Snowboard Big Air X Games - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
No you don't start the thread, you just find a way to bring up how much you hate Shaun White and hope he wrecks in almost every single post you make in an X-Games thread.

I quote directly from the Superpipe thread: "I hope shaun wrecks <followed by a stupid amount of smilies>"

Please don't become that annoying 14 year old kid on the mountain who has to go a crazy rant about 'Shaun White killing babies and eating their souls' every time the topic comes up.

Go snowboarding and have fun instead of buying into the hate/hype that every other kid ends up doing.
The only reason most people don't like him anymore is because he doesn't care for the other riders much anymore. X-games is suppose to be a fun loving thing for all other riders to come together and have fun but he takes it like its his life. And he also leaves RedBull for Target.. I really don't understand why someone would do that but it is his choice. And it was really stupid and ignorant of him on the Superpipe to just do nothing on his second run. There are tons of people wishing they could be him just to have one chance to go down the Superpipe but he just leaves and waves in the air just because he knows he's going to qualify. And that's not what the X-games is about. Sure theres competition but he doesn't put any fun into it.
iGotSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Sandbech has to feel like a fucking idiot. Tried to sit out the final round like a boss thinking he had the thing on lock and ended up in 3rd after the last two jumps.
I know right! But it was pretty cool of him to be happy for the other riders even when they over-took him.
iGotSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGotSteez View Post
The only reason most people don't like him anymore is because he doesn't care for the other riders much anymore. X-games is suppose to be a fun loving thing for all other riders to come together and have fun but he takes it like its his life. And he also leaves RedBull for Target.. I really don't understand why someone would do that but it is his choice. And it was really stupid and ignorant of him on the Superpipe to just do nothing on his second run. There are tons of people wishing they could be him just to have one chance to go down the Superpipe but he just leaves and waves in the air just because he knows he's going to qualify. And that's not what the X-games is about. Sure theres competition but he doesn't put any fun into it.
You're buying into the nonsense. X-Games was never a 'fun loving thing' for riders to come together. It was always a marketing play to get exposure for companies.

FYI, Redbull has serious health side effects, it's not some loving company that helps kids with cancer (or do they? I just realized they probably have a cancer charity section of their company if they have a good marketing team). Red Bull is an energy drink recipe that was taken from east asia and mass marketed well. Target is probably more family friendly than Red Bull if you want to think of it that way.

Athletes sign with red bull because they pay well. From what I've seen at contests, most of the people riding for energy drinks don't even drink the energy drink themselves (that stuff is horrible for you), it's just a sponsorship with good benefits at the end of the day.

You seem under the weird thinking that X-Games is some sort of fun loving snowboard event that is formed by snowboarders for snowboarders. It's not. It never was.

It's all marketing.
__________________
I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at Snomie.com - How To Snowboard Videos, Snowboard Tips & Snowboard Lessons

Last edited by Jed; 01-26-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Lstarrasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
No you don't start the thread, you just find a way to bring up how much you hate Shaun White and hope he wrecks in almost every single post you make in an X-Games thread.

I quote directly from the Superpipe thread: "I hope shaun wrecks <followed by a stupid amount of smilies>"

Please don't become that annoying 14 year old kid on the mountain who has to go a crazy rant about 'Shaun White killing babies and eating their souls' every time the topic comes up.

Go snowboarding and have fun instead of buying into the hate/hype that every other kid ends up doing.


How can you not root against Shaun White? He comes off as the biggest douche. And can Sal Maskela blow him already?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
You're buying into the nonsense. X-Games was never a 'fun loving thing' for riders to come together. It was always a marketing play to get exposure for companies.

FYI, Redbull has serious health side effects, it's not some loving company that helps kids with cancer (or do they? I just realized they probably have a cancer charity section of their company if they have a good marketing team). Red Bull is an energy drink recipe that was taken from east asia and mass marketed well. Target is probably more family friendly than Red Bull if you want to think of it that way.

Athletes sign with red bull because they pay well. From what I've seen at contests, most of the people riding for energy drinks don't even drink the energy drink themselves (that stuff is horrible for you), it's just a sponsorship with good benefits at the end of the day.

You seem under the weird thinking that X-Games is some sort of fun loving snowboard event that is formed by snowboarders for snowboarders. It's not. It never was.

It's all marketing.
Okay honestly i really don't care, but what i was trying to say is Shaun White wasn't who he used to be and that's why Backcountry isn't a big fan of him. That's why no one is anymore.
iGotSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #36 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
How can you not root against Shaun White? He comes off as the biggest douche. And can Sal Maskela blow him already?
I don't root for or against him because I know it's all a marketing play either way. The only thing I root for is that he stops wearing ladies pants.

I'm indifferent to whether he wins or loses. What I do hate are stupid people who buy into the nonsense and spout hate nonstop without realizing they end up just as bad as the stupid people who love Shaun White and think he's the saviour of humanity.

It's like super Apple fans Vs super anti-Apple fans fighting. Both sides look like idiots with their flawed logic and bias nonsense.

Here's a fun sidenote:

The super-haters who jump on the hate bandwagon for Shaun White probably bring him just as much money as the people who love him because his haters probably start as many threads, google search him and talk about him twice as much as the people who love him.

The hate actually ends up bringing him even more money. It's very similar to the Howard Stern effect where they found out that people who hate Howard Stern end up listening to his radio show twice as much as his fans.
__________________
I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at Snomie.com - How To Snowboard Videos, Snowboard Tips & Snowboard Lessons
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
WasatchMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,029
Default

Highlights from each event for those who missed it - http://www.youtube.com/user/2013XGAM...ew=0&flow=grid
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Backcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 267
Default

Any one know of any good news about Halldor?
I looked him up on the news section of Google and not much showed up, only stuff from 11 hours ago, which is about the time he wrecked.

I'm sure it's not that bad but still, anyone know??
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Lstarrasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
I don't root for or against him because I know it's all a marketing play either way. The only thing I root for is that he stops wearing ladies pants.

I'm indifferent to whether he wins or loses. What I do hate are stupid people who buy into the nonsense and spout hate nonstop without realizing they end up just as bad as the stupid people who love Shaun White and think he's the saviour of humanity.

It's like super Apple fans Vs super anti-Apple fans fighting. Both sides look like idiots with their flawed logic and bias nonsense.

Here's a fun sidenote:

The super-haters who jump on the hate bandwagon for Shaun White probably bring him just as much money as the people who love him because his haters probably start as many threads, google search him and talk about him twice as much as the people who love him.

The hate actually ends up bringing him even more money. It's very similar to the Howard Stern effect where they found out that people who hate Howard Stern end up listening to his radio show twice as much as his fans.

Anyone who brings up Howard Stern is good in my book.
Hey Now!
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
Any one know of any good news about Halldor?
I looked him up on the news section of Google and not much showed up, only stuff from 11 hours ago, which is about the time he wrecked.

I'm sure it's not that bad but still, anyone know??
2013 Winter X Games Halldor Helgason interview about his big air knockout slam | TransWorld SNOWboarding

This guys the man. "They thought I broke my neck but that was just an old injury from 2 years ago, no big deal" LOL
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums