Looking for some feeback - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boulder, Co
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright, just put up a huge redesign of shreddedsteeze.com. I'm pretty excited about it. I've made it so that you can like videos multiple times during the video and it shows who liked the videos and at what times. That way you can like peoples tricks.

I also added the ability to upload videos while you're browsing the site, watching videos, etc. so that you don't have to sit there and watch it upload.

That, along with a big redesign to make everything easier to use, makes me pretty excited about it. There are still some rough edges but I wanted to get it out there and test the waters.

Let me know if anyone has any feedback after checking it out!

Thanks a ton.
Todd
thoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoop View Post
I've made it so that you can like videos multiple times during the video and it shows who liked the videos and at what times. That way you can like peoples tricks.

I also added the ability to upload videos while you're browsing the site, watching videos, etc. so that you don't have to sit there and watch it upload.
I have not checked it out yet but those sound like really good enhancements for the user/viewer experience. Me gusta.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
david_z is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It took too long to load, asked me to sign up, and it looks like html circa late 90's. Oh and you're from Boulder. All things that will never get me to support it.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
It took too long to load, asked me to sign up, and it looks like html circa late 90's. Oh and you're from Boulder. All things that will never get me to support it.
I hate being forced to sign up. Almost surefire way to get me to hit the "back" button. This one didn't force me to sign up, yet

The IFRAME/scrollbar in the middle section of the main page is, yeah, circa 1990s. In that middle pane I'd get rid of the first two items so you only would have three elements:

1 - Share Your Videos with Your Friends
2 - Find Spots Near You
3 - Watch the Most Popular Videos

On the page with most popular videos I would prefer either thumbnails (clicking the thumbnail would launch full player) or the ability to filter by category/sport/discipline.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
david_z is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I hate being forced to sign up. Almost surefire way to get me to hit the "back" button. This one didn't force me to sign up, yet

The IFRAME/scrollbar in the middle section of the main page is, yeah, circa 1990s. In that middle pane I'd get rid of the first two items so you only would have three elements:

1 - Share Your Videos with Your Friends
2 - Find Spots Near You
3 - Watch the Most Popular Videos

On the page with most popular videos I would prefer either thumbnails (clicking the thumbnail would launch full player) or the ability to filter by category/sport/discipline.
Once he does that, hes got youtube. I tried to make my own site, but i cant afford the webhost or the time to actually create the web design, and i cant code in html.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boulder, Co
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
It took too long to load, asked me to sign up, and it looks like html circa late 90's. Oh and you're from Boulder. All things that will never get me to support it.
haha harsh!

Quote:
I hate being forced to sign up. Almost surefire way to get me to hit the "back" button. This one didn't force me to sign up, yet

The IFRAME/scrollbar in the middle section of the main page is, yeah, circa 1990s. In that middle pane I'd get rid of the first two items so you only would have three elements:

1 - Share Your Videos with Your Friends
2 - Find Spots Near You
3 - Watch the Most Popular Videos

On the page with most popular videos I would prefer either thumbnails (clicking the thumbnail would launch full player) or the ability to filter by category/sport/discipline.
Thanks david_z! I added filtering by sport. The site never forces you to signup. You can access any part of the site without being signed in. There's just a button on the home page that says "Sign up for free".
thoop is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Once he does that, hes got youtube. I tried to make my own site, but i cant afford the webhost or the time to actually create the web design, and i cant code in html.
All you need is $10 (or even one or two bucks) to buy a domain, a host, and wordpress installed. I can make a simple site in a few minutes.

You're restricted to the wordpress frame which allows some customization but nothing as good as plain HTML coding, but the again I didn't spend years learning HTML.

Hosting can be as low as $3/month.
jdang307 is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
All you need is $10 (or even one or two bucks) to buy a domain, a host, and wordpress installed. I can make a simple site in a few minutes.

You're restricted to the wordpress frame which allows some customization but nothing as good as plain HTML coding, but the again I didn't spend years learning HTML.

Hosting can be as low as $3/month.
hmmmm networksolutions was 12$/year, (my domain name is Lumoscraft)
the webhost was hostgator and that was 8$/month and i had a website design made by a site builder but i would like my touch on it. cant code....
it costed me about 20+- for everything....
blunted_nose is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
hmmmm networksolutions was 12$/year, (my domain name is Lumoscraft)
the webhost was hostgator and that was 8$/month and i had a website design made by a site builder but i would like my touch on it. cant code....
it costed me about 20+- for everything....
Those are just the known names.

There are lots of smaller but good hosts as well.
jdang307 is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
better save then sorry....
blunted_nose is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome