Long Vid - Lake Louise last weekend - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 724
Default

Worst 9 min of my life!

Jokes man, looked like a pretty nice day at LL! I'm hoping to get there in the next month lets try to make it work for at least a half day riding together. GF looked like she was ripping there, good stuff.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Worst 9 min of my life!

Jokes man, looked like a pretty nice day at LL! I'm hoping to get there in the next month lets try to make it work for at least a half day riding together. GF looked like she was ripping there, good stuff.
Lol, you've been quiet on here! And I've been non-existant on boardaddict...

I'm down with LL, KH, or Fernie (I know I'm the only one here who likes Nakiska lol). GFs getting a lot better on her board, last year was her getting used to big mountains year, this year she's starting to take chances and really get into the fun stuff more!

I still keep meaning to setup the cam in the park like you did and work on a jump, again and again and again. Inspiring vid!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 3,568
Default

Looks fun. I bet those wide open runs are awesome in powder.... Straight.... Wide open turns. I think I may have to drop by that mtn one day.... Hard to tell the slope angle but looks around 40-45 degree slope.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Lol, you've been quiet on here! And I've been non-existant on boardaddict...

I'm down with LL, KH, or Fernie (I know I'm the only one here who likes Nakiska lol). GFs getting a lot better on her board, last year was her getting used to big mountains year, this year she's starting to take chances and really get into the fun stuff more!

I still keep meaning to setup the cam in the park like you did and work on a jump, again and again and again. Inspiring vid!
Haha ya I've been working... like actually working instead of being on here. I'm around though. Bought a house and getting married so this year sucks for getting to the mountains and I hurt my shoulder a few weeks ago, I'm about a week away from riding again so hopefully I'll be out soon. Do it, its a great learning tool, my 3's are noticably better now that I'm staying compact and holding my grab thx to video, and I'm way over rotating without effort so 5's are coming as soon as I nut up.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Looks fun. I bet those wide open runs are awesome in powder.... Straight.... Wide open turns. I think I may have to drop by that mtn one day.... Hard to tell the slope angle but looks around 40-45 degree slope.
Yeah! Here's a pic of that run/chute in the back last may. I think it's about 45 degrees at the steepest part, and probably a good 400m long or so.



And here's a view the other day looking back up...



If you make it up here let me know and I'll give you the grand tour! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Haha ya I've been working... like actually working instead of being on here. I'm around though. Bought a house and getting married so this year sucks for getting to the mountains and I hurt my shoulder a few weeks ago, I'm about a week away from riding again so hopefully I'll be out soon. Do it, its a great learning tool, my 3's are noticably better now that I'm staying compact and holding my grab thx to video, and I'm way over rotating without effort so 5's are coming as soon as I nut up.
Sucks about the shoulder, hopefully it's better soon! I've had my share of shoulder injuries and it wasn't fun. Yeah I've got a new riding buddy out here who's a bit of a park rat, so he's forcing me to spend more time in the air. It's exactly what I need to sack up and start hitting the kickers again! This year I insist on spinning more.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

That park looks like a lot of fun. My fiance's dad is in Alberta. Next time we're up I'll def be checking this place out.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
That park looks like a lot of fun. My fiance's dad is in Alberta. Next time we're up I'll def be checking this place out.
Yeah Lake Louise's park is my favorite in the area. COP has big stuff but they basically either have small jumps (like I hit on the left) or MASSIVE kickers. I mean MASSIVE. Sunshine has a decent park too. But the video at Lake Louise is only about 1/3rd of what it's like once it's fully built.

They had a BX race their last weekend, and after that they should finish constructing the full park.

It usually looks something like this with stuff off on the left side of the lift too. It's a high speed lift and the park takes up about half the vert of that lift. The chalet is right at the base of the park, so in the spring people are out there watching the tricks and having a cold one.

poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
509-pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington state.
Posts: 344
Default

idk if u did this but when u upload a video to youtube, its gonna ask if u want them to auto stabilizer ur video or something like that do not click yes. it will make the video look blurry at some points and make it move all over the place.
509-pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509-pow View Post
idk if u did this but when u upload a video to youtube, its gonna ask if u want them to auto stabilizer ur video or something like that do not click yes. it will make the video look blurry at some points and make it move all over the place.
Yeah I did... I'm kinda on the fence about it. It makes it WAY more stable, but does like an underwater fishbowl effect every once in a while. I might try running the video again through powerDirector with their anti-shake enabled, and upload it that way.

In my vids if the helmet (black chunk on the left) is bobbing all over then anti shake is enabled through either youtube or the production software. Wish there was a better way. The good thing about Powerdirector is you can choose the level of anti-shake you want to go with. Somewhere around the middle actually seems to produce decent results.

I might do a couple back to back vids for you guys to help me out with. Find the best solution... Thanks!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
corneilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 150
Default

Mp4 or .mov is the best format for youtube by far (I know because I edited alot of Call of Duty Montages, don't want to talk about it xD ). Also, if you are rendering, to spare render time, youtube decompresses everything to 30fps, so there is no need to render more than 30fps (really takes A LOT of the rendering time away if you compare it to rendering 60fps)
corneilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums