One Hell of a Cop - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Cr0_Reps_Smit;520833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post

just because you dont "see a need" as to why people should be allowed to carry rifles in a city doesnt mean it should be made illegal. the right to bare arms is there in case our government ever becomes too tyrannical like when we broke away from the English and have to put them back in there place. if that ever happens im sure citys will be the first thing they try to control.
I agree something shouldn't be illegal just because it isn't practical. But when it comes to deadly weapons it's a little different. There is no practical need for automatics, but some states allow them. Should the same be applied for RPGs and grenades? There is no reason to have them, but that doesn't mean they should illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
[QUOTE=ThunderChunky;520888]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post

I agree something shouldn't be illegal just because it isn't practical. But when it comes to deadly weapons it's a little different. There is no practical need for automatics, but some states allow them. Should the same be applied for RPGs and grenades? There is no reason to have them, but that doesn't mean they should illegal?
he just gave you the reason. if you need more help then read the 2nd amendment.
ShredLife is offline  
post #53 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
this is not and has never been a question of caliber or velocity or grainweight of bullets or any of that nonsense so i am not sure why you keep bringing it up.

exponentially more people are murdered by handguns every year, so i ask you again - what is your point?
So if an accident happens with a firearm it doesn't matter if it's a pellet gun or a Barrett .50?

More people are murdered by handguns because they are more practical and tactical at close range. Also it it much harder to smuggle and hide an M4. Pistols are much more accessible than assault rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #54 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=ShredLife;520890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post

he just gave you the reason. if you need more help then read the 2nd amendment.
So I should be able to own an RPG and any other weapon I choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #55 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
at this point i am not even sure what your argument is.

are you against the open carry of higher calibers or are you against the open carry of all rifles or are you against the open carry of scary looking "Assault Weapons"

if it were up to you could i open carry a:

1. AR-15 ?

2. M&P 15-22 ?

3. 30-06 hunting rifle ?

4. Uzi ?

5. P90/Ps90 ?

6. FN FiveSeven Pistol ?
ShredLife is offline  
post #56 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,697
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post

So I should be able to own an RPG and any other weapon I choose?
honestly, if you are a mentally stable adult and pass whatever kinds of tests that would have to be in place for owning such things, yea why not.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
post #57 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 696
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post

If you honestly think the average pistol round at 15+ yards is does more damage than the average rifle round you clearly need to educate yourself. We don't want idiots like that handling firearms.
No one is debating that a rifle is more deadly than a handgun. To act like a handgun isn't lethal at range though is asinine. A round can penetrate skin when traveling as slow as 150 ft/s, and penetrate the skull at as low as 200 ft/s. A 9mm round can travel as far as 1.36 miles and still be traveling at 300 ft/s. The problem is a handgun doesn't have enough rifling to spin the bullet fast enough to avoid tumbling, so it loses it's accuracy quickly. This has nothing to do with the lethality of the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Hunting accidents with pistols, little to none. With rifles, much higher. There is a reason.
what the hell does this have to do with whether someone should be allowed to open carry a rifle? I'm not sure what kind of argument you're trying to make here. People don't hunt with pistols...deer and game are shot with rifles and shotguns, so of course people aren't injured by pistols when they're hunting.

That's like saying that more hockey goals are scored using hockey sticks as opposed to baseball bats...

Last edited by backstop13; 09-25-2012 at 02:07 PM.
backstop13 is offline  
post #58 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,697
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
That's like saying that more hockey goals are scored using hockey sticks as opposed to baseball bats...
hahaha, thats exactly what i was thinking when he said that


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
post #59 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
No one is debating that a rifle is more deadly than a handgun. To act like a handgun isn't lethal at range though is asinine. A round can penetrate skin when traveling as slow as 150 ft/s, and penetrate the skull at as low as 200 ft/s. A 9mm round can travel as far as 1.36 miles and still be traveling at 300 ft/s. The problem is a handgun doesn't have enough rifling to spin the bullet fast enough to avoid tumbling, so it loses it's accuracy quickly. This has nothing to do with the lethality of the round.



what the hell does this have to do with whether someone should be allowed to open carry a rifle? I'm not sure what kind of argument you're trying to make here. People don't hunt with pistols...deer and game are shot with rifles and shotguns, so of course people aren't injured by pistols when they're hunting.

That's like saying that more hockey goals are scored using hockey sticks as opposed to baseball bats...
People definitely hunt with pistols. Quite common. There reason there aren't accidents as often is because they have much less power and cannot travel as far. Same thing with shotguns. The lethality of a pistol round that is accidentally shot past 15 yards is extremely low versus a rifle. That is my point.


The only thing I am against is open carry in metropolitan areas with anything but a pistol. An accident with a rifle is gonna be much more deadly than a pistol. That is all I'm saying. And again like snowolf said I am not saying all metropolitan areas. It should be based on both the likely hood of an accident, how deadly it would be if there was an accident, and how the culture is there.

I've seen far to many accidents to say there should be no restrictions on guns. People need to realize that accidents are 100% avoidable, but do happen. So why expose ourselves to that much more deadly risk of that accident for no benefit. If there is no benefit and negatives to it then it should at least be up for debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #60 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
you have no valid argument.
ShredLife is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome