Mitt Romney for President? - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

Well well well.....here we go!! Obama will control you with a police state(reference NDAA, anti-protest bill). Rommeny will control you by taking all your money. Everyone is so fucking brainwashed it's not even funny, "I'm voting for this guy just so I don't have to vote for that guy" "I'm voting for the lesser of 2 evils because blah blah blah" Either way you vote, bend over, lube up and prepare to get fucked!

If everyone that voted for the other guy because they don't like the other other guy would BOYCOTT the fuckin election, then we might have something. Waste a vote....are you people fucking kidding!! All votes for president are a waste, it's already decided long before the polls are open. Please learn some history before anyone labels me a conspiracy nut The Electoral College - Controversial Elections It doesn't matter who you vote for at all, if the popular vote doesn't say what they want it to say, they just skew the results. Who owns the machines that you vote on, who counts those results, who controls the media that reports those results....

Jello Biafra said it better in the 80's *Insert names to fit the times*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Kennedys
We've got a bigger problem now
Last call for alcohol.
Last call for your freedom of speech.
Drink up. Happy hour is now enforced by law.
Don't forget our house special, it's called a Trickie Dickie Screwdriver.
It's got one part Jack Daniels, two parts purple Kool-Aid,
and a jigger of formaldehyde
from the jar with Hitler's brain in it we got in the back storeroom.
Happy trails to you. Happy trails to you.

I am Emperor Ronald Reagan
Born again with fascist cravings
Still, you made me president

Human rights will soon go 'way
I am now your Shah today
Now I command all of you
Now you're going to pray in school
I'll make sure they're Christian too

California Uber alles
Uber alles California

Ku Klux Klan will control you
Still you think it's natural
Nigger knockin' for the master race
Still you wear the happy face

You closed your eyes, can't happen here
Alexander Haig is near
Vietnam won't come back you say
Join the army or you will pay

California Uber alles
Uber alles California

Yeah, that's it. Just relax.
Have another drink, few more pretzels, little more MSG.
Turn on those Dallas Cowboys on your TV.
Lock your doors. Close your mind.
It's time for the two-minute warning.

Welcome to 1984
Are you ready for the third world war?!?
You too will meet the secret police
They'll draft you and they'll jail your niece

You'll go quitely to boot camp
They'll shoot you dead, make you a man
Don't you worry, it's for a cause
Feeding global corporations' claws

Die on our brand new poison gas
El Salvador or Afghanistan
Making money for President Reagan
And all the friends of President Reagan

California Uber alles
Uber alles California
Kind of funny that when that song was written our mortal enemy's The Russians were in Afghanistan, but now we are so go ahead and vote for this guy cause that guys sucks....nothing will change...absolute power corrupts absolutely...this 2 party bullshit has ruined our country, brainwashed all of you into believing you have no choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.'"

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."
Any of you ever ACTUALLY think about WHY the church is so against birth control? Why they encourage people to have large families even though the planet is WAY over populated? I'll tell you why. It's to have more control, think about it, the more over populated the planet becomes, the less resources there are to go around, that means more poor worker bees that don't have time to look at what's going on around them. So keep on keepin on, have your pointless debates about which is better, waste what little critical thinking skills you have left trying to figure out which one is the less crooked and corrupt.

**Please note; this post is not directed at any one individual, even though I say "you" a lot, it is a blanket statement meaning you ad you and you and you and you...

That is all folks, class dismissed, you may continue grazing....
__________________

Last edited by JeffreyCH; 09-26-2012 at 05:28 AM.
JeffreyCH is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 680
Default

completely agree with you, but the problem is so many people are caught up in their own bullshit existence they don't take the time to look around and witness all the fucked-up-edness going on around them.

Don't get me wrong, I love football, but could you imagine the kind of shit American citizens could get done if they got as upset about shitty political policies as they did about replacement referees?
backstop13 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
With extra cheese.
 
CheeseForSteeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Dude! You're killing me here. I totally understand how you feel and why you feel this way but let me ask you a couple questions and answer honestly.

1) Do you think a Romney presidency will make things worse for most Americans?

2) Do you think that in spite of his shortcomings that Obama has improved things from where they were in 2009?

3) Do you think the powers that be give a Rat's ass about your "protest vote"?

4) If the answer to number 1 and 2 are yes and Romney wins simply because too many people who felt as you do, did the same thing rather that consider the greater good, how will you feel about that?

Personally in my opinion, unless you genuinely support Romney, a protest vote like this is a very selfish act. By doing it, you very well could be the reason we all have to suffer at the hands of this shitbag Romney and you will have betrayed the 99% of your countrymen!

You are of course free to do as you like; that is your right. I just want you to really think about it and the potential consequences of your actions upon all of us.

Again, I am HUGELY dissatisfied with Obama and am not being a cheerleader. I just realize what an unprecedented and unmitigated disaster Romney will be! Sometimes the greater good requires us to put standing up for principle in a secondary position for a moment.
The Romney supporters, either those that really do see him as a good candidate or those who are voting for him to "vote against Obama", are telling the third party, undecided (me) and the write-ins the same thing.
CheeseForSteeze is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
C.B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Dude! You're killing me here. I totally understand how you feel and why you feel this way but let me ask you a couple questions and answer honestly.

1) Do you think a Romney presidency will make things worse for most Americans?

2) Do you think that in spite of his shortcomings that Obama has improved things from where they were in 2009?

3) Do you think the powers that be give a Rat's ass about your "protest vote"?

4) If the answer to number 1 and 2 are yes and Romney wins simply because too many people who felt as you do, did the same thing rather that consider the greater good, how will you feel about that?

Personally in my opinion, unless you genuinely support Romney, a protest vote like this is a very selfish act. By doing it, you very well could be the reason we all have to suffer at the hands of this shitbag Romney and you will have betrayed the 99% of your countrymen!

You are of course free to do as you like; that is your right. I just want you to really think about it and the potential consequences of your actions upon all of us.

Again, I am HUGELY dissatisfied with Obama and am not being a cheerleader. I just realize what an unprecedented and unmitigated disaster Romney will be! Sometimes the greater good requires us to put standing up for principle in a secondary position for a moment.
1. Probably

2. Probably

3. Yep, maybe not in this election, but its becoming evident to them thats there is a growing movement against the bullshit.

4.If enough people do as I do we could see a 3rd party and one that actually stands up for the people, and I would feel good about that, but too many people think like you and vote for a sub-par candidate just to keep another shitty one from office(which is what got us into this shit system in the first place)

Well we could have 4-8 bad years of romney, and maybe thats what people would need to see what long term changes we need to make in our political system.

Minnesota is going to go obama (especially my district its super liberal here) and due to our fucked up electoral voting system so will any opinion I had. The likelihood of Romney getting elected because of my vote is non-existent.
C.B. is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post

4.If enough people do as I do we could see a 3rd party and one that actually stands up for the people, and I would feel good about that, but too many people think like you and vote for a sub-par candidate just to keep another shitty one from office(which is what got us into this shit system in the first place)

.
a viable 3rd party will never happen, no matter how reasonable it is. There are way too many large corporations in the pockets of the politicians to allow for this.
backstop13 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auburn,CA
Posts: 403
Default

I'm not a Romney supporter at all, but do you really think Obama is the president to get big money and lobbyists out? I actually had hope that Obama would be different when he first got elected, but I feel like he is just the typical politician just towing the line.
kctahoe is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 35
Default

I don't really care for politics because they never talk about the important issues... Like gettin bitches.
cm4short is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm4short View Post
I don't really care for politics because they never talk about the important issues... Like gettin bitches.
For serious.

edit: wait short memory lapse (typical, self-medicated) ol' Billy C was a playa!
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 09-27-2012 at 02:11 AM.
snowklinger is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
With extra cheese.
 
CheeseForSteeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Of course they are and they are correct as I am. Every election is ultimately decided by the fence riders. I am a part of the democratic base and it takes something extraordinary for me to vote Republican. Republicans have their base too. Our country has always been pretty much a 50/50 split and therefore every election is really decided by guys like you.

The point I make is regardless which way you lean, a throw away vote is a de facto vote for the other guy. Obviously I hope you vote against Romney but truly, if you really think his ideas are better for the country than Obama's you should vote against Obama.

While there is truth in what Jefery is saying, I am not yet THAT cynical and still believe our votes matter. At least so long as we all do so in enough mass to make it impossible to steal. Boycotting elections is a pipe dream. The reality is it will never happen and all that will result is allowing political operatives to decide for us. Sure, that may already be happening but if we do as suggested, it legitimizes it and democracy is not stolen; we surrender it. I don't give a fuck how pointless it may seem, voting is the clearest form of free speech and I refuse to roll over and surrender.
If I write in Ronald McDonald (running mate Grimace of course) so everyone can have free McDoubles I would not be voting for Obama. Nor would I be voting for Romney. Am I therefore voting for both Romney and Obama?
CheeseForSteeze is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
If I write in Ronald McDonald (running mate Grimace of course) so everyone can have free McDoubles I would not be voting for Obama. Nor would I be voting for Romney. Am I therefore voting for both Romney and Obama?
Can you even still "write in" a vote? or is it push button a or b? If you can I'm voting for ME with Johnny Walker as my running mate.
__________________
JeffreyCH is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums