Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Photography, Video, and Other Media (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/photography-video-other-media/)
-   -   contour +2? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/photography-video-other-media/54497-contour-2-a.html)

gmore10 01-13-2013 10:50 PM

contour +2?
 
this bad boy looks pretty good anyone got one? how are they? . i know there seems to be an audio problem but that doesn't bother me. anyway my friends offering me a deal on his wants a go pro. i have a 1080 how much different is the picture quality?

MarshallV82 01-13-2013 10:51 PM

I can't decide either.

How's the battery life compare on these as well?

Lamps 01-13-2013 11:07 PM

Battery life on the contour averages 45 mins for me, disappointing. Otherwise great camera.

MarshallV82 01-14-2013 02:04 PM

I'm thinking I'll go with Contour. I like the features on the GoPro but I don't want to ride around with a toaster on my head.

Extremo 01-17-2013 03:57 PM

I just had a super long response written and it logged me out so it never posted.

So in short, it's def worth the upgrade. Maybe I'll do a review on it sometime.

poutanen 01-17-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 577921)
Battery life on the contour averages 45 mins for me, disappointing. Otherwise great camera.

Wow that sucks... That on the +2? Must be the GPS... Both roams I've had have never run out of battery in a day of boarding. Actual video shooting probably about 1.5 hr. Unfortunately there's no real battery meter on the roam, so I don't know how close to 0 I ever was. :dunno:

Lamps 01-17-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 595922)
Wow that sucks... That on the +2? Must be the GPS... Both roams I've had have never run out of battery in a day of boarding. Actual video shooting probably about 1.5 hr. Unfortunately there's no real battery meter on the roam, so I don't know how close to 0 I ever was. :dunno:

You get a full dashboard on your iPhone showing battery and memory status, lots of nifty features, but battery life is short. In going to buy a 2nd battery.

KIRKRIDER 01-17-2013 05:41 PM

I got the ROAM. dirt cheap and works. Haven't managed to finish battery or card so far. How much you guys shoot? All day on? I do "best run" takes... pow stashes, woods...small 3-4 min segments.

gmore10 01-17-2013 06:32 PM

sounds good probably buy it from him he only wants 300 or my old ride highlife but i love that board. Anyway sounds like its worth 300.

poutanen 01-17-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER (Post 596434)
I got the ROAM. dirt cheap and works. Haven't managed to finish battery or card so far. How much you guys shoot? All day on? I do "best run" takes... pow stashes, woods...small 3-4 min segments.

I do the same, sometimes pop it on on the first chair or if I'm heading up and want a vid of somebody coming down. Otherwise I click it on at the start of a run, stop it when I pause, restart, etc. The roam's so bloody easy to use it's been foolproof for me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2