Religion Debunked. - Page 34 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #331 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Your all so intelligent about this subject. Let's say we start a debate about panheads vs shovelhead or small block vs big vs flathead.
I mean real stuff, not fiction. You know the stuff real men debate about.
Toyota uses/used hemisperical heads on their engines for years without labelling them as such. Course Dodge has to go and call it "HEMI" and make a big deal about it.

Besides, Toyota 4-cyl > American V8s...

HA HA!
poutanen is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #332 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,594
Blog Entries: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Your all so intelligent about this subject. Let's say we start a debate about panheads vs shovelhead or small block vs big vs flathead.
I mean real stuff, not fiction. You know the stuff real men debate about.
Feel free. In the off-topic area. No rule against it.
__________________

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #333 (permalink)
Member
 
devo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: binghetto, N.Y.
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Toyota uses/used hemisperical heads on their engines for years without labelling them as such. Course Dodge has to go and call it "HEMI" and make a big deal about it.

Besides, Toyota 4-cyl > American V8s...

HA HA!
hondas and acuras use hemispherical heads as well because its a very efficient combustion model. The Welch Motor Company is supposedly the first manufacturer to use it.
And yes Toyota motors are more reliable but they are not more fun.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Feel free. In the off-topic area. No rule against it.
I probably would if it were a topic I wanted to debate or I thought it would be worth it. I don't see a lot of interest here. And besides there are better forums for that.

I think its pretty obvious I'm just trying to be a douche. Sorry, sarcasm is my only quality.
I grew up in a religious family, I'm not. I'll go away now.
You cheeky bastards!!!
__________________
"If you dont live for something, you'll die for nothing"-Jasta
devo is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #334 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 844
Default

❝Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.❞ - Frantz Fanon
SnowOwl is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #335 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Slush Puppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: French Alps
Posts: 317
Default

Not just us at it either btw.. Big Bang and religion mixed in Cern debate


In a nutshell though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 293703_10151266879828554_914693373_n.jpg (24.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Slush Puppie; 10-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Slush Puppie is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #336 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush Puppie View Post
In a nutshell...

Not just us at it either btw.. Big Bang and religion mixed in Cern debate

.
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown lol
SnowOwl is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #337 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Slush Puppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: French Alps
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
❝Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.❞ - Frantz Fanon
True dat. One of the reasons I find belief systems so fascinating.
Slush Puppie is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #338 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Slush Puppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: French Alps
Posts: 317
Default

For those who are in the "can't quite wrap my head around how evolution could create such complex beings without help" camp, here's an interesting article in which scientist at Bristol University England have been able to model the evolution of sight over a timescale 700 million years using...

"...computational analysis to test every hypothesis of opsin evolution proposed to date. The analysis incorporated all available genomic information from all relevant animal lineages, including a newly sequenced group of sponges (Oscarella carmela) and the Cnidarians, a group of animals thought to have possessed the world's earliest eyes.

Using this information, the researchers developed a timeline with an opsin ancestor common to all groups appearing some 700 million years ago."

Bristol University | News from the University | Evolution of vision

Over a timescale that long - which we are barely able to comprehend - perhaps you might start to see a lot less need for a 'designer' or even a 'guider' as an explanation for our present day complexity.
Slush Puppie is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums