Gun Control Debate thread - Page 21 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #201 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Perhaps we could all crap on something about France tomorrow? Or better yet policies in China. Id be happy to lead that one...
Fuckin France...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #202 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
I'm not trying to make this a US vs Canada and I don't think "I" have.

What should also be pointed out are the *millions* of average, everyday people that have a gun, rifle, permit to carry a gun or do not have a permit that don't carry illegally. That have never committed a crime. We are everyday folks that go to church, school, work, have kids, pay mortgage or rent.

You don't read about us in the paper, we are not a statistic of carnage. We might be a snowboarding dad on a forum, guy driving his kids to a sporting event in the minivan next to you, maybe your boss.

We are the majority of people who own guys that you would never know about. Are we the subject to have our, I know *right again* taken away????
It may not be perfect but there is NO way it can ever be. There is a flaw or loop hole in everything.
Not to mention teacher
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
jdthai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Told ya there are dicks in Canada too . Besides, Baseball?! Isnt that mainly played by cubans now?
SSSSSsssshhhhhhh...

Don't tell them.....

The cubans like to fly under the USrAdar...
..or, at least they said last time I visited...

- JD
jdthai is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #204 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Told ya there are dicks in Canada too . Besides, Baseball?! Isnt that mainly played by cubans now?
Not sure but a few years back in highschool baseball seemed to be strictly for gingers and band members ha.

Oh look now im being a hypocrite going off topic
seant46 is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #205 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,649
Default

if guns are so bad how does Switerland make it work? every male from 20-30 is issued a Sig 550 rifle and properly trained in its use.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #206 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 8
Default Australian story

The last mass Shooting was the Port Arthur Massacre in Tasmania
By Martin Bryant
After which there was a national buy back of guns
since then there has been mostly crimanal gun crimes, and no mass shootings
Unless your paid to go to War, live as a farmer or paid to hunt animals, or live in isolation in the outback/wilderness.
there is little purpose in owning a gun
in high density/ city living there is no purpose to owning one
my 2 cents
John
jackthelad is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #207 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Sassicaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
if guns are so bad how does Switerland make it work? every male from 20-30 is issued a Sig 550 rifle and properly trained in its use.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Certainly an interesting point, and one which I am well aware of. Being a German citizen as well as Canadian i was almost sent to Rekrutenschule for mandatory 2 year enlistment. Similar to Switzerland all Germans are required to go (not keep the guns after thou).


While I certainly cant say for sure why switzerland doesn't have as high a level of gun violence I can say that its a night and day different culture. They have no military, and being a neutral country do not partake in any military conflicts what so ever. Violence, settling things with guns and military arsenal is simply not in them. Another thing to consider is that like the members of the US military they are properly trained to use and respect fire arms. I'd be interested to see, but id venture a guess that the number of military personal in the US that commit gun crimes is probably proportionately lower then civilians? Just a guess.

Id say its more to do with their culture of not buying guns to protect themselfs from other gun owners.
Sassicaia is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #208 (permalink)
mjd
Senior Member
 
mjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: neverbored RI
Posts: 375
Default

fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! just shoot yourself in the face- ultimate pure gun love.
__________________
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
mjd is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #209 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Certainly an interesting point, and one which I am well aware of. Being a German citizen as well as Canadian i was almost sent to Rekrutenschule for mandatory 2 year enlistment. Similar to Switzerland all Germans are required to go (not keep the guns after thou).


While I certainly cant say for sure why switzerland doesn't have as high a level of gun violence I can say that its a night and day different culture. They have no military, and being a neutral country do not partake in any military conflicts what so ever. Violence, settling things with guns and military arsenal is simply not in them. Another thing to consider is that like the members of the US military they are properly trained to use and respect fire arms. I'd be interested to see, but id venture a guess that the number of military personal in the US that commit gun crimes is probably proportionately lower then civilians? Just a guess.

Id say its more to do with their culture of not buying guns to protect themselfs from other gun owners.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Though it's lower, it's not incredibly lower. I specifically remember a case were an officer went to a homecoming celebration and killed everyone. A whole company came home from deployment and was killed by their own when they walked in and saw their families. Suicide is a HUGE thing in the military too. We have to watch suicide prevention videos every damn day. They do quite the opposite.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #210 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 2,987
Default

This doesn't help my argument but this was the shooting by me one month ago.

Multiple shooting at salon ex-marine

I stand behind all my posts. I wish this was more of a why people resort to this than the gun did this but I"m on topic.
__________________
-I'm Slyder and I suffer from "Gummer Syndrome"
slyder is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums