Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   The Political Wilderness (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/political-wilderness/)
-   -   greater transparency (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/political-wilderness/49281-greater-transparency.html)

outlyr 08-21-2012 08:23 AM

greater transparency
 
Obama Should Release His College Transcripts « CBS Miami

Some excerpts:

"Let’s assume for a moment that people do care about what they should be concerned about – the reason why the current president isn’t releasing his data. In particular, many – including me – are interested in what information the college transcripts have to offer about Obama. Certainly, the release of Obama’s college data would tell us more about Obama that we don’t know than Romney’s tax data would tell us about Romney that we don’t already know."

"No matter what Romney’s tax data shows us, we already know he has been an extremely successful businessman – which obviously equates to extreme wealth. We already know this. What we don’t know – and can only assume is extreme doubt – is what is so sacredly hidden in Obama’s unreleased files."

"Maybe – just maybe – the college transcripts would reveal that Obama was a “foreign exchange” student. Now, that is a possibility that would be devastating to an American president."

"Would such information prove that he wasn’t born in the United States? Of course not. But it might prove that he cheated the system to get into the schools of his choice. Either would be a devastating blow to his image."

"Forget Romney’s taxes that will simply confirm his wealthy. Let’s see Obama’s college transcripts and find out what is necessary for him to hide."

backstop13 08-21-2012 09:00 AM

does it really matter?

we're going to get fucked by either party that wins anyway. Until Americans stand up and give the collective finger to big brother and vote these son-of-a-bitches out of office, it's just a different wolf preying on the same sheep...

Tarzanman 08-21-2012 09:48 AM

Do you really think that Obama getting a "D" in calculus is more prescient than how Romney managed his business and finances?

The current president has been in office for almost 4 years. At this point Obama's history before taking office is arguably less important since we can look at his on the job performance to extrapolate how his 2nd term would go.

On the other hand, you have a presidential candidate who is campaigning on his economic and gubernatorial record. Strange then that he would choose to not disclose that record.

Something stinks, and everyone knows it.

HoboMaster 08-21-2012 10:03 AM

I really don't give a shit what grade someone got in college. You are asking this question way too late, the only somewhat relevant time would have been pre-initial election.

If you don't like Obama's performance over the last 4 years than you just don't, how does digging up this conspiracy shit change anything?

Can we stop judging those with political power and others in the spotlight by their personal/family life, and instead criticize the hell out of them by their performance?

So much more important shit that we should be criticizing as Americans than this stuff.

Also, this is super pinhole but plenty of crucial and amazing people throughout history got poor grades in school... Albert Einstein etc...

I just don't see how this is relevant except towards those who are foaming at the mouth towards Obama and want further superficial justification to fuel their dislike.

outlyr 08-21-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoboMaster (Post 514518)
I really don't give a shit what grade someone got in college.

It has nothing to do with his grades, it has everything to do with transparency, the very same type of transparency the Obama administration is requesting in regard to Romney's tax returns.

outlyr 08-21-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarzanman (Post 514513)
Do you really think that Obama getting a "D" in calculus is more prescient than how Romney managed his business and finances?

Obama's applications for admission and financial aid are much more important than his transcripts. The truth is that Mitt Romney is in the 1%, he's trying to downplay this fact in order to appeal to the other 99%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarzanman (Post 514513)
On the other hand, you have a presidential candidate who is campaigning on his economic and gubernatorial record. Strange then that he would choose to not disclose that record.

What do you mean? Romney's "economic and gubernatorial record" is a matter of public record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarzanman (Post 514513)
Something stinks, and everyone knows it.

I agree, Obama is definitely hiding something.

outlyr 08-21-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backstop13 (Post 514505)
we're going to get fucked by either party that wins anyway. Until Americans stand up and give the collective finger to big brother and vote these son-of-a-bitches out of office, it's just a different wolf preying on the same sheep...

Good point. We really must establish a third party in order to make this happen though. Unfortunately, Ron Paul just isn't going to cut it.

snowklinger 08-21-2012 01:06 PM

This is one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard.

When the right wing and republicans ever decide to capitalize on an attractive ethos or dogma, they will find some success.

Anybody ever watch those various "news" shows on Fox? They don't promote any ideas of their own, they simply hate and react - weak minded weaksauce, and the public sees it.

Simply "reacting" to your opponent is weaksauce. The left doesn't spend nearly as much time and energy trying to thwart the right, they simply want to do their work. The right spends its time trying to tell everyone what to do and being Debbie Downers instead of standing UP for something.

I don't think anybody gives a shit about Obamas grades or whether he shares them with you, but I know plenty of people who think that Romney's tax situation is FUCKING BULLSHIT. You can defend it but my statement of public perception is true.

This thread is fucking retarded.

outlyr 08-21-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 514540)
Simply "reacting" to your opponent is weaksauce. The left doesn't spend nearly as much time and energy trying to thwart the right, they simply want to do their work. The right spends its time trying to tell everyone what to do and being Debbie Downers instead of standing UP for something.

What are you talking about? Does the left or the right support big government? Who desires expansion of bureaucracy? Are you trying to tell us that Media Matters doesn't spend much time and energy thwarting the right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 514540)
I don't think anybody gives a shit about Obamas grades or whether he shares them with you, but I know plenty of people who think that Romney's tax situation is FUCKING BULLSHIT. You can defend it but my statement of public perception is true.

Think about it snowklinger, that's not a statement of public perception, but a statement of your private perception. Again, his grades are insignificant, although they could be embarrassing, they would affect public perception much less than a big fat lie. Again, it's the man's integrity that's at stake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 514540)
This thread is fucking retarded.

Thanks for participating.

snowklinger 08-21-2012 03:05 PM

Just because you feel that all media is from the entertainment left doesnt mean they are out to thwart the right. This is my point. They are doing their own thing and it makes u mad. They dont care what you do.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2