Why evolution can be taught in schools, but creationism cant. - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
The problem comes when people try to teach that humans evolved from primates. This is just theory and does not begin to explain creation.
It isn't trying to explain creation, Darwin. It's trying to explain from whence we evolved. I could say creationism doesn't begin to explain why I burned my bagel in the toaster this morning with just as much validity.

EDIT: Evolutionists have made predictions about the differences between our DNA and a Chimp's DNA. Molecular Biology and Genomics have yielded data consistent with the predictions. In cases that it isn't consistent, scientists shrug and go back to the drawing board. THAT is science.
Quote:
At the very least the religious side has faith to comfort them in their theory of creation.
Delude.. comfort. Same thing. Either way, it's a cop-out.
Quote:
The scientific community is left with a never ending set of questions.
That's the basis for science.

Last edited by MunkySpunk; 10-06-2009 at 11:18 AM.
MunkySpunk is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ATOTony76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mt. HOOD
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Cosmology and evolution are two different subject areas. You missed the bus on this one.Membrane theory. Just because you don't understand the math doesn't make it invalid. Hell, you have trouble spelling two syllable words correctly.Arrangement of self-replicating non-chiral organic acids into a lipid monolayer on a clay substrate.Self-replicating nucleic acids have been made, driven and optimized by in vitro evolution.To fill an ecological niche. There were resources on land and no life to take advantage of them. Might as well go get them.Oh, you mean "Dr." Quack? Yeah, I've heard of him, he's a good comedian. Citing him as a credible source does you no credit.
despite what his background is, and what he does with his own life. I think he brings up some valid points. Suddenly everyone just became specialist evolution. Self-replicating nucleic acids have been made, in a LAB.
__________________
Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Self-replicating nucleic acids have been made, in a LAB.
What would you like them to do? Make it happen on an NIH funded extra-solar planet?

I've got a better idea, recreate creationism for me. Prove it's correct. You claim it's a theory, so you should be able to support it with observable data.
MunkySpunk is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 1,922
Default

He doesn't bring up valid points, because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
snowjeeper is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ATOTony76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mt. HOOD
Posts: 683
Default

Evolution isn't something that just happened suddenly. It took millions of years for this to take place. But at what time did the sea creature or fish decide that land is the way to go? After how many years of the fish floping on the shore did it decide "I should grow some legs"

It seems like this world is just to complicated for it just to happen naturally. Now I don't agree with this guy saying that earth was created sometime around 6000bc, but he does bring some valid points that scientist have still yet to answer, or simply cannot produce one.
__________________
Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ATOTony76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mt. HOOD
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjeeper View Post
He doesn't bring up valid points, because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
Like what?
__________________
Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
Evolution isn't something that just happened suddenly. It took millions of years for this to take place.
No shit.
Quote:
But at what time did the sea creature or fish decide that land is the way to go? After how many years of the fish floping on the shore did it decide "I should grow some legs"
You're the only one saying the fish decided. Is this the theory of Tonyism?

The fish didn't decide. Evolution states natural selection decided. Kind of like how your inbred republican base ultra-conservative family tree looks like a telephone pole - it's at an evolutionary disadvantage because it's missing chromosomes and has some serious genetic damage. Will your family decide to die out? Unfortunately probably not. However, it will eventually go the way of the dinosaurs because natural selection decided for you.

If you're going to discount evolution, at least have the courtesy to know what the hell evolution is.
Quote:
but he does bring some valid points that scientist have still yet to answer, or simply cannot produce one.
Just like creationists can't prove that their god made the universe, or even exists in the first place. Pots and kettles.

At least science acknowledges there are always more questions to be answered instead of self-delusion.
MunkySpunk is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ATOTony76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mt. HOOD
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
No shit.
You're the only one saying the fish decided. Is this the theory of Tonyism?

The fish didn't decide. Evolution states natural selection decided. Kind of like how your inbred republican base ultra-conservative family tree looks like a telephone pole - it's at an evolutionary disadvantage because it's missing chromosomes and has some serious genetic damage. Will your family decide to die out? Unfortunately probably not. However, it will eventually go the way of the dinosaurs because natural selection decided for you.

If you're going to discount evolution, at least have the courtesy to know what the hell evolution is.Just like creationists can't prove that their god made the universe, or even exists in the first place. Pots and kettles.

At least science acknowledges there are always more questions to be answered instead of self-delusion.
Your a ass hole, no need for the personal attacks just because I don't believe in what you do. Creationism isn't perfect, evolution isn't perfect, I'm not perfect and neither are you. Get over your self.
__________________
Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
Your a ass hole, no need for the personal attacks just because I don't believe in what you do. Creationism isn't perfect, evolution isn't perfect, I'm not perfect and neither are you. Get over your self.
You misspelled 'You're'. 'Asshole' and 'yourself' are one word each, 'asshole' should also have been prefaced with 'an'.

At least it got your attention, and at least now you've got a nice colorful example of natural selection to tell your friends during your Sunday brainwashings.

You've got a horrible tendency to not read the entirety of posts replying to your own. You state 'Evolution says <pull something out of my ass that evolution does not state>.' and then say evolution is wrong for stating it. Hence, it is an example of why you've got a reputation of not knowing what you're talking about.

I will now disprove creationism using your style of debate: Creationism states that if I put a cork in my ass and fart, I'll explode. Clearly that is not the case, so creationism is wrong.
MunkySpunk is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to cite empirical data supporting the 'theory' of creationism.
MunkySpunk is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums