Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   The Political Wilderness (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/political-wilderness/)
-   -   Politifact - Sponsoring Truth in Politics (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/political-wilderness/17467-politifact-sponsoring-truth-politics.html)

trevk#07 09-10-2009 05:30 PM

Politifact - Sponsoring Truth in Politics
 
Politifact.com

I just came across this website today while fact-checking in an online health care debate. Looks to be a promising site in rooting out the propaganda and lies from ALL politicians speeches or public addresses.

They have a nifty little "Truth-o-meter" to which they asses political statements as True, Mostly True, Half True, Barely True, False and "Pants-on-fire!". There is also an "Obameter" which judges whether the president has followed through on many of the claims he made while still on the campaign trail.

Just wondering if anybody else has checked it out and had time to judge the consistency of their reporting.

trevk#07 09-10-2009 09:04 PM

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...25076839_1.jpg

NUH-UUHH!!!

Sam I Am 09-10-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpdsnowman (Post 179292)
http://vote08.freedomblogging.com/fi...ush-cheney.jpg

Boy its a good thing were outta there !!!

WHAT IS CHENY'S HAND DOING THERE?!:eek: ...or is his arm just swinging and the camera caught it at a bad angle?

Sam I Am 09-10-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevk#07 (Post 179209)
Politifact.com

I just came across this website today while fact-checking in an online health care debate. Looks to be a promising site in rooting out the propaganda and lies from ALL politicians speeches or public addresses.

They have a nifty little "Truth-o-meter" to which they asses political statements as True, Mostly True, Half True, Barely True, False and "Pants-on-fire!". There is also an "Obameter" which judges whether the president has followed through on many of the claims he made while still on the campaign trail.

Just wondering if anybody else has checked it out and had time to judge the consistency of their reporting.


is it worth checking out? does it make fun of anyone? would i get some kind of laugh out of reading some of the things they post there?

trevk#07 09-10-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam I Am (Post 179297)
is it worth checking out? does it make fun of anyone? would i get some kind of laugh out of reading some of the things they post there?

hmmmm... i guess that would depend on your opinion on what kind of lies and truths are actually being said. :dunno:. I mean, do you find humor in finding out that your Senator blatantly lied about a topic, or told the truth when you rather he didn't? Again, :dunno:. That being said, I do find it somewhat amusing, even if it isn't:

ROMFFLMFAO!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sam I Am 09-10-2009 09:48 PM

Eventually I'll get around to checking it out...just not anytime soon. Waaaaaay to lazy for debating whether it's truth or someone spewing more lies.

trevk#07 09-10-2009 10:05 PM

It's not like a forum. It's done by a Florida Newspaper. They listen for statements made by politicians, activist groups, general groups of people and other people and organizations of national interest; fact check the statement that was made and then judge the statement in the terms mentioned in the first post.

There doesn't seem to be any bias. After clicking on a statements' link, the statement is broken down by the reports, speeches, and/or other documents pertaining to that topic to explain why they gave the judgment that was given.

Sam I Am 09-11-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevk#07 (Post 179317)
It's not like a forum. It's done by a Florida Newspaper. They listen for statements made by politicians, activist groups, general groups of people and other people and organizations of national interest; fact check the statement that was made and then judge the statement in the terms mentioned in the first post.

There doesn't seem to be any bias. After clicking on a statements' link, the statement is broken down by the reports, speeches, and/or other documents pertaining to that topic to explain why they gave the judgment that was given.

way too much work for my taste, but then I should do more. It sounds like a good site. I'll check it out within the week. Would it compare to CurrentTV?

Sam I Am 09-11-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowolf (Post 179356)
That is a good site. One I use a lot is:

FactCheck.org

They are very non partisan and they will call bullshit on both sides when it is bullshit.

An educated populace is the greatest threat to tyranny.

I believe you.

I thought people who carry flaming torches and are willing to use pitchforks mercilessly are the greatest threat to tyranny...

Sam I Am 09-11-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowolf (Post 179362)
He is controlling him....
I always suspected that George was dummy and that Cheney was the master.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2