Enough of this shit - Page 11 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #101 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
Oh..and..you wanted a reason to not ban certain types of firearms? Here's the main one(besides it not doing anything to stop these things)
And you KNOW that it wont stop anything how? Or is it just your educated opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
We have armed bands of kooks running around this country who WILL resist. They are hard right fanatics that will fight for their perceived rights. It maybe a bloodbath but how many police officers do we sacrifice for a law that won't do anything? Do you really think that the militia types are just going to hand over their hardware? What about the violent street gangs that control large parts of our inner cities? How many innocents do you think will get caught in the crossfire? How many law abiding citizens will try to keep what they have, thus becoming criminals by default?
Do you really think the government would door knock at everyones house and ask them to turn in their weapons? I know here the law was changed and then the public were given 18months to hand in all the weapons they banned. Hardly a blood bath mate. When the 18 months were up i honestly don't know what happened and if they pursued people they knew had guns that weren't turned in, BUT i do know that no one was killed because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
I know you don't like any analogies, but let's look at the war on drugs. It's a complete failure, it has ruined countless lives, cost billions, is responsible for millions being jailed to the point of overcrowding so they let real criminals out early to make more room for drug offenders. Now what is a war on assault rifles going to do? If we treated drug addiction as a social problem, and focused more on rehabilitation it would solve a lot more of the problems then this silly "war"
Sooooo are you also saying make drugs legal? Another issue and a whole other argument. I also find it funny that you grade "real criminals" based on what they do. The FACT is that a criminal is someone who breaks the law (and in turn is prosecuted).

So what kind of criminals are you talking about? Cos i know the drug runners and cartels that kill in excess of 50000 people very year are just taking up room in our jails everywhere. While real criminals are let out.

Ohh and i agree, treat drug addiction as a social problem, but treat those who sell as the same as those who kill, cos effectively thats what they do. NOW BACK TO GUNS!! WOOHOO
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #102 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Which is why Australia banned all semi automatics, and it has worked for us. In fact you may not own a weapon that holds more than 3 rounds, unless you are an olympic shooter or something like that. And i believe there are some exceptions depending on if you live out in the sticks.




Some really good and valid points, education is key, parenting and mental health issues is also something that needs to take the bulk of the responsibility.

Where you are wrong is that you assume that limiting the guns and mag capacities wont do anything. Well it will do something, it will stop the average joe who wants to murder a lot of people from obtaining these weapons EASILY. Good for you and your contacts for illegal guns, I'm sure most people could scrounge one up if they had to. The point is that most citizens who are law abiding will not pursue this.



Well i lived there, I frequent there every year, I am married to an American, i have spent time in 40 of the 50 states, I went to college there and am as well educated as can be. I have lived in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia, worked in all of those continents and raised my family in most of them.

SO YEAH i would say i know more than many people born and raised there. Shit i will guarantee it. MOST Australians know more about the US than US citizens know about the rest of the world. As you stated it is about education and sorry to say the US education system eaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

And before you ask, i was on scholarship for basketball which is why i went to Uni there, otherwise i would have completed my studies here. (Which i have done a masters since returning).

No I didn't hang out with some "thug life" wanna be's, i was in a town called Lafayette Louisiana, where most people hunted on the weekends and carried pistols in their cars. Oh the gun pulling was in Denton texas (hardly a big city or gang controlled NYC).
Oh brother!! First you brag about getting a free education for bouncing a ball around, then you say our education system sucks? You have no clue what its like to grow up in a ghetto, cold and starving, with no way out, no opportunities. You have no idea what its like to be indoctrinated into a militant hate group in the backwoods of the south. You have no idea what its like to watch your 20/hr job go to China and being forced to figure out how to raise a family on min. wage. You hung out with a bunch of silver spoon idealists that think you can swipe a pen and fix everything. I'm sure you know everything about everything so there is no point debating anything with you, when you open your mind to the fact that the universe doesn't revolve around your perfect intelligence, then maybe you will open your eyes to the real world. We will ban all weapons declared evil by your Eminence, let the stand off's begin.
__________________
JeffreyCH is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #103 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
Oh brother!! First you brag about getting a free education for bouncing a ball around, then you say our education system sucks?
I didn't say it sucks, i said it leaves a lot to be desired, in fact it's ranked 17 of the 20 "developed countries" in the Education reports yearly. How many students there learn about anything other than the US? answer, very few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
You have no clue what its like to grow up in a ghetto, cold and starving, with no way out, no opportunities.
Do you? I thought you grew up on a farm? with rattlesnakes and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
You have no idea what its like to be indoctrinated into a militant hate group in the backwoods of the south.You have no idea what its like to watch your 20/hr job go to China and being forced to figure out how to raise a family on min. wage.
Again do you? Props to you if thats the case but don't assume because you've struggled at some point in your life that you are any more "life experienced" than other people.

SOOOO to sum it up;

Yep you're right i have no idea what its like to grow up in a ghetto, or to be introduced into a militant hate group or any of that other shit. I guess that makes me....what? what does that make me? ignorant maybe? (certainly not as ignorant as some) or maybe just lucky enough to have not experienced that upbringing.

First off i never bragged about shit (especially my "free" education in which i worked on a tighter schedule, longer hours, road trips, practice, etc etc while still graduating on time) so put your glasses on and read again. Apparently you know everything as well with the exception of the word "Hypocrite".

It doesn't bother me one bit that we disagree, it also doesn't bother me that you are undoubtedly obtuse in regards to the proposed gun law reforms. What does bother me is that you cant seem to get through your head that even if you don't kill people with assault rifles/semi auto rifles etc etc that other maniacs do. Laws are not made to protect people from law abiding citizens, they are made to further protect people from those who have no regards to others safety and right to live without fear of school massacres or alike.

Apparently you don't give a shit if this happens again because if you truly did you would do everything in your power to help prevent this without just stating as you have about banning CERTAIN guns "it just wont work". Wake up to yourself and pull your head in. Real change starts with ignorant people losing the attitude of "it just wont work".
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls

Last edited by cjcameron11; 12-27-2012 at 07:53 PM.
cjcameron11 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #104 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
if that's the case, then the afghanis and other "freedom" fighters have been shitting all over our "war on terror" for years now. If the drones are as bad ass as you claim they are, we shouldn't have been at war for over 10 years now...
We can't just go blowing up a bizarre because an HVT is there. If we were in America already killing civilians it wouldn't be an issue. Semantics are the reasons we can't win the war in Afghanistan. Notice how we dominated Iraq in a matter of weeks? Afghan is a political war, not a war fought with strategy and bullets.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
The world has sat idly and watched the Cuban Missle Crisis, China's bloody Cultural Revolution, Cambodia's Killing Fields, Rawanda, Vietnam, the Falkland Island War, 9/11 and the devasation of New Orleans. Frankly, in the event of a US civil war, most of the world would either shrug their shoulders or actively applaud.

No one is going to stick their military nose into US domestic issues to save anyone on either side until they know who is going to win.
yea. look around. people HATE us. if we started an internal war, people would love it and cheer for as many deaths as possible -.-
conspiracy is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
BoardWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 584
Default

Face it we're just a country with some effed up people. A homeless lady (in LA I think) got torched while sleeping on a bench and another person in NYC got pushed in front of a subway train. Maybe 30 round clips are bad I don't know, what I do know is that the killing will never stop. Sad shit...
BoardWalk is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 139
Default

i hate our countries people. its full of effing retards who have no respect for other human life. they all act like wild animals with rabies. ugggg.
conspiracy is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #108 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy View Post
i hate our countries people. its full of effing retards who have no respect for other human life. they all act like wild animals with rabies. ugggg.
Yeah, let's arm them
Bones is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
luna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy View Post
i hate our countries people. its full of effing retards who have no respect for other human life. they all act like wild animals with rabies. ugggg.
Problem is the media rarely reports the good things that happen
luna is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 139
Default

they are already armed -.-
conspiracy is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums