Long Vid - Lake Louise last weekend - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
POV really shines with tree-riding. Then you WANT to see what's coming, not necessarily what the rider's doing.
Fair enough! Yeah my GF said she likes watching it to see what lines I take through the trees.

Ever since we've had the thread here about letting loose and carving more in the steep and deep, I've been consciously trying to carry more speed instead of pick and choose my way through. That resulted in some of the falls seen in this vid!

Oh and I was riding my old board, I blame it squarely on the board.

Can't wait for a new snow dump so I can get a better video of that wide open chute on the back of the platter. It was chunky back there but it's my favourite run when it's fresh...
poutanen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Rides Caturdayz
 
seriouscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 6
Long Vid - Lake Louise last weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
My GF (in the red jacket) loves seeing her videos over the last few years to see how far she's come. She tore her MCL that day and the carving at the end of the day was with the pain, still she was trying really hard on her heelside!

I'm not sure about the douche that had an accident with her and tried to mate though!
Wait what? Damn that sucks. How long of a recovery?

I train every day of my life as they have never trained a day in theirs. Alexander Karelin
seriouscat is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouscat View Post
Wait what? Damn that sucks. How long of a recovery?
Yeah she had a wipeout off camera. The one on camera she just bonked her head a bit. Off camera I guess she said she was carving and dug in a little too hard, she ended up twisting her knee and the doc in Banff said it was a grade 1 MCL tear. 3-4 weeks he said, although everything on the internet about a grade 1 suggests 3 days to 3 weeks or so.

She's been getting better and better at work so I think with some light physio at home she'll be ready for Whistler in a week and a half!

She boarded the rest of the day with it, so it can't be too bad...
poutanen is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, that palce looks as awesome as i've pictured it. always wanted to go there. thanks for posting the vid and sorry to hear about your gf's injury.
bordsmnj is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordsmnj View Post
wow, that palce looks as awesome as i've pictured it. always wanted to go there. thanks for posting the vid and sorry to hear about your gf's injury.
Thanks! Yeah she's getting better, hopefully good enough to board by next weekend. Lake Louise is awesome it's one of my favorites, there's a little bit of everything there!
poutanen is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 6,337
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
...Lake Louise is awesome it's one of my favorites, there's a little bit of everything there!
Awesome Beautiful you're lucky to have a place like that to ride!! (...I especially like your natural history lesson in the beginning! ...Rock, ...tree, ...snow!!!)

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chomps1211 is online now  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Awesome Beautiful you're lucky to have a place like that to ride!! (...I especially like your natural history lesson in the beginning! ...Rock, ...tree, ...snow!!!)
Yeah I usually announce if I go over a rock to try to save the guys behind me, then I got friendly with the tree in the process! My GF and I moved 3500 km from home to be near mountains like this... It was worth the move but now I want to get even closer to them. (Lake Louise is 2 hrs from me, not bad for a day trip but it wouldn't hurt to be closer!)
poutanen is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Senior Member
 
corneilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Try Sony Vegas, it will take some work to learn it, but if you get the render settings good, it's almost the same quality as the raw files. If you don't want to buy it I can help you out, just PM me.
corneilli is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corneilli View Post
Try Sony Vegas, it will take some work to learn it, but if you get the render settings good, it's almost the same quality as the raw files. If you don't want to buy it I can help you out, just PM me.
Actually I just paid for the latest version of PowerDirector a couple days ago (after editing this vid). My issue isn't the post-production quality, it's once it's uploaded to youtube that it gets grainy (especially in the snow, it seems to want to turn them into large blocks of white).

I'm wondering if vimeo or google video has different compression for uploaded vids? Not likely for google since it's the owner of youtube, but vimeo seems to have good quality vids posted.

Also, wondering which format is best to upload to youtube, or if format even has an effect. I uploaded an M2TS file, but the website seems to suggest MP4. Although MPEG2 (M2TS) has less compression than MP4. Maybe it's better to compress into MP4 on my end, rather than allowing youtube to have their way with it?
poutanen is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member
 
atr3yu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelson, BC
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Actually I just paid for the latest version of PowerDirector a couple days ago (after editing this vid). My issue isn't the post-production quality, it's once it's uploaded to youtube that it gets grainy (especially in the snow, it seems to want to turn them into large blocks of white).

I'm wondering if vimeo or google video has different compression for uploaded vids? Not likely for google since it's the owner of youtube, but vimeo seems to have good quality vids posted.

Also, wondering which format is best to upload to youtube, or if format even has an effect. I uploaded an M2TS file, but the website seems to suggest MP4. Although MPEG2 (M2TS) has less compression than MP4. Maybe it's better to compress into MP4 on my end, rather than allowing youtube to have their way with it?
I bet a lot has to do with the M2TS format. You should try to use the following when finishing your video:

"Although YouTube accepts multiple formats including .MOV, .AVI, .WMV, and .FLV, the advanced specifications page recommends H.264/AAC in an MP4 container format."

You may have to do a little googling for your program specifically, but its a super standard option in Adobe Premiere.
atr3yu is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome