Bob Costas and NBC just shat upon the 2cd Amendment on Sunday Night Football - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If guns kill people than forks makes US fat lets ban tham too while we on it. More people die in car accidents than by gun shots why would we not ban them as well? Gun is the leas efficient way to kill a person if you dont belive do ur research.
snajper69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim Mak 1470 View Post
Do you think we should have background checks at the archery store, Home Depot, Sport Chalet too? There are dangerous things like knives, bats, saws, hammers, etc.
I think we should not be allowed to by anything that's heavy,pointy, or that's not intended for the age bracket of 1-4
cd21 is offline  
post #53 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd21 View Post
I think we should not be allowed to by anything that's heavy,pointy, or that's not intended for the age bracket of 1-4
please tell me youre trolling
seant46 is offline  
post #54 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
please tell me youre trolling
lol im joking
cd21 is offline  
post #55 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd21 View Post
lol im joking
My faith in humanity is back again!

My bad only doubted your post because you had just joined last month apparently it says

Last edited by seant46; 12-03-2012 at 10:22 PM.
seant46 is offline  
post #56 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
My faith in humanity is back again!

My bad only doubted your post because you had just joined last month
look at my posts


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cd21 is offline  
post #57 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyo View Post
You think the guy would have killed his girlfriend some other way? knife? archery? poison? Maybe but I think less likable.
So this comment prompted my response to you since it was building up with the mess you are posting. A murderer is a murderer. Once that person decides to kill him/herself or someone else a means will be found to carry out that goal. The gun is just the tool used to commit the act. If he didn't have a gun, he would have grabbed something else or strangled his g/f. It isn't less of a chance of him carrying out his goal. The problem with the hippie liberals in this country is that all they see is the small percentages that tdn broke down for you and not the whole, larger picture that states gun related deaths are nowhere near as large an issue that you and others think. You are a drone that just listens to the media and doesn't question 1. How many of these guns are legally purchased vs illegally purchased and 2. What is the ratio of hit and run deaths, stabbings, stranglings etc etc. Wake up... WWII is another example. The Japanese debated heavily about invading the US, but the assumption that every American owned a gun detered them from walking into a suicide mission. You are right, just because you own a gun doesn't mean you will ever use it for defense, but it is a deterant, just like a car alarm. Some people don't listen to the warning and still try to take your things or do harm to you.

As for Costas.... Idiot. As others stated, people want to watch football, not hear his bs banter.

Last edited by sleev-les; 12-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.
sleev-les is offline  
post #58 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez, I was done with this but ok.
Stupid postings like, "let's get rid of forks because they make you fat" or " let's get rid of cars because they have more death related accidents" makes me sad.
Ignorance at its best.
When you start insulting me for MY opinions makes you ignorant as well.
People in this world have different opinions in every subject and sometimes theres not a "correct" one.

I'm a drone that listens to the media????
O yeah, I'm sure the prime minister himself told you that they were thinking of invading the us.

Now to the subject, again another tragedy in Portland. Yeah I'm sure that guy would have grabbed a fork and started killing those people with it if he didn't had a gun.
goyo is offline  
post #59 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyo View Post
Geez, I was done with this but ok.
Stupid postings like, "let's get rid of forks because they make you fat" or " let's get rid of cars because they have more death related accidents" makes me sad.
Ignorance at its best.
When you start insulting me for MY opinions makes you ignorant as well.
People in this world have different opinions in every subject and sometimes theres not a "correct" one.

I'm a drone that listens to the media????
O yeah, I'm sure the prime minister himself told you that they were thinking of invading the us.

Now to the subject, again another tragedy in Portland. Yeah I'm sure that guy would have grabbed a fork and started killing those people with it if he didn't had a gun.
...and yet you neglect to produce a valid responce to any key point I posted. I respect opinion, but you dodge the point with trash. Read some history about my Japan comment instead of being ignorant to reality and doing nothing but poking back with nonsense. I'm not insulting your opinion, I'm insulting that your opinions are dodgy at best. If you want to debate, put some weight to it instead of the "I know you are but what am I" responses.

Last edited by sleev-les; 12-12-2012 at 11:36 AM.
sleev-les is offline  
post #60 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BK NYC
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
...and yet you neglect to produce a valid responce to any key point I posted. I respect opinion, but you dodge the point with trash. Read some history about my Japan comment instead of being ignorant to reality and doing nothing but poking back with nonsense. I'm not insulting your opinion, I'm insulting that your opinions are dodgy at best. If you want to debate, put some weight to it instead of the "I know you are but what am I" responses.
Even if the Japanese were deterred by facing armed civilians, how is that relevant to our lives now? Is there really still a threat for invasion? Dont get me wrong, Im all for guns. But living in nyc, and being a VICTIM of the misuse of just one, Im all for heavier regulation of them all.
eli783 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome