GoPro LCD BacPac - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GoPro LCD BacPac

Hey all, do you guys use the lcd screen when filming on the hill? I bought my gopro for my birthday right after the snowboard season so haven't gotten a chance to experiment on the hill with it yet. Hasn't been an issue for me because I have used it with a chest mount, head mount, and stationary but I am going to make a pole mount. Am I at a disadvantage if my gopro doesn't have the lcd screen to line up the shots? Just wanted to see what everyone else does.

Thanks
Harolddd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harolddd View Post
Hey all, do you guys use the lcd screen when filming on the hill? I bought my gopro for my birthday right after the snowboard season so haven't gotten a chance to experiment on the hill with it yet. Hasn't been an issue for me because I have used it with a chest mount, head mount, and stationary but I am going to make a pole mount. Am I at a disadvantage if my gopro doesn't have the lcd screen to line up the shots? Just wanted to see what everyone else does.

Thanks

Do you have an iphone or android?

Wi-Fi backpack is only 60$(without remote) and then you can use your phone for a hand held LCD screen....way more practical IMO.

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I have an iphone, so that sounds awesome! but I was thinking more of being at a disadvantage for lining up shots haha. I can imagine it might be a little difficult to film while holding the pole in one hand and your phone in the other ;P. Thanks for the other suggestion it really does sound more practical for viewing videos

Do people that have the lcd screen on their gopro actually look through it while riding or is it someone people only use after they have shot the video?
Harolddd is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harolddd View Post
Yeah I have an iphone, so that sounds awesome! but I was thinking more of being at a disadvantage for lining up shots haha. I can imagine it might be a little difficult to film while holding the pole in one hand and your phone in the other ;P. Thanks for the other suggestion it really does sound more practical for viewing videos

Do people that have the lcd screen on their gopro actually look through it while riding or is it someone people only use after they have shot the video?
I use it to line up shots right after I mount to helmet or leg so I don't spend all day filming the sky or the ground, works great...mobile app is still in version 1.0 so not all functionality is there but is still very very cool and does not impact GoPro battery life.

Also allows you to adjust camera settings, take still images, start\stop video and power on\off gopro from phone.......way way worth 60$ IMO

When we go on road trips we mount our gopro to our roof rack and use our iPad to snap photo's of cool shit, great for self\group portraits too

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah it really does sound well worth the $60. I am just worried about using the pole mount and lining up shots because it moves with my arm and is not stationary like the helmet mount. I figure eventually I will be able to just know where it is pointing like the other mounts I use but wasn't sure if the lcd screen would help get me there.
Harolddd is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anybody else help me out? bueller....bueller.....bueller

Bueller Bueller Bueller - YouTube
Harolddd is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harolddd View Post
Yeah it really does sound well worth the $60. I am just worried about using the pole mount and lining up shots because it moves with my arm and is not stationary like the helmet mount. I figure eventually I will be able to just know where it is pointing like the other mounts I use but wasn't sure if the lcd screen would help get me there.
Yea I see what your saying, for that purpose a LCD backpack would be really useful.........just be careful you don't slam into someone\something while your watching your LCD screen :-)

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah haha thats my biggest concern
Harolddd is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome