Just in time for a bloody Xmas - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas
 
PaoloSmythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Only British blaady Columbia!!!
Posts: 4,622
Default Just in time for a bloody Xmas

Israel Calls Up Thousands Of Reservists - Yahoo! News UK

With the news that America could achieve imminent oil independence, Israel was bound to feel compelled to do something before 'big brother' reduced its interests in the region. And so it is better for Israel to re-establish control of its neighbour now before too many Iranians move into Gaza.

Meanwhile, Syria (or someone claiming to be Syrian) should see this as a chance to do something in Golan so as to finally afford the current US president a justification for his war. Every Prez has one you know!?

In other news, Whistler opens this weekend.
__________________
Just coz you don't understand it
Doesn't mean it makes no sense!
PaoloSmythe is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Perpetual3am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,212
Default

So the cycle repeats itself again and again. It doesn't matter who did what as both sides have plenty of reasons to hate each other. Hamas can't stop sending missiles into Israel and then gets butthurt when an Israel airstrike kills a child, and Israel takes any provocation to inflict a disproportionate amount of force. More people die, families and friends join the fight and it goes on and on.

Absolutely tragic, but I honestly believe that nothing can be done about it.

Haven't been here since last season, good to see some of the usual suspects.
__________________
"This comment brought to you by Bombay Gin"
Perpetual3am is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 168
Default

That is absolute bullshit. What Israel are doing can be justified because Hamas fired a few shells into neighbouring 'Jewish' land?

Whats happening in Gaza is genocide and part of the worst war crimes committed since the world war. The land Hamas are firing on use to be Palestinian land until the peaceful people where shot tortuned and burned from their homes, everything bulldozed and these Jewish settlements were created.. All in the name of these Zionist Jews 'devine right' to own the land.

Now 1.5 million people live behind a wall guarded by Israeli military in appalling conditions. Back a group of people into a corner like that and you are eventually going to see them hit back.



"When Israelis in the occupied territories now claim that they have to defend themselves, they are defending themselves in the sense that any military occupier has to defend itself against the population they are crushing... You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land. That's not defense. Call it what you like, it's not defense."

~ Noam Chomsky
Richie67 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
2hipp4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flatrock
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie67 View Post
That is absolute bullshit. What Israel are doing can be justified because Hamas fired a few shells into neighbouring 'Jewish' land?

Whats happening in Gaza is genocide and part of the worst war crimes committed since the world war. The land Hamas are firing on use to be Palestinian land until the peaceful people where shot tortuned and burned from their homes, everything bulldozed and these Jewish settlements were created.. All in the name of these Zionist Jews 'devine right' to own the land.

Now 1.5 million people live behind a wall guarded by Israeli military in appalling conditions. Back a group of people into a corner like that and you are eventually going to see them hit back.

"When Israelis in the occupied territories now claim that they have to defend themselves, they are defending themselves in the sense that any military occupier has to defend itself against the population they are crushing... You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land. That's not defense. Call it what you like, it's not defense."

~ Noam Chomsky
You might want to check your history Richie, Go back more then 100 years, try a few thousand. If there is any group of people who have a legitimate claim to those lands it is the Jews.
2hipp4u is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
You might want to check your history Richie, Go back more then 100 years, try a few thousand. If there is any group of people who have a legitimate claim to those lands it is the Jews.
How far would you like me to go back? Back to when the land was originally owned and occupied by The Canaanites and not the Jewish? The history of the land is up for debate, historically and biblically. And the Jewish may or may not have a legitimate claim to the land depending on your opinion.

What they do not have a legitimate claim to do is persecute the Palestinian people like they have. Its an attrocity on just a big a scale as what the Jews themselves faced during the WW yet no Western nation wants to get involved, the conditions these people are living with every day are beyond our wildest nightmares and nobody is willing to help.
Richie67 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
You might want to check your history Richie, Go back more then 100 years, try a few thousand. If there is any group of people who have a legitimate claim to those lands it is the Jews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie67 View Post
How far would you like me to go back? Back to when the land was originally owned and occupied by The Canaanites and not the Jewish? The history of the land is up for debate, historically and biblically. And the Jewish may or may not have a legitimate claim to the land depending on your opinion.

What they do not have a legitimate claim to do is persecute the Palestinian people like they have. Its an attrocity on just a big a scale as what the Jews themselves faced during the WW yet no Western nation wants to get involved, the conditions these people are living with every day are beyond our wildest nightmares and nobody is willing to help.
I'm sure between the 2 of you, you've got it all figured out. If only you could go explain it to all them oil hoarding camel jockeys.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
2hipp4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flatrock
Posts: 371
Default

There is no debate or argument to be made on who has ancestral heritage to the land going back over 3000 years, you can try but facts are facts.

As to the so called persecution of arab muslim occupiers (some like to call them palistinains) your outrage is misplaced and with all due respect, its laughable. These arab terrorists bring everything they get upon themselves.

Their poor pity me act seems to be working on you and many others who wish to believe the lies and propaganda they put forth. Sad sad sad.
2hipp4u is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
There is no debate or argument to be made on who has ancestral heritage to the land going back over 3000 years, you can try but facts are facts.
Really? Do these facts involve 7 24 hour days of creation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
As to the so called persecution of arab muslim occupiers (some like to call them palistinains) your outrage is misplaced and with all due respect, its laughable. These arab terrorists bring everything they get upon themselves.

Their poor pity me act seems to be working on you and many others who wish to believe the lies and propaganda they put forth. Sad sad sad.
I'm no anti-semite or arab lover by a long shot, but the displacement of peoples by the creation of the state of Israel as a reaction of guilt to what was allowed to happen on another continent in WW2 is really where most of our modern problems come from. And think about it. The notoriously "christian" west, always with a zionist twinkle in its eye regardless of how un-jewish it is, whatever excuse we can all use to be evil to each other...

We all deserve nothing better than death, especially those who seek it so hungrily.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 11-17-2012 at 03:46 AM.
snowklinger is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
2hipp4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flatrock
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Really? Do these facts involve 7 24 hour days of creation?



I'm no anti-semite or arab lover by a long shot, but the displacement of peoples by the creation of the state of Israel as a reaction of guilt to what was allowed to happen on another continent in WW2 is really where most of our modern problems come from. And think about it. The notoriously "christian" west, always with a zionist twinkle in its eye regardless of how un-jewish it is, whatever excuse we can all use to be evil to each other...

We all deserve nothing better than death, especially those who seek it so hungrily.
I was not trying to imply that the supposed word of God and the promise made was a fact. I just refer to the many kingdoms of Israel that have risen and fell over the last 3000 years, many of which happend before the supposed profit Mohammed got wasted and wrote down a bunch of horseshit and declared it the word of god.

If there was ever a people who have been persecuted and displaced multiple times throughout their history it is the jews.

I have my own faith, its mine and I don't reveal it to anyone. Its to bad islam, Christianity, Jewish faith and all the others can't practice what they claim to believe..
Religion is all about power and control which to me makes it all bullshit.
2hipp4u is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
religion is all about power and control which to me makes it all bullshit.
agreed.

I just think most of the stuff about the jews gettin screwed, while maybe facts, is being used as propaganda to further anything and everything whether it has any connection to those original "facts" or not.

At least we've been diligent to try and go to the middle east and fuck them up on a regular basis ever since we figured out how to make armies and go over there.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is online now  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums