The history of gun control - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The history of gun control

gun control The History of Gun Control - FULL LENGTH - YouTube

I challenge you to watch this through and still believe we need a gun ban. My grandfather was born in Armenian in the early 1900s and survived the genocide.
StreetDoc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,075
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
gun control The History of Gun Control - FULL LENGTH - YouTube

I challenge you to watch this through and still believe we need a gun ban. My grandfather was born in Armenian in the early 1900s and survived the genocide.
And YET ONCE AGAIN the gun nuts start arguing against a GUN BAN that no-one but the gun nuts has even brought up. Please look up the phrase "Straw Man argument".


Error 404. Coffee not found.
Donutz is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A single action revolver or a bolt action rifle is not going to cut it for home defense. If you think they aren't trying to outlaw all handguns you're a fool.

"Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms;

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds."

For shits and giggles look up what they consider "military characteristics".. it's a joke. Everything but a bolt action rifle will be outlawed if it passes.
StreetDoc is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
And YET ONCE AGAIN the gun nuts start arguing against a GUN BAN that no-one but the gun nuts has even brought up. Please look up the phrase "Straw Man argument".
And did you even watch the video? It doesn't start with an outright gun ban....
StreetDoc is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
StreetDoc is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Do you even snowboard?
I work 3 12 hour shifts a week and I have over 20 days at Copper/Winter Park. Can't argue anything on the topic so you're going to resort to personal attacks? If you want to know more about me...

I also rock climb trad 5.10, sport 5.11+, Kayak up to Class IV, camp, and I usually take one long 3,000+ mile motorcycle road trip a year. Since you recently posted all the shit you do...

Last edited by StreetDoc; 01-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.
StreetDoc is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and I shoot guns for fun too!!!
StreetDoc is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,181
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Here's the deal. This sort of stuff can be posted all you want. It's not going to change anything. If gun rights advocates don't come to the table with ideas and how your toys can be better handled, exactly what you fear is going to happen.

I've seen this lame argument now claimed for several different countries. Do nothing and get what you fear.
killclimbz is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,075
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
If you think they aren't trying to outlaw all handguns you're a fool.
First off, if this is your idea of an intelligent argument, you can go fuck yourself. At this point, pretty much everything you say is worthless because you've started out with a personal attack.

Second, even in Canada we don't have the kind of total gun ban that you're gibbering about. Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that the US has any chance whatsoever of ending up with tighter controls than Canada?

Third, and IMO most important, you still haven't dealt with the question that's been asked again and again and again and again -- if guns are so great, and it isn't the gun it's the gunner, and banning guns increases crime, and yadda yadda yadda excuse excuse excuse, then why is it that mass shootings in particular and gun-related violence are higher in the US than anywhere except third-world countries and near-anarchies?

And last, just as a bonus question, why is it that any time you or some other gun advocate posts a "proof" of some kind, the mildest actual investigation determines that it's bullshit? I'm not going to watch the video, not because I don't want to meet your challenge, but because at this point you and your friends are zero for 20 or so, and I just can't be bothered.


Error 404. Coffee not found.
Donutz is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Here's the deal. This sort of stuff can be posted all you want. It's not going to change anything. If gun rights advocates don't come to the table with ideas and how your toys can be better handled, exactly what you fear is going to happen.

I've seen this lame argument now claimed for several different countries. Do nothing and get what you fear.
I agree 100%. The only real reason I posted a lot of this stuff is I feel there's a lot of misinformation here (on the internet can you believe it?!!?) and I'm bored at work I've been writing letters and signing petitions for a few weeks now. The problem is I don't agree with the NRA, and I don't agree with the left. There isn't a lot of compromise though (surprised?) That's what is going to hurt gun advocates in the long run.
StreetDoc is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome