greater transparency - Page 9 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #81 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
The fact is that Obama`s policies are not as liberal as Bill Clinton`s yet the level of vitriol and hatred toward the office of the Presidency is unparalleled in US history and the only thing different is it is a black man in the office. Anyone who denies this racial component is a liar or a fool.

To me, the biggest issue is just that Americans don't give a shit about what's going on in the nation anymore. People are ignorant, and they to bitch about the president and policies yet they have no idea what it is they are bitching about. Most are simply regurgitating the shit that was shoveled to them by FOX news or CNN, which is completely party biased. The average american gets off on watching the fucking Kardashians or some other celebrity/reality TV bullshit. The rest listen to one news source and take every slanted view they hear as fact. No one is willing to be open minded and form their own ideas based on the facts of both sides.

Imagine if you took a poll of one hundred average citizens. How many do you think would know the ramifications of the patriot act as it stands now? How many know that Obama has dumped tons of money into alternative energy so that we can get off the oil tit before it dries up? How many know what Romney's foreign policy will be, or how he plans on continuing the exits from two unnecessary wars. That, to me, is what is truly scary. People are voting these scumbags in and out of office based off gay marriage and abortion, and completely ignoring what is actually pertinent.

There...i'm off my soapbox now.
backstop13 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlyr View Post
You haven't proved a single point that you've made on this thread. You just throw shit up and see what sticks. Then, when someone calls you out on it, you get all defensive and lodge insults.

Just because you heard someone say that the act of questioning Obama's birth place is racially motivated, doesn't make it so. If that were the case, you could accuse anyone who disagrees with his policies and standing on issues of being racist. That's probably what you would prefer anyway though, would make things a lot easier on you.
I never heard someone say it. The comment by Romney was blatantly serving racist motivations.

What points have you "proven" at all in any thread? It's all political opinion and speculation, nothing more. No points proven anywhere.

Just keep spewing all the agenda all you like, it doesn't prove one point whatsoever.

Don't like my opinion on it? Well fuck off, I have the freedom in this country to state what I want, as do you. Don't like that I insulted you? Oh boo hoo.

Nothing argued in any of your threads proves any point, just your own opinion. That's all, nothing more.
Efilnikufesin is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #83 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default

I laugh at the person who thinks Obama's college transcript is more important than Romney's tax data.

1. Get over the whole "Obama wasn't born in the US" idiocy, he proved it, and even if it wasn't true, who cares? He's out president whether he was born in America or not, and he grew up here, so he should have the right to be president regardless.

2. Romney's tax data isnt wanted to just prove that he's "rich" and out of touch with society, it's to show how little he paid in taxes.

Get over yourself.
ckell is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
outlyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: conus
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
I never heard someone say it. The comment by Romney was blatantly serving racist motivations.
You're much too quick to pull the race card. The man made a wise crack about his own birth place in his own birth state and you labelled him as an "old white man" saying "racist shit" without realizing it. It's that type of thinking that contributes to racial tensions in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
What points have you "proven" at all in any thread? It's all political opinion and speculation, nothing more. No points proven anywhere.
I've proven to Snowolf that the mortgage crisis, beginning in 2007, resulted in the first significant reduction in the value of U.S. homes and real estate. That what happened with mortgages and home ownership in the Carter years and the first few years of the Reagan administration wasn't a "housing bubble" but a period of stagnant growth. I have effectively proven that rampage shootings are not typically politically motivated--although I was prepared to go much further in my analysis of these types of shooters. I also proved that you can't compare the price tag of a new Tacoma to that of an F-150 or Chevy 1500 because that comparison should be made with the Tundra. Just to name a few. I guess you missed those.

Whether you agree with me or not, I support my arguments when necessary. Some things don't require proving anything. When you call someone a racist or claim that they made a racist comment though, you should be prepared to prove your case. And, you haven't done so. I'm sure there is a segment of the U.S. population that doesn't like the president just because he is half African-American. That's unfortunate, but that doesn't mean that it is the same group of people who question his birth place. That's what the left wants the public to believe, but there exists no evidence of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
Don't like that I insulted you? Oh boo hoo.
You didn't insult me. I rarely get insulted.
outlyr is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
outlyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: conus
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
To me, the biggest issue is just that Americans don't give a shit about what's going on in the nation anymore.
What Americans are you referring to? Every American I know gives a shit about what's going on in the nation.
outlyr is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
outlyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: conus
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckell View Post
I laugh at the person who thinks Obama's college transcript is more important than Romney's tax data.
Romney already released his last two returns, which is what John McCain released in 2008. The Obama camp's request for additional returns is a direct response to the call for Obama's birth certificate. So, in response, writers who support Romney have requested Obama's university records. It is silly, but it shows how both camps can just keep going back and forth with requests for insignificant personal information. I mean, what are we really going to glean from additional tax returns? He gave two, now they want two more, what next?

The truth about the university transcript thing is not that critics suspect Obama claimed to be a foreign exchange student or foreign born, or that he lied in order to access financial aid, but that his piss poor grades betray the fact that he got into Harvard Law School as a result of affirmative action. We would be able to determine that from his transcripts.
outlyr is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #87 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlyr View Post
What Americans are you referring to? Every American I know gives a shit about what's going on in the nation.
they only care about the issues that are directly affecting them. Of course everyone currently cares about the economy, because they want more money and financial stability. But the average person in the US doesn't consider energy policies, foreign policies, environmental policies, etc. in these elections. To think that a majority of Americans headed to the polls are informed on every issue and have been open-minded in their decision making and have avoided party bias is naive. That's what I was getting at with that statement.

You may run with a group of informed people who actually care about all things politico, but the average US citizen only gives a shit when policy affects their perfect little bubble.
backstop13 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
You are fucking obtuse dude! I admitted that I mispoke when I said a Tacoma and that I was refferring to a Tundra. I said as much when you pointed that out; did you miss that part? Jesus, you are just fucking dense. You flat fucking ignore everything other people say and just keep droning on with your shit. There is no having a conversation with you or even honest debate. You flat fucking ignore people`s opinions except to parse their words to use in your next canned argument.

As for the shootings and other violent rampages, I guess you missed the latest domestic terrorism coming from more right wing dirt bags like yourself in the fucking Army. You have proved nothing to anyone with an actual brain. Everyone sees that almost all of these events are perpetrated by a right wing freak while the occasional left winger goes bannanas. As for the other shit, you mave have proven these things to yourself but you have not proven a god damned thing to me or anyone else.

But keep droning on and not listening to anything anyone else says.....




Bullshit! He has more than adequately proven his point and everyone but you hacks in the fucking tea party sees this racist shit all around us. No you don`t support your arguments; you just spew forth mindless talking points and outright lies from the fucking insane wing of the te party. You say "some things don`t need proving" yet turn around and deny this poster proved racism. What you REALLY mean is that YOUR points don`t need proving but any opposing views are unprovable to YOU no matter how much proof is provided.

Sorry dude, you are saying nothing new and proving nothing other than you are brainless minion for the tea bagger freak wing of the Republican party.
Well said Snowwolf, I stopped responding because I feel like I shouldn't feed the troll. This comment made me chuckle.

Quote:
You're much too quick to pull the race card. The man made a wise crack about his own birth place in his own birth state and you labelled him as an "old white man" saying "racist shit" without realizing it. It's that type of thinking that contributes to racial tensions in this country.
Oh sure, my comment is what's pushing racial tensions in this country.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why he is posting in SBF.com's political forum? He doesn't snowboard, and has about one post I see in your Cobra review I believe, that is not in this part of the forum. Why exactly does he feel compelled to argue on this particular forum at all?

Plus, watching the RNC right now. Love the lipstick stuck on Condalisa Rice's teeth.

Last edited by Efilnikufesin; 08-29-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Efilnikufesin is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 470
Default

Almost cried a little listening to Ryan speak. All those proven points he talked about truly made me unable to deny their validity.
Efilnikufesin is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
outlyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: conus
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Blatant fucking racism....."that nigger is obviously too dumb to suceed on his own merit; it HAD to be affirmative action"....fuck you are so god damned brainwashed that you don`t even have a fucking clue how racist YOU are.....


You don`t get on the Harvard Law review by getting "piss poor grades"....Oh yeah, I forgot......"affirmative action". Jesus dude, you are a piece of work.
I didn't say anything about his grades while studying at Harvard, I said that his grades could betray the fact that he was accepted because of affirmative action. If you really think that there are not more qualified police officers and firefighters across the country who are passed up for promotion in favor of less qualified minority co-workers you are either as dumb as a fence post or blind to reality.
outlyr is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums