Nice work Obama-disgraceful - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post


I once heard someone trying to claim that the phrase "calling a spade a spade" was rascist.
bahaha

I was obviously kidding about the racist thing but it's based on personal experience. I went to an urban high school. Bus driver was arguing with some of the kids about something and ended up using that phrase about pot calling the kettle black and the whole bus (except for me the lone white guy) exploded, carrying on about her being racist.

It was...something. hah
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2014/2015 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 0
  • Boyne Mountain: 0
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 0
  • Caberfae Peaks: 0
  • Crystal Mountain: 0
  • Bittersweet: 0
sabatoa is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Wrong!

I told the guy to tone it down with the name calling. I was not debating him. He lost his temper and this was not the first time. It was a warning because there has been trouble in the past with his posts. You need to mind your own business and not worry about how this forum is run. Also, don't interject issues from one thread into another, take it up in that thread. You think I'm a joke fine. I don't give a rodents rectum about your opinion either way mate. This forum was running quite well under Killclimbz' and my administration long before you showed up and will continue to do so long after you're gone too. Nobody is forcing you to post here, if you don't like it, leave.
LOL, awwww someone is upset. You don't handle criticism very well. You aren't getting your way so you're taking your toys and going home. I don't have any issue with killclimbz. A matter of fact I think he adds a level head into most discussions here, unlike the other administrator who, when faced with someone he doesn't agree with threatens them with banning or changes the topic....

And when I'm ready I'll be on my way!


Unless you ban me before then. Either way it's all good. I've been a snowboarder loooooong before I found this site
StreetDoc is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Actually, I just went back and reviewed the posts. Both of you threw a fair bit of shit and the score's pretty close, but I'd say on balance you were slightly more inflammatory.

It's a pretty common human reaction to think that your own posts are much more rational, much more fact-filled, and much more right than everyone else's. An objective read generally shows different. Doesn't matter who you are.
Very true. Going back, both are inflammatory, but that 2nd post is what kicked it off I would say.

Quote:
Do you have any fucking idea how expensive it is to be a representative? Nevermind the sacrafice it takes to give up all means of income to run for office? You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to criticize congressional pay increases. I guess you only want Romney-like billionaires to be able to run for office? If you want reps to be 'of the people' you need to pay them accordingly.
He did criticize congressional pay increases so he was essentially being called a Moron. I'd fly off the handle as well.

Extremo, I understand your point of view, I don't even care about your policies and how they differ from my own. But what you cited as reference is completely different from the national scene. It is not expensive to be in Congress. Actually being in congress pays. Very well.

They don't have to pay for anything when it is business related. That is a fact. They get quite a number of perks. Their connections allow them to profit very handsomely, skirting, but staying within, ethics rules.

I'm not even talking about those who enter rich. I'm talking about those who enter modestly and become a millionaire while employed in Congress.

Congress people are notorious for owning land right next to construction projects they push for, and secure. Here is an example of a few, from both parties.

BEYOND INSIDER TRADING: Here's How Members Of Congress Get Rich Off Earmarks - Business Insider

Don't cry for Congress members. If anyone is not rich it's their fault. They do not need that raise.

Local govt is a completely different animal.
jdang307 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Very true. Going back, both are inflammatory, but that 2nd post is what kicked it off I would say.



He did criticize congressional pay increases so he was essentially being called a Moron. I'd fly off the handle as well.

Extremo, I understand your point of view, I don't even care about your policies and how they differ from my own. But what you cited as reference is completely different from the national scene. It is not expensive to be in Congress. Actually being in congress pays. Very well.

They don't have to pay for anything when it is business related. That is a fact. They get quite a number of perks. Their connections allow them to profit very handsomely, skirting, but staying within, ethics rules.

I'm not even talking about those who enter rich. I'm talking about those who enter modestly and become a millionaire while employed in Congress.

Congress people are notorious for owning land right next to construction projects they push for, and secure. Here is an example of a few, from both parties.

BEYOND INSIDER TRADING: Here's How Members Of Congress Get Rich Off Earmarks - Business Insider

Don't cry for Congress members. If anyone is not rich it's their fault. They do not need that raise.

Local govt is a completely different animal.
You got it...that's how I saw it...I didn't start out my post by calling Extremo a fucking Moron. Just not how I treat people until provoked, then well, the gloves come off.

Krug
Krug is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Not one valid argument about politics going on in this thread, just a bunch of shitty insults.
Smtanner is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Very true. Going back, both are inflammatory, but that 2nd post is what kicked it off I would say.



He did criticize congressional pay increases so he was essentially being called a Moron. I'd fly off the handle as well.

Extremo, I understand your point of view, I don't even care about your policies and how they differ from my own. But what you cited as reference is completely different from the national scene. It is not expensive to be in Congress. Actually being in congress pays. Very well.

They don't have to pay for anything when it is business related. That is a fact. They get quite a number of perks. Their connections allow them to profit very handsomely, skirting, but staying within, ethics rules.

I'm not even talking about those who enter rich. I'm talking about those who enter modestly and become a millionaire while employed in Congress.

Congress people are notorious for owning land right next to construction projects they push for, and secure. Here is an example of a few, from both parties.

BEYOND INSIDER TRADING: Here's How Members Of Congress Get Rich Off Earmarks - Business Insider

Don't cry for Congress members. If anyone is not rich it's their fault. They do not need that raise.

Local govt is a completely different animal.
Jesus...this thing is still going? I'll say it again, criticizing congressional pay raises is moronic. Generalizing that each congress person is somehow a money grubbing criminal is also moronic. I personally know Annie Kuster (I'm using her as an example, not because I think I'm fucking cool), she's an adoption lawyer, who entered politics because she believes in an egalitarian society. Her entire career she's worked on the behalf of others, not her own personal gain.

Being a congress person is work...it's not just play. Not sure if anyone's read a bill lately, or sat on committee, but it requires long hours and it requires skill and competence to negotiate our country's legislation, you know the policies that will forever effect our lives? For the time and effort each devotes for only $200K, they could be doing something much more lucrative and luxurious, as she has done in the past. It's a shitty, thankless job. And that doesn't even include the 18 hour campaign days they've just endured for over a year traveling the state from house party to house party, candidate forum to candidate forum or the endless grovelling at fundraisers, or the field organization and networking. $200k is hardly an incentive, we're not talking $1m here.

If the raise correlates with CPI then it's more than fair. I certainly don't want to create a system in which it takes an oil billionaire to cover the expenses of his crony congressman as the only viable means to be an elected official. I'd rather have Annie negotiating prescription med programs for people living in poverty on my dime..

When someone takes an ignorant or uninformed swipe at government I get a little offended. There's enough about it to criticize...a 1% pay increase, the first in 3 years, isn't one of them.
Extremo is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,341
Default

And WTF? Of all the venom spewed on this forum, this thread is what brings up it's debate. I thought we were being tame.
Extremo is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
And the first thing you respond with is "you're a fucking moron?" Very mature of you....

Where is snowolf to threaten you with a ban? Or does he only do that to people he doesn't agree with?
Yeah, I thought it prefaced my argument quite effectively. I didn't want to leave anything open for misinterpretation. I still haven't heard a reasonable argument as to why he thinks Obama is the reason congress voted to take a raise, or why he feels the 1% increase is exhorbitant. So yeah, I still stand by it.
Extremo is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,693
Blog Entries: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
You don't see a difference in saying someone is foolish vs a fucking moron?
You don't see a difference between calling someone foolish and telling them if they disagree with you then they're a fool?

Y'know what? I'm done. This thread and the other one have both gone past their stale date.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums