GoPro Resolution Preference - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyehave View Post
Nah, its a newer mac display...there was nothing wrong with hardware...after the firmware update it seemed to have improved it quite a bit...I think i'll use 720-60 for action shots, it only makes sense...
Cool good luck and have fun with it, getting the video is only 1\2 the battle editing it on the other hand is the hard and time consuming part!
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyehave View Post
Nah, its not that...ive got 8gbs and I'm running on a 3.06ghz processor....I wouldn't actually call it choppy, but maybe just kind of grainy, not smooth...Im hoping the firmware update fixed that, the 720p just looked cleaner...im gonna do some test vids today, so we will see...
ive got 12gbs of ram with the new intel quad core i7 and it still gets a little choppy for me at times but whenever i finishing editing it comes out smooth. i also updated my firmware right off the bat with the new HD2 so maybe there was something wrong with the video before that.
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
ive got 12gbs of ram with the new intel quad core i7 and it still gets a little choppy for me at times but whenever i finishing editing it comes out smooth. i also updated my firmware right off the bat with the new HD2 so maybe there was something wrong with the video before that.
Possibly because the software hasn't finished rendering the preview yet? That'd be my best guess, which will happen even with 16gbs of ram and a lightning fast processor...
alleyehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,625
Default

no im talking bout when im just watching the raw clips with vlc player, whenever i put it in adobe its never choppy.
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyehave View Post
Nah, its not that...ive got 8gbs and I'm running on a 3.06ghz processor....I wouldn't actually call it choppy, but maybe just kind of grainy, not smooth...Im hoping the firmware update fixed that, the 720p just looked cleaner...im gonna do some test vids today, so we will see...

.....which is helpful but less important than the video hardware on your rig and whether your video player is doing hardware or software decoding.

I have a 5.5 year old laptop which can still play 1080p clips that skip like hell on some newer machines... and itdefinitely doesn't have 8GB or 3.0 GHz
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
no im talking bout when im just watching the raw clips with vlc player, whenever i put it in adobe its never choppy.
VLC does software decoding only, to my knowledge? That will tax your system harder.
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums