Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   The Political Wilderness (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/political-wilderness/)
-   -   You WILL be arrested for dancing in the Jefferson Memorial. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/political-wilderness/39799-you-will-arrested-dancing-jefferson-memorial.html)

Karasene 05-30-2011 01:30 PM

You WILL be arrested for dancing in the Jefferson Memorial.
 
I just watched this video taken this Saturday May 28th at the Jefferson Memorial in DC. Adam Kokesh and a group of people apparently break the law by dancing and experience the full consequences. I can't say I agree with the way they (the "dancers") handled the resist but the video demonstrates how absurd our country is truely becoming.




^if that didnt work heres the link




(why can I not figure out this whole embeded you tube video feature)

KIRKRIDER 05-30-2011 02:11 PM

Ridicolous. What a shame. Arrested for dancing.

InfiniteEclipse 05-30-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karasene (Post 403131)
I just watched this video taken this Saturday May 28th at the Jefferson Memorial in DC. Adam Kokesh and a group of people apparently break the law by dancing and experience the full consequences. I can't say I agree with the way they handled the "resist" but the video demonstrates how absurd our country is truely becoming.




^if that didnt work heres the link
YouTube - ‪Adam Kokesh body slammed, choked, police brutality at Jefferson Memorial‬‏



(why can I not figure out this whole embeded you tube video feature)



:thumbsup:

Deviant 05-31-2011 12:02 AM

If anyone believes the Constitution has any bearing on cops these days they are an idiot. This video proved nothing to me or anyone else. Not giving these cops any credit (or any cops for that matter till I meet a non-egotistical one, which hasn't happened yet) but these people look like drunk idiots at a fair.

Also..

"Waaaaahhhhh you didn't give me a warning, waaaahhhh". Probably called mommy from the jail phone and whined to her too. At least have some class when you get yourself busted on purpose....too bad their so-called "demonstration" and video won't make a lick of difference.

ShredLife 05-31-2011 12:44 AM

fuck the police... all of them.

this country is completely fucked. we need to overthrow the government, burn the corporations to the ground, kill the rich, and redistribute all the money

HoboMaster 05-31-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 403169)
fuck the police... all of them.

this country is completely fucked. we need to overthrow the government, burn the corporations to the ground, kill the rich, and redistribute all the money

But But... Then there would be no Big Macs or Coca Cola! CANNOT COPE. SYSTEM SHUTTING DOWN. FAILURE, FAILURE.

Leo 05-31-2011 10:47 AM

I'm not defending any one side in this video and the arrest is stupid, but... The cop in the beginning was actually civil and gave them ample warning and the group defied and mocked him.

Let's face it, this group wasn't there to innocently dance. They were there to make a point about a stupid ruling on the memorial. They knew they would be arrested.

This was in fact a demonstration and that's exactly what the cop told them they aren't allowed to do. Asking a cop a rhetorical question like "How is dancing a demonstration" is ignorant.

Now the way people were tackled and choked... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Although they were resisting arrest while shouting out that they weren't. Like the dude that got thrown to the ground... had his hands up like he is all innocent, but was sternly walking away from the officer not allowing him to handcuff him. Ha, great acting there.

Donutz 05-31-2011 11:29 AM

Agree with Leo on this. In Vancouver in the past we've had demonstrations where the protesters were yelling insults at the cops, throwing stuff, basically being as obnoxious as possible, then as soon as the news cameras showed up they were all sweet and innocent. Protests are very rarely about a bunch of concerned citizens making a point any more -- they're as much about Big Business as any lobbying or bribery case. In too many cases, when you closely examine the people doing the protesting, you'll discover that they have an ulterior motive that wouldn't sell so well.

Mooz 05-31-2011 11:35 AM

Watch the entire video. DC park police explained nicely several times that they can't dance there (no public performances are allowed at DC monuments. This is to keep them being used for reflection and not public displays). He even said citing them requires an arrest because they live so far away. They were warned over and over and over.

Usually I'm with the fuck the police crowd but this is an example of a sensationalist prick goading cops into legally arresting him and then claiming he was violated. His whole goal was to create a "viral" video.

Deviant 05-31-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 403186)
Now the way people were tackled and choked... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Sucks to be them. The cop was trying to get the guy with his hands up behind his back but he was stiff in the arms and the cop couldn't do it. I think the tackle/slam was easier punishment than being tazered or pepper sprayed, both of which would be much more painful than a bump on the hip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooz (Post 403191)
Watch the entire video. DC park police explained nicely several times that they can't dance there (no public performances are allowed at DC monuments. This is to keep them being used for reflection and not public displays). He even said citing them requires an arrest because they live so far away. They were warned over and over and over.

Usually I'm with the fuck the police crowd but this is an example of a sensationalist prick goading cops into legally arresting him and then claiming he was violated. His whole goal was to create a "viral" video.

Exactly right....and to prove the point further that this was all a bunch of bullshit is what is on the "WhinylittlebitchVsTheMan" website:

Quote:

VIDEO CONTEST

The winner of the ADAM VS THE MAN Ė DANCE PARTY @ TJíS video contest will have their video featured on air and be invited to be a guest on our show this Friday. The video must be promoting the event this Saturday. Thatís it. Winner is the one with the most views at noon on Friday. To officially submit a video to be posted at adamvstheman.com please email me the link: adam@adamvstheman.com.
All about promotion and getting the name out there if you ask me. Not much better than the Rapture money making scam.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2