Sponsor Me - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's all who you know blind emails/letters don't really produce results.

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,643
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Keep riding and getting the word out about yourself. Make sure you get a reputation that you're easy to work with.

I don't want to get you down, but you're just not at a major sponsorship level of riding right now. Local shop sponsorship is about where you're at right now. But, that's pretty much where every sponsored rider starts out at, so don't let that discourage you.

"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
It's all who you know blind emails/letters don't really produce results.
I'll bribe them $20 haha
couldn't hurt to try though, managed to work at the beginning of this season too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Keep riding and getting the word out about yourself. Make sure you get a reputation that you're easy to work with.

I don't want to get you down, but you're just not at a major sponsorship level of riding right now. Local shop sponsorship is about where you're at right now. But, that's pretty much where every sponsored rider starts out at, so don't let that discourage you.
I know this. Sending into companies to start getting known though is what i'm doing. I do all of the local competitions (rail jam and stuff) as well as doing nationally ranked competitions (i got 2nd in pipe out in Colorado at the beginning of this month). I know a couple kids who are a whole lot worse than me who got sponsored by doing this kind of stuff too so going by that I'll see what happens.
CaP17A is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
 
dreampow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kyoto Japan
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can't see how much you have improved as this years video is blocked in Japan.

Doubt that will hinder your sponsorship chances though.

Good luck.
dreampow is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Can't see how much you have improved as this years video is blocked in Japan.

Doubt that will hinder your sponsorship chances though.

Good luck.

oh sorry! most likely song copyrights! i wish there was a way i could fix that but unfortunately i can't....
CaP17A is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,643
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaP17A View Post
I know this. Sending into companies to start getting known though is what i'm doing. I do all of the local competitions (rail jam and stuff) as well as doing nationally ranked competitions (i got 2nd in pipe out in Colorado at the beginning of this month). I know a couple kids who are a whole lot worse than me who got sponsored by doing this kind of stuff too so going by that I'll see what happens.
Hell yeah! Keep it up, man!

"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
super quick bump...i re-edited to a different song (deer tick - 20 miles) and am thinking about putting that up, other than that...watch it???<3
CaP17A is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Member
 
chad23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think your riding is solid man, you're a rail machine! It would definitely help if you filmed some urban shots, something outside the terrain park on your mountain. That always sets apart the local hero at the mountain from the guy whose busting his ass to get noticed i think. Good job, keep it up.
chad23 is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
I think your riding is solid man, you're a rail machine! It would definitely help if you filmed some urban shots, something outside the terrain park on your mountain. That always sets apart the local hero at the mountain from the guy whose busting his ass to get noticed i think. Good job, keep it up.
Dude, you failed to realize that the last post was in May.

Way to bump a dead thread.

www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Member
 
chad23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figured i would get flak for that, but i'm sitting in class zoning in and out. The season hasn't started in WA state yet so i'm reverting to old threads to stay pumped.
chad23 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome