One Hell of a Cop - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

What I mean by bullying is that you are not gonna take shit from anyone and no one is gonna give it. You shouldn't get the right to be an asshole in public because you are carrying a rifle around. If you're an asshole, you should be treated accordingly.

Being able to carry assault weapons for no reason down the streets is overboard. I can understand being able to have them. It's your right, but for no reason carrying around shit like that is downright stupid.

It would be like carrying around RPG-7 and grenade straps for no reason. Now I'm not so dumb as to think they are comparable, but if it was our right to would that make it feasible?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]
 
alaric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Most New Yorkers can't be trusted with loaded weapons because most are just naturally assholes.
*in a teenager girl voice*

OH HELL NAWWWW!

I know you didn't.







yeah you're definitely correct with this statement.
__________________
life IS good.


alaric is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
And this why the gun issue should remain totally up to each state. Most New Yorkers can't be trusted with loaded weapons because most are just naturally assholes and would bully people with them. Since you don't live out west and know nothing about our culture, you have no credibility or authority to speak for us with regard to this issue.

I can tell you for a fact based on past experience growing up in western Montana and having lived 47 years in Arizona, Idaho, Montana. Alaska and Washington that guns are just no big hairy deal out west and people open carry out here without this eastern attitude and we have almost no trouble at all as a direct result.

As I told you before in another thread, in my high school, gun safety and shooting was an elective class. We brought our rifles (have to be 18 to posses a handgun by federal law) to school and secure them unloaded in our lockers during hunting season.

Now to you i am sure this sounds insane but for us it was just normal life in a small rural Montana town. Like any high school, we had the after school fights in the parking lot and damn near every pickup had loaded guns in the rack. No one even remotely thought about using a gun to bully someone. It was simply not a part of our culture to even think this way.

Now sure, given that that was 30 years ago before people started putting their kids on psychotropic drugs rather than parent and society everywhere has devolved in varying degrees, things are no longer THAT liberal. Still, even in metropolitan Phoenix; America's 5th largest city, guns carried openly is commonplace. You can walk into the Wal-Mart at 75th and Thomas and see at least a dozen or more people shopping with a pistol strapped to their hip. No one freaks out and no one waves their piece around bullying.

Not saying you are wrong where you live but gun laws that might make sense in New York are absurd for Washington, Oregon, Alaska or Arizona. This is a true state's rights issue and people in the east are ignorant of western culture and should mind their own business.
New York City and the actual State of New York are like East Coast and west coast. It is two different worlds. The rest of New York state is 100% hillblilly redneck country. In high school when opening day came they would actually schedule study hall days because everyone would skip. We have a tractor day at my old high school. Everyone drives their tractors to school and parks them in the parking lot instead of their trucks. In the parking lot there is about a total of four or so cars. The rest are diesel trucks. Believe me you would fit right in here.

That said. Being able to walk around a city with Assault Rifles is not a good idea. There are assholes every where and every time period. I am not saying you shouldn't be able to carry these weapons in public period, I'm just saying in City limits it shouldn't be allowed. And I am saying Assault weapons, not pistols.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

You are not seeing what I am saying at all. I am not against conceal and carry. Nor am I against the right to open carry any weapon outside of a metropolitan area. What I am against is any non-law enforcement, or law enforcement for no cause, carrying around firearm besides a pistol. Carrying rifles and other firearms that aren't pistols around in cities is ridiculous. All you're doing is scary the shit out of people and making them feel unsafe.

I know how conceal and carry and open carry can reduce crime. I have done multiple reports on it and I agree. I am in no way against conceal and carry or open carry with a pistol. It absolutely reduces crime. There isn't even anything to be argued. The facts only support one side.

However open carry with anything but a pistol, it is ridiculous. Giving assholes the right to keep being an asshole because they walk around with a rifle is what I am against. Assholes are gonna be assholes, but people are also gonna be back. Certainly not if he is carrying an AK around.

I am a gun advocate, but that doesn't mean I think there should be no gun restrictions. The Bill of Rights does absolutely give us the right to bear arms, but we can't just say "Hey it says we have the right to bear arms. I want my RPG." There obviously needs to be some restrictions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,336
Default

I can put a 30 round mag in a glock with a red dot on it, so we're arguing over what? A buttstock? The term "assault weapons/rifle" is media-driven.
ShredLife is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

A glock is only gonna fire pistol rounds. Unless you modify it to fire other rounds. In which case it isn't a pistol anymore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,641
Default

i feel like this "asshole/bully" argument of yours is bullshit. people cant just go around being an asshole just because they have a rifle.
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,336
Default

[QUOTE=ThunderChunky;520520]A glock is only gonna fire pistol rounds.[b/QUOTE]

So what?
ShredLife is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
sk8_choco21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Socal, CA , Mt. High
Posts: 99
Default

I think the Bill of Rights was referring more to this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family%20guy%20bear%20arms.jpg (20.4 KB, 64 views)
sk8_choco21 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

[QUOTE=ShredLife;520540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
A glock is only gonna fire pistol rounds.[b/QUOTE]

So what?
Pistol rounds are not as lethal unless you are very close. And even still most rifles will be just a deadly up close.

I get you snowolf. I agree with everything you just said. I get it now, but I still don't see a need to carry it around. Quite honestly it would be a nascence. I agree that there is really no viable reason why not, other than accidents, and we have the right too. I just don't think it should be legal in metropolitan areas, mainly cause it would do more harm than good. That is not including the cities where it is a common and accepted thing. And I agree it is an issue that needs to be dealt with by locality.

All I can say is, I really I wish I lived where it was legal to own actual guns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums