Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Photography, Video, and Other Media (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/photography-video-other-media/)
-   -   2014 Season Edit (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/photography-video-other-media/139713-2014-season-edit.html)

lareaper 05-06-2014 08:09 AM

2014 Season Edit
 
Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while but I recently finished my season edit and I'd like to know what you guys think. All feedback is appreciated, and feel free to check out some of my other antics on my channel!

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWI5...g35QWyWxYX6-Uw

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCollinsherlock

Thanks!

BurtonAvenger 05-06-2014 08:28 AM

1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.

ridinbend 05-06-2014 09:48 AM

97 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 1706713)
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.

Will you make a video of yourself actually saying this and post it so we can all see how fucking badass you really are?

BurtonAvenger 05-06-2014 10:04 AM

Should I do it after I post the video of me skull fucking your mom gently with a chainsaw? I see yet again you have a problem with me which is probably due to the fact you just plainly suck at life.

You people want to see a good end of season edit?

Here.



This is what a good one looks like. Good song choice, good riding, good video quality, and it's on VIMEO. Why is Vimeo better? Youtube degrades your quality and if they see a copyright infringement on the song, guess what, poof gone! No more music.

lareaper 05-06-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 1706713)
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.

I originally had a different song but the video was taken down due to copyrights. I put it on YouTube because I already have lots of viewers and subscribers to my channel. I realize the rail isn't that big but it was the first time I hit a street rail. If you stopped after 24 seconds in, you literally saw me bail on the rail and that's it. How can you claim I have no speed, style or difficulty?

BurtonAvenger 05-06-2014 11:12 AM

Because I watched for a solid minute and just gave up. It's a horrible edit, the length is too long, the editing is bad, the song choice is horrible, it's on YouTube, it's just not that good.

Great you filmed an end of season edit your mom and a few friends might be proud of it and watch it. Hell maybe a random or two on the Internets that doesn't know what a good edit in snowboarding is might watch it. Unfortunately I know what is and isn't good and this is just bad. You want to put it out on a snowboarding forum and ask people what they think be prepared for the truth.

Does this look familiar?

Quote:

I recently finished my season edit and I'd like to know what you guys think. All feedback is appreciated,

chomps1211 05-06-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 1706849)
Because I watched for a solid minute and just gave up. It's a horrible edit, the length is too long, the editing is bad, the song choice is horrible, it's on YouTube, it's just not that good.

Great you filmed an end of season edit your mom and a few friends might be proud of it and watch it. Hell maybe a random or two on the Internets that doesn't know what a good edit in snowboarding is might watch it. Unfortunately I know what is and isn't good and this is just bad. You want to put it out on a snowboarding forum and ask people what they think be prepared for the truth.

Does this look familiar?

I couldn't view the edit as it wont load on my phone so can't comment on it, But,...

You did ask for any and all feedback. :dunno:

The fact that it's not available to view on mobile devices leads me to think it probably is too long. If you want to satisfy yourself as to BA's street cred when it comes to video reviews? You need to click thru on his link and watch just about any sampling of the clips and movies posted on his site. He does this for a living.

BA knows his shit when it comes to just about anything snowboarding and his site and signature should be a dead giveaway as to his lack of concern for "interpersonal" skills or hurt feelings. :dunno: Juss sayin'!

-Edit-
If you were to put aside any knee jerk reaction to having your edit insulted and take his comments as constructive (...if not particularly gentle,) criticism. Use them to make some changes based on those observations? Give the resulting edit an honest re-appraisal? Who knows, you might like it better.


....or not! :dunno:

binarypie 05-06-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 1706713)
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/...418/766870.jpg
















So BA thinks your video sucks. Who cares. Last I checked very few people care about what BA has to say. Not that anyone cares what I have to say either. :D

chomps1211 05-06-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binarypie (Post 1706937)
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/...418/766870.jpg


So BA thinks your video sucks. Who cares. Last I checked very few people care about what BA has to say. Not that anyone cares what I have to say either. :D

1st,... Meme is funny as hell!

2nd,... Good point! It's not like my opinion is any more important to anyone but myself either.

I do however pay attention to BA's gear reviews. As for the videos on his site, my preferences tend towards the Big Mountain POW edits rather than a lot of park or urban riding vids. Even so, I've seen some fukin' awesome park/street edits on his site!

binarypie 05-06-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chomps1211 (Post 1706945)
1st,... Meme is funny as hell!

2nd,... Good point! It's not like my opinion is any more important to anyone but myself either.

I do however pay attention to BA's gear reviews. As for the videos on his site, my preferences tend towards the Big Mountain POW edits rather than a lot of park or urban riding vids. Even so, I've seen some fukin' awesome park/street edits on his site!

BA is the reason I took a chance on the NOW IPO's because his review was good and I couldn't find any actual reviews at the time. Although the straps that came with the IPO sucked (replaced mine with switchback straps).

However, his attitude on the site basically makes it impossible to build the community and he scares off the vast majority of new members. Which generally makes me want to kick him in the face. Although I think he is pretty tall so I might have to jump or use a step ladder or something.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2