Gun Control Debate thread - Page 30 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #291 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,713
Blog Entries: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita2JZGTE View Post
Again you ignore the fact that at least in America, guns have statistically been shown to save more innocent lives than to take lives, in terms of defensive deployment vs murders; and you can argue with statistics all day in order to legitimize your agenda but the facts remain.

Obviously nobody in this forum is going to be swayed to change sides so really it's a pointless debate.

But I hope some of you can at least open your minds to all of the aspects surrounding this discussion,
Interesting that you're complaining about everyone "ignoring facts" yet you haven't even come close to responding to anyone else's points. All you do is repeat the same mantra and complain about how no-one else can handle "facts". How about actually participating in the discussion instead of just pontificating?
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #292 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Sassicaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 598
Default

Now is the time to talk guns, mental illness - CNN.com

"This nation, whether we want to admit it not, is one that is fascinated and enraptured with guns. It courses through our veins like heroin shooting through the arms of an addict. We love to see it in our movies, video games, on television, and then we'll fiercely defend the right to bear arms, all while flagrantly waving the U.S. Constitution in the face of anyone who objects."

"There is absolutely no reason why we need as many guns in America. None. It simply shouldn't be the way of life others are so quick to defend. There is absolutely no doubt that we need tough and stringent gun control. Not solely to prevent murders like those in Connecticut, but to remove the option when someone is angered, depressed or in the case of too many, mentally ill."
Sassicaia is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #293 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Oh, my bad. I thought when he posted "VT" he meant "CT". Still, I stand by my point that it is these weapons that have been used far more than pistols that we should be focused on. If I went crazy and walked into a mall with Ruger, I have six shots and it takes time to empty the cylinder and reload. If I freak out and go into the mall with a bushmaster, I have 50 rounds with as many additional 50 round clips as I can carry and it takes less than 2 seconds to drop a clip and slam another in. We have far bigger priorities than handguns. His personal issues with handguns are blinding his vision to the bigger problem.
seriously dude? he wasn't shooting them from 100yds. Any gun would do the trick at classroom range. You can get a 30rd magazine for a glock too. Your argument doesn't hold up. I can also carry more 30rd glock magazines then AR magazines. Now what?

To prove your ignorance an AR magazine is 20-30 rounds also...
StreetDoc is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #294 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Default

Limit magazine size.

Now what?
Edge is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #295 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
My personal issues are with both hand guns and assault rifles. My issues are with them equally. Both are not needed for the general public and service nothing for the betterment of society, and in fact do the opposite.
I hope you get eaten by a bear someday That is if you actually get out and go hiking ever... I don't know about others but I don't enjoy carrying a 7+ lb rifle or shotgun with me every time I wanna go hiking. Also I'm referring more to Alaska then Colorado but still...

Last edited by budderbear; 12-15-2012 at 07:34 PM.
budderbear is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #296 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
I hope you get eaten by a bear someday That is if you actually get out and go hiking ever... I don't know about others but I don't enjoy carrying a 7+ lb rifle or shotgun with me every time I wanna go hiking.
except the bears here are really like big dogs...
StreetDoc is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #297 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Sassicaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
I hope you get eaten by a bear someday That is if you actually get out and go hiking ever...
I hike 3 times a week in the summer in bear country. I carry counter assault which is actually more successful and easier as a deterrent against a bear then a gun. I know...ive used it against a black bear. Easy, and the bear didnt have to die either.

like i said earlier....there were 2 deaths from bears last year in your country and mine combined. If it came down to allowing everyone to have hand guns and assault rifle vs those two people being eaten...id say let the bears win every time.
Sassicaia is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #298 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I hike 3 times a week in the summer in bear country. I carry counter assault which is actually more successful and easier as a deterrent against a bear then a gun. I know...ive used it against a black bear. Easy, and the bear didnt have to die either.

like i said earlier....there were 2 deaths from bears last year in your country and mine combined. If it came down to allowing everyone to have hand guns and assault rifle vs those two people being eaten...id say let the bears win every time.
Maybe because people took guns with themselves and defended themselves ? You take your pepper spray, I'll take my S&W 500 When you have someone break into your house and threaten you or your family with a gun maybe you'll wish you had one. How many crimes were stopped last year because of gun holders ? Assuming you have a wife or girlfriend, would you rather her get raped one day in an ally or have a deringer in her purse? Could she fit a rifle in that same purse? Pepper spray works on most humans but not pissed off ones on drugs like pcp. Sure it'll deter most bears, but not the pissed off one that is determined to eat you. Also, yes only 2 people where KILLED, but how many injured ? Because a couple idiots had to go shoot some places up is no excuse to say that pistols don't have their place. I do agree their is no need for assult rifles though, I can't think of one circumstance you would need an assult rifle, and definitely not with more then 10-15 rounds.

p.s. Most crime is committed with illegal weapons. Outlawing guns only harms the innocent citizens who would no longer be able to protect themselves. The guns where legal but they weren't even his, they where his moms. He shot her, stole her guns(registered to her, most likely bought for him), and car, and went to the school. For ever 1 nutjob there are "probably" a million honest law abiding normal citizens who respect guns. What happened was tragic no doubt, but how many people died that same day from starvation in Africa? We have far bigger problems in this world then guns. I would look forward to your rebuttal, but I'm done with this thread so have fun dismantling my comments without me

Last edited by budderbear; 12-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.
budderbear is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #299 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Sassicaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
Maybe because people took guns with themselves and defended themselves ? You take your pepper spray, I'll take my S&W 500
Well where you live you have to defend yourself against people with guns. Thats the problem.
Sassicaia is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #300 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
seriously dude? he wasn't shooting them from 100yds. Any gun would do the trick at classroom range. You can get a 30rd magazine for a glock too. Your argument doesn't hold up. I can also carry more 30rd glock magazines then AR magazines. Now what?

To prove your ignorance an AR magazine is 20-30 rounds also...
you know you can get 50 and 60 round magazines for the AR right?
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums