2014 Season Edit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lareaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2014 Season Edit

Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while but I recently finished my season edit and I'd like to know what you guys think. All feedback is appreciated, and feel free to check out some of my other antics on my channel!

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWI5...g35QWyWxYX6-Uw

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCollinsherlock

Thanks!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lareaper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.
Will you make a video of yourself actually saying this and post it so we can all see how fucking badass you really are?
ridinbend is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Should I do it after I post the video of me skull fucking your mom gently with a chainsaw? I see yet again you have a problem with me which is probably due to the fact you just plainly suck at life.

You people want to see a good end of season edit?

Here.



This is what a good one looks like. Good song choice, good riding, good video quality, and it's on VIMEO. Why is Vimeo better? Youtube degrades your quality and if they see a copyright infringement on the song, guess what, poof gone! No more music.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lareaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.
I originally had a different song but the video was taken down due to copyrights. I put it on YouTube because I already have lots of viewers and subscribers to my channel. I realize the rail isn't that big but it was the first time I hit a street rail. If you stopped after 24 seconds in, you literally saw me bail on the rail and that's it. How can you claim I have no speed, style or difficulty?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lareaper is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Because I watched for a solid minute and just gave up. It's a horrible edit, the length is too long, the editing is bad, the song choice is horrible, it's on YouTube, it's just not that good.

Great you filmed an end of season edit your mom and a few friends might be proud of it and watch it. Hell maybe a random or two on the Internets that doesn't know what a good edit in snowboarding is might watch it. Unfortunately I know what is and isn't good and this is just bad. You want to put it out on a snowboarding forum and ask people what they think be prepared for the truth.

Does this look familiar?

Quote:
I recently finished my season edit and I'd like to know what you guys think. All feedback is appreciated,


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,192
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Because I watched for a solid minute and just gave up. It's a horrible edit, the length is too long, the editing is bad, the song choice is horrible, it's on YouTube, it's just not that good.

Great you filmed an end of season edit your mom and a few friends might be proud of it and watch it. Hell maybe a random or two on the Internets that doesn't know what a good edit in snowboarding is might watch it. Unfortunately I know what is and isn't good and this is just bad. You want to put it out on a snowboarding forum and ask people what they think be prepared for the truth.

Does this look familiar?
I couldn't view the edit as it wont load on my phone so can't comment on it, But,...

You did ask for any and all feedback.

The fact that it's not available to view on mobile devices leads me to think it probably is too long. If you want to satisfy yourself as to BA's street cred when it comes to video reviews? You need to click thru on his link and watch just about any sampling of the clips and movies posted on his site. He does this for a living.

BA knows his shit when it comes to just about anything snowboarding and his site and signature should be a dead giveaway as to his lack of concern for "interpersonal" skills or hurt feelings. Juss sayin'!

-Edit-
If you were to put aside any knee jerk reaction to having your edit insulted and take his comments as constructive (...if not particularly gentle,) criticism. Use them to make some changes based on those observations? Give the resulting edit an honest re-appraisal? Who knows, you might like it better.


....or not!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chomps1211; 05-06-2014 at 03:28 PM.
chomps1211 is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
binarypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kirkwood, Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
1. Song sucks and is played out MIA's original destroyed it a few years ago and has since been over used.
2. Under no circumstances should anyone that puts out a snowboard edit they want people to see ever put the damn thing on YouTube! VIMEO or DIE!
3.At :24 is that the Fischer Price My First Urban Rail? Seriously man hit something bigger.
4. From here on out I just stopped watching since it's evident you don't understand speed, style, or difficulty.
5. Send it to Yobeats rejected edits.

















So BA thinks your video sucks. Who cares. Last I checked very few people care about what BA has to say. Not that anyone cares what I have to say either.

I am a Vermonter living in California showing the locals how to keep it real!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
binarypie is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,192
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post



So BA thinks your video sucks. Who cares. Last I checked very few people care about what BA has to say. Not that anyone cares what I have to say either.
1st,... Meme is funny as hell!

2nd,... Good point! It's not like my opinion is any more important to anyone but myself either.

I do however pay attention to BA's gear reviews. As for the videos on his site, my preferences tend towards the Big Mountain POW edits rather than a lot of park or urban riding vids. Even so, I've seen some fukin' awesome park/street edits on his site!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
binarypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kirkwood, Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
1st,... Meme is funny as hell!

2nd,... Good point! It's not like my opinion is any more important to anyone but myself either.

I do however pay attention to BA's gear reviews. As for the videos on his site, my preferences tend towards the Big Mountain POW edits rather than a lot of park or urban riding vids. Even so, I've seen some fukin' awesome park/street edits on his site!
BA is the reason I took a chance on the NOW IPO's because his review was good and I couldn't find any actual reviews at the time. Although the straps that came with the IPO sucked (replaced mine with switchback straps).

However, his attitude on the site basically makes it impossible to build the community and he scares off the vast majority of new members. Which generally makes me want to kick him in the face. Although I think he is pretty tall so I might have to jump or use a step ladder or something.

I am a Vermonter living in California showing the locals how to keep it real!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
binarypie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome