd rather not soak my good boots. Maybe see if I could find a bright pink one-sy to wear! :yahoo:

edit: The dancing at the end was PRICELESS!!!

EatRideSleep 04-08-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 1670098)
Maybe see if I could find a bright pink one-sy to wear! :yahoo:

Pouts, as...amusing (?) as that would be haha, you so must go as Animal. Come on now :laugh:

And carry drumsticks.

ThredJack 04-08-2014 01:10 PM

Very nice.

Perhaps I should add the pond skim to my list of things for next year....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2